Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2021, 03:59 PM   #43
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayley1LE View Post
ZL1, 1LE and 6speed is all I need/want.
I’m with this guy.
But I’ll add in the PDR.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #44
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
For me,
MUST HAVES:
A10
Tech Pack
NPP
RS Package (a lot would disagree with this, but its just me)

Nice To Haves:
Interior Spectrum Lighting
Strut Brace
GM Intake
Sunroof
Alloy Pedals
Black Wheel Nuts

I think if you really want options on this car, aftermarket is the way to go. Don't really heavily on GM's option list, just get what you would call "Basic necessities"

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:46 PM   #45
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
To me, this is really what's at the heart of a lot of the comments around part-swapping and "upgrading" an LT1. If you're changing the car into an SS, just buy the SS up front.

There's a $4,000 price increase from the LT1 to the 1SS. It adds a lot of stuff, including a bigger cooling system, Brembo brakes at the rear, Drive Mode selector, and the staggered summer-only tire setup. If you get the M6, it also comes with Active Rev Match.

While some of these changes can be done after the fact on an LT1, it's going to close that initial price gap very quickly. And, if you're after the different front end or tinted tail lamps, the SS spoiler, etc. - that gap is going to become negative and it will end up costing you way more money.

LT1 + a couple of SS options equals the same cost for less car. LT1 + a lot of SS options equals a lot more cost for less car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Buy what you want, but why spend the same or more, and end up with less?
It sounds like there is a comparison between an optioned LT1 to a bare-bones SS. Of course, the SS is going to be cheaper. An LT1 is still going to be between a grand or two cheaper than a similarly optioned SS. If anyone wants to upgrade their car afterward, they still have a good amount of money to spare. However, they'll have to live with missing out on a few standard SS features.

I mean sure it baffles me why someone would pay 2SS money for an LT1, seems like a rip-off. But, different buyers have their reasons for buying the LT1 over the SS. The prominent reasons come to looks, or not wanting so many electronics that might eventually break. Maybe, they just want a DIY car. Every buyer has their reasons.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:53 PM   #46
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
When I bought mine in 2018, only these options came with it...all that I needed:

-Automatic
-RS package mostly because of the better tires compared to base, plus the HID fronts and LED rears
-Sunroof
-Any color as long as it's black

Bose stereo doesn't sound $900 better than stock...and it's the engine/exhaust that make the music!

Mods took take of the rest of the must haves:

*Borla Atak axle back with black tips (sounds far better than NPP)
*interior LED footwell lighting that's always red
*Tinted Windows
*Variety of interior, exterior and engine bay dress-up items
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #47
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
It sounds like there is a comparison between an optioned LT1 to a bare-bones SS. Of course, the SS is going to be cheaper. An LT1 is still going to be between a grand or two cheaper than a similarly optioned SS. If anyone wants to upgrade their car afterward, they still have a good amount of money to spare. However, they'll have to live with missing out on a few standard SS features.

I mean sure it baffles me why someone would pay 2SS money for an LT1, seems like a rip-off. But, different buyers have their reasons for buying the LT1 over the SS. The prominent reasons come to looks, or not wanting so many electronics that might eventually break. Maybe, they just want a DIY car. Every buyer has their reasons.

IMO if you're a fast in a straight line guy and want to mod away then I think a stripper LT1 is a great option. Especially if you just want to throw in the super charger and everything else bare bones on the car.

A lot of guys are like that. I would have bought an LT1 if they had a bare bones, A10 within 100 miles of me. Instead I settled on a well loaded 2ss, 2016 but very low miles that was still cheaper than a new LT1.

Would any of you buy a super stripped LT1 if all that was included was the AC if the price was super cheap? Like if this was 1969 where you could order muscle cars bare bones for max performance.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:41 AM   #48
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
IMO if you're a fast in a straight line guy and want to mod away then I think a stripper LT1 is a great option. Especially if you just want to throw in the super charger and everything else bare bones on the car.

A lot of guys are like that. I would have bought an LT1 if they had a bare bones, A10 within 100 miles of me. Instead I settled on a well loaded 2ss, 2016 but very low miles that was still cheaper than a new LT1.

Would any of you buy a super stripped LT1 if all that was included was the AC if the price was super cheap? Like if this was 1969 where you could order muscle cars bare bones for max performance.
I would not. Nothing against doing that, but my days of buying a stripper car and doing all the mods myself are long gone. TBH, I never cared for it even when I was younger, I only did things like that because I couldn't afford to do it differently.

I have no lift, my garage is being fully utilized, so no room to work, I have virtually no tools. Any work done on my car will be work I have to pay someone else to do, so it just makes more sense to buy cars with the options I want already on them.

Some of the options offered are 'fluff' IMO and I couldn't care less about them. Dual Climate control in a cabin that small? That's a joke. Pretty lights flashing in the interior, um no thank you.

OTH here's a reason you see racers mounting tachs and such on their dash. HUD is a must have if you plan on driving fast.

Like to drive the twisties? Gotta have an eDiff. My 2016 SS did not have one and my 2018 does. You can definitely tell the difference. The 1LE is worth the cost just for that one option, IMO.

Looking back on my purchase, the 1SS package had very few options that I didn't like. The same for the 1LE. The 2SS package had very few options that I cared about and zero options related to performance, so that was an easy pass.

So I purchased a package that had pretty much everything I wanted, with a few things that didn't matter to me. Much cheaper than buying a stripper and trying to option my way back to the same equipment, less the few options I didn't care about. If you could even do that, which you can't with 1LE options.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:36 AM   #49
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
My must have options were zero miles, new m6 v8 under $30K. The only way to have it was locating a bare zero options LT1. Needless to say, it was found and well negotiated during the 2020 lock down. Do I miss any "must have" options? Nope, taking home a new v8 camaro under $30K was all the options I could have hoped for in my financial situation.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:39 AM   #50
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

A/C, radio, and the LT4 under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I would not. Nothing against doing that, but my days of buying a stripper car and doing all the mods myself are long gone. TBH, I never cared for it even when I was younger, I only did things like that because I couldn't afford to do it differently.

I have no lift, my garage is being fully utilized, so no room to work, I have virtually no tools. Any work done on my car will be work I have to pay someone else to do, so it just makes more sense to buy cars with the options I want already on them.
Maybe some of us have all that stuff and enjoy doing it. Just because people don't think the way you do doesn't/shouldn't make it right or wrong.

If you do not have the capabilities, or the desire, to tinker with your car more power to you. Buy what you want and enjoy it.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #51
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
A/C, radio, and the LT4 under the hood.

Maybe some of us have all that stuff and enjoy doing it. Just because people don't think the way you do doesn't/shouldn't make it right or wrong.

If you do not have the capabilities, or the desire, to tinker with your car more power to you. Buy what you want and enjoy it.
Dude you seem to be unable to understand when someone is agreeing with you. You also seem to like to instigate.

Reading comprehension problem maybe?

Please point out where I said there was something wrong with people working on their own cars. Did you not see where I said "Nothing against doing that"?

There's certainly nothing wrong with people who are into working on cars. I respect that, just not interested myself.

Attitude problem?

Then you have to go with the insults:

If I 'don't have the capabilities.' LOL, like it's really tough and you have to be really smart to mod a car? LOL, It's not exactly rocket science.

I don't have any interest in working on cars, that doesn't mean I can't do it, just means I don't want to.

Basically you couldn't afford more than an LT1, so now you want to rationalize how you really wouldn't have bought more car even if you could have afforded it. On top of that you want to insult those of us who bought more car than you did.

But deep down, you wanted it fully loaded, unfortunately your job waiting tables just couldn't quite get you there.

It's OK, one day when you grow up maybe you'll be able to buy all the things you want.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #52
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
If I were to be in the market for a LT1 I think I would “need” the following:
A10
NPP
Wild Cherry Tint coat
Black split rims

If venturing into the “want” or “would like” territory add:
RS Package
Black exterior accent Package
Black split rims
Black fuel door
Black spoiler
Black hash marks
8” premium infotainment

Sexy beast!
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:25 AM   #53
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
A10
NPP
Wild Cherry Tint coat
Black split rims

RS Package
Black split rims
Black fuel door
Black spoiler
Black hash marks
8” premium infotainment

Sexy beast!
I have those wheels on my car. They are fantastic
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #54
NotFast

Drives: 2021 LT1
If I had the choice (and I bought my LT1 off the lot) - I'd add the Recaro seats. I saw them at another local car but it sold.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #55
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
A10
NPP
Wild Cherry Tint coat
Black split rims

RS Package
Black split rims
Black fuel door
Black spoiler
Black hash marks
8” premium infotainment

Sexy beast!
That's a good looking car.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:08 AM   #56
GrayLT1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Well one thing I personally really want are bright head lights. My car came with the RS package so not sure if mine are standard head lights or HID, but they sure are bright. If the RS Oackage is why they are so bright then I will put that in my must haves for the LT1 (instead of nice to have).
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote