Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2016, 04:11 AM   #43
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
have talked to 13 insurance companies from both name brand companies to small companies and geico has been the lowest or the same. Talked to geico again today as well as progressive, state farm and farmers. didn't talk personally to the others. But the ones i talked to all said the same thing. Rates are increasing across the board for all insurance companies. and that checks out going by the quotes ive gotten today. just sucks. I couldn't imagine what my rates would be if i had some tickets or any accidents reported. (UPDATE) ahhhh!!!! Just got it figured it out. Everyone including geico was adding my daughter to my policy. shes 21, yet none of them mentioned her. They only refereed to me and my wife when quoting me the price. Thats some shady shit right there.
How could she not be mentioned if her driving record is considered in the quote?
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:26 AM   #44
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentownage001 View Post
My dad commuted to work in my brother's old 2006 Mustang GT for several months. They traded it in on my mom's C7 a couple of years ago. Insurance went down.
I quoted a C7 and my '16 SS, C7 was about 1.3x the Camaro.

Here in Michigan, that is a LOT of money for an under-25.

The funny thing was, a '13 ZL1 was less than a '16 SS, which to me is a way safer car to drive (easier to manage, see out of, manuever etc). Progressive treated each car I quoted as a "2 door V8 coupe" regardless of trim (a C5 Z06 was like $6 more/month than a base C5, ZL1 and SS were the same way).

My 2002 Trans Am comes out to something like 45% of what I pay on the Camaro though I have a higher deductible.
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #45
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentownage001 View Post
My dad commuted to work in my brother's old 2006 Mustang GT for several months. They traded it in on my mom's C7 a couple of years ago. Insurance went down.
Ok? 2 seater vs 4 seater isn't the only thing that affects insurance premium. Rate of insurance claims and safety are also huge factors, the corvette winning vs the mustang by a landslide in both of those metrics.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #46
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
They probably made that reason up. States also impact increases. So do the cost of repairing damages on average overall to all cars, not just accidents. For example, if all of a sudden there are 50% more people driving MB's in your area and you still have a Camaro, your rate will go up.

Geico is also notorious for low balling you to get you on as a customer, then raising rates. I had Geico for years and years and just kept blindly renewing like a fool for as long as I can remember. I finally switched everything to Liberty Mutual two years ago (homeowners, the cars, and umbrella) and literally cut my annual insurance premiums down by more than half while even increasing some of my coverage. Geico couldn't even match it. LM is a reputable insurance company that's making an aggressive push to gain market share by offering better rates...that's the same thing Geico did when they weren't the giant they are now.
Same here! I was with Geico forever! They tried to slide in a rate increase on me 2 years ago so I started shopping around. I ended up with Allstate for everything! House, cars, rental properties, umbrella. Saved a good chunk of change!
I was with them for over 15 years! I think its always good to shop around at least every couple years.
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #47
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
have talked to 13 insurance companies from both name brand companies to small companies and geico has been the lowest or the same. Talked to geico again today as well as progressive, state farm and farmers. didn't talk personally to the others. But the ones i talked to all said the same thing. Rates are increasing across the board for all insurance companies. and that checks out going by the quotes ive gotten today. just sucks. I couldn't imagine what my rates would be if i had some tickets or any accidents reported. (UPDATE) ahhhh!!!! Just got it figured it out. Everyone including geico was adding my daughter to my policy. shes 21, yet none of them mentioned her. They only refereed to me and my wife when quoting me the price. Thats some shady shit right there.
I'm not sure if this still applies but back in the day when I lived in NY, Geico made me cover my girlfriend under my policy because we lived together and she was a licensed driver. Maybe that's why they added your daughter to the policy quote?
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #48
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
What are you paying for full coverage per year? What state do you live in? Increase of $40. What are you talking about?
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #49
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
I just received a $10/month increase with USAA... I guess all the recent car wrecks and totals are influencing the insurance industry!
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #50
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Dudes what doesn't go up these days? really! Tell u what-they ain't going down!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #51
GPz1100

Drives: 97 Z28 6MT, '12 G37 6MT
I guess that's one perk of liberty mutual. They only shaft you once a year (annual policies).
GPz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #52
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
What are you paying for full coverage per year? What state do you live in? Increase of $40. What are you talking about?
Based on what you wrote, im going to guess reading is not your strong point. read original post again.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:38 PM   #53
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Wow I have no ideal how you all are getting cheap rates. This is one reason I didn't go with a SS was progressive quoted me 128 a month I'm 45 with a perfect record just then I asked about the 1lt they said 70 a month.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #54
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Asked USAA earlier this month about moving from '13 2LT to '16 2SS -- increase of 32$ per month. Asked why, the answer was due to frequent crash data and high repair cost already collecting on the 2016 Camaro. Made it sound like every Camaro crashed so far was a total loss or hefty repair bill.

That does weigh heavily on insurance cost. In the past, every new vehicle actually drove our monthly bill down because there was little to no crash or repair data for that model year yet.

Why are so many Camaros crashing and getting totaled? I suspect anyone with an active policy on one will see a noticeable increase on their next renewal.

I'm in my 30's and have 3 vehicles (2013, 2014 & 2015 MY's). USAA has been the cheapest but seeing an increase for a brand new vehicle is surprising. Typically after 2 years the premium on a vehicle creeps up and on the third year we trade up, getting another insurance drop.

I guess too many buyers aren't respecting all that new found power?
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote