Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 10-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
JitteryJoe

Drives: 21' LTI, '18 Traverse, '15 Mazda 6
Best time of the year to buy?

Does anyone have any insight into the best time to buy? It seems to me only 1K cash back right now is low but I've only started looking into Camaros. I feel like now is a bad time with Covid 19 supply issues and the 2021's just being introduced. Does anyone know how long I have to wait for more incentives? It seems like they had 3,500 conquest cash at one point for mustang owners (not me). But I was at least hoping for owner loyalty since we own a Chevy or at least something...
JitteryJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Winter. January-early March for incentives.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
JitteryJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Winter. January-early March for incentives.

Great to hear, We have Ad Valorem tax here in KY so it's better to buy at the beginning of the year anyway I think.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #4
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
In most years it seems end of year or early part of the following year, and especially if you are buying where there is snow (dealers know many of these cars will sit until Spring/Summer, especially if you are getting a Camaro with high performance summer only tires).

This year is very different. Between the strike and Covid-19 and now parts shortages, I just don't see dealers having tons of inventory and GM being as aggressive on incentives. It's a supply and demand driven market.

It will depend on what model, color, options, etc and inventory. Some dealers may be wiling to budge more than others. But I suspect you wont see any drastic rebates/offers from GM.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:16 PM   #5
JitteryJoe

Yeah, the regional price difference are crazy too. I can't touch anything used locally for cheaper than what I can fly into Miami and buy new for. Looks like DC has good prices too.

Last edited by JitteryJoe; 10-14-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #6
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
It probably varies to some degree, but for this type of car I'd think winter months would be the best option. I bought mine in mid-March (of 2017), when GM had multiple incentives that I could stack up + some negotiating and ended up around 17-18% off MSRP.

My biggest piece of advice is to negotiate an out the door price with TTL, any "dealer fees", etc. already baked into the price.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #7
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Like mentioned above, and don't think any general rules about buying cars applies right now.

Pre-covid, I'd see winter discounts advertised but not to extent everyone is talking about. I'm guessing because you have to negotiate those. I also saw decent discounts starting memorial day. I ordered my car in spring 2019 and got 12% off of msrp when i took delivery. I was happy with that, and even happier i didn't wait for the strike + covid.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:39 AM   #8
JitteryJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Like mentioned above, and don't think any general rules about buying cars applies right now.

Pre-covid, I'd see winter discounts advertised but not to extent everyone is talking about. I'm guessing because you have to negotiate those. I also saw decent discounts starting memorial day. I ordered my car in spring 2019 and got 12% off of msrp when i took delivery. I was happy with that, and even happier i didn't wait for the strike + covid.

Did you happen to buy from these guys since they are near Maryland?

https://www.koonschevybuickgmc.com/

They seem to have some of the lowest advertised prices and are a lot closer to drive home from than the dealer in Miami.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:07 AM   #9
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post

They seem to have some of the lowest advertised prices and are a lot closer to drive home from than the dealer in Miami.
Few things about these guys. Get a full out the door quote, because I inquired about a car in the advertised price they did not include the mandatory factory shipping price, nor their dealer fees which were really high.

You also may not qualify for all the advertised incentives. When you get the out the door price you might find that the price goes up more than you realize.

Definitely gotta do your homework especially when buying out of state.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #10
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitteryJoe View Post

No, i bought from Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring. Our family has bought cars only from them over 10 years. I really like them, it seems most of the buyers are repeat customers like us, and the sales people are low pressure and really want to keep you as a repeat buyer. We've never had a bad experience buying a car.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:16 AM   #11
JitteryJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Few things about these guys. Get a full out the door quote, because I inquired about a car in the advertised price they did not include the mandatory factory shipping price, nor their dealer fees which were really high.

You also may not qualify for all the advertised incentives. When you get the out the door price you might find that the price goes up more than you realize.

Definitely gotta do your homework especially when buying out of state.

Good to know, I definitely wouldn't fly anywhere without a OTD quote ahead of time. Thanks for the info on the destination charge too. Yeah, dealer fees were $900 and they said they wouldn't do the supplier pricing $75 cap while still honoring their advertised discounts. But if they're not including destination their price wouldn't really be better than supplier. But of course everything is negotiable and half the battle is finding a car with low to no options to begin with.

You definitely have to be careful for sure. When I bought our traverse it had a $450 charge for an aftermarket flashing 3rd brake light. Even after the salesman agreed to take it off it was still there when I went to the finance guy.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #12
JitteryJoe

Also looks like the dealer in Miami has an "electronic fee" of $400