Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #29
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
I basically use the same steps in this thread as well. I do a detail inside and out (wash, clay, polish, wax, tire dressing, vacuum, clean and condition dash and leather interior), change the oil, full tank of 93 with Stabil Marine 360, inflate the tires to 40-45 psi. Then it is put in the unheated garage on carpets, with battery maintainer, dryer sheets inside and underneath, also under the hood. Steel wool with dryer sheets in the tailpipes. I cover it with a nice custom fit indoor car cover from West Coast Camaro. Then let it sit until April or May. I will be looking to put it away in a couple weeks. I was debating on purchasing and trying flatstoppers. In all the years that I have been putting my vehicles away, I have never used anything like that, I always just inflate the tires more and put the vehicles on carpets and have never had an issue with flat spots, so I don't think I need them, but they seemed like a nice idea.
I was on the same fence about the flatstoppers. Never bothered with them, don’t care about them as much. Only thing that sucks is detailing the car in mid-low 40° weather... the water gets cold FAST
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:34 AM   #30
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Do you keep oven mits in your car?

Just curious.

Last week was old man winter flashing us the moon with a few teaser slaps.

It’s coming. I won’t be able to put it in the shop until Nov, so hopefully the snow stays away ‘till then. Nice thing is it will be heated at 55 deg. minimum all winter.

FYI, dryer sheets is a myth.

I’ve seen em take dumps on them.
All I can say or go by, is what has worked for me or by my own experience and that is that the dryer sheets have worked for me for the last 10+ years, before that, I had used just moth balls and now have used both together sometimes, but primarily the dryer sheets. I have never seen a trace of a mouse or anything else in the three vehicles that are stored away in the same garage, by the same process. The dryer sheets are always just as new as they were when I put them in the vehicles, so I usually just throw them back in the box come spring and reuse them the next fall and they are still just as effective. Besides that the vehicles smell nice, when they are ready to be taken out again too. Granted for the last couple years, I also have used a superior mouse trap consisting of a 5 gallon bucket and some anti-freeze, but the dryer sheets worked prior to that anyways. Like I said, I can only speak for myself.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:40 AM   #31
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
All I can say or go by, is what has worked for me or by my own experience and that is that the dryer sheets have worked for me for the last 10+ years, before that, I had used just moth balls and now have used both together sometimes, but primarily the dryer sheets. I have never seen a trace of a mouse or anything else in the three vehicles that are stored away in the same garage, by the same process. The dryer sheets are always just as new as they were when I put them in the vehicles, so I usually just throw them back in the box come spring and reuse them the next fall and they are still just as effective. Besides that the vehicles smell nice, when they are ready to be taken out again too. Granted for the last couple years, I also have used a superior mouse trap consisting of a 5 gallon bucket and some anti-freeze, but the dryer sheets worked prior to that anyways. Like I said, I can only speak for myself.
Just curious... do you know you actually have a rodent issue? If you didn't user the dryer sheets or moth balls etc... would you have absolutely had mice?

Unfortunately I have to put mine away far sooner then I was hoping as I'm going to be having shoulder surgery in two weeks. :-(
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #32
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Just curious... do you know you actually have a rodent issue? If you didn't user the dryer sheets or moth balls etc... would you have absolutely had mice?

Unfortunately I have to put mine away far sooner then I was hoping as I'm going to be having shoulder surgery in two weeks. :-(
I would not really call it a rodent issue, but I am surrounded by open AG fields and with those this time of year comes with the mice and moles that are looking for somewhere inside to hibernate for the winter, so where as I do not have any issues during the spring and summer months, I have caught a few mice in traps this time of year as they try to make their way in. I also use the bucket trap method in my camper and outdoor shed, which seems to catch the bulk of them because the bucket I have used in the storage garage with the cars, only had one mouse in it over last winter. So I would have to say yes, without these things, I would have mice making their way into the vehicles.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #33
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Good luck with the surgery, brother. I have some permanent shoulder injury (although fortunately with less life impact), so I know how much it sucks and hope yours will improve afterwards.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:48 AM   #34
jamala00

Quote:
I would not really call it a rodent issue, but I am surrounded by open AG fields and with those this time of year comes with the mice and moles that are looking for somewhere inside to hibernate for the winter, so where as I do not have any issues during the spring and summer months, I have caught a few mice in traps this time of year as they try to make their way in. I also use the bucket trap method in my camper and outdoor shed, which seems to catch the bulk of them because the bucket I have used in the storage garage with the cars, only had one mouse in it over last winter. So I would have to say yes, without these things, I would have mice making their way into the vehicles.
That's great info...! I was going to do the dry sheet thing, but didn't truly know if it was really worth it, but now I will do it for sure. Do you put them in the vehicle or outside and around it?
Old 10-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #35
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Good luck with the surgery, brother. I have some permanent shoulder injury (although fortunately with less life impact), so I know how much it sucks and hope yours will improve afterwards.
Thx bud...! I appreciate it. Mine is not horrible yet, but I have been getting cortisone shots for a bit now. It needs to be fixed and I have met my max out of pocket this year so I figured now is as good of time as any. Just sucks because I'll want to get my bike and car put away before, so I don't have to worry about doing it the middle of Dec when I'm off restrictions. :-(.. It will make the longer winter season even longer... Oh Well, what can you do right.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #36
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Quote:
That's great info...! I was going to do the dry sheet thing, but didn't truly know if it was really worth it, but now I will do it for sure. Do you put them in the vehicle or outside and around it?
I put them inside for the most part, on the floor, seats, dash and in the trunk. I put a couple under the hood, laying on the engine cover and around the intake. Last year, along with the steel wool, I put them in the tailpipes as well. Then I usually take some moth balls and place them underneath the car, although I did not do that this past winter, I just never got around to getting a box, but I will likely get a box for this winter. Now, I cant speak for everyone, but I have had no issues while using dryer sheets. They are not too expensive for a small box and you will not use them all in one winter so you will have some for future use. I store three vehicles and I am still on the same box I bought awhile ago. So if for anything it is cheap enough to start using as an added deterrent to protect such an expensive investment. Hope that helps.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #37
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
what is this winter you speak of?bring it to my house in central florida and i will personally drive it for you once a week to keep the battery charged and circulate the oil.ill even run the a/c if its needed.
Winters in Florida are the best driving time of the year.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #38
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Unfortunately, I don't have a garage and refuse to pay storage facilities $350+/mth so I put up a carport that I bought from amazon and anchored it deep into the asphalt driveway with 8 steel 12" anchors and cement. The carport has a top, sides, front and back made of pretty thick tarp but it's not at all air tight.

Since the car will be outside all winter, would there be any advantage to getting a car cover for it while it's in the carport? If so, which outdoor car cover would you recommend? Thanks inadvance

Learned alot from this thread, love this forum!
17MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:58 PM   #39
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Winters in Florida are the best driving time of the year.
Ok, from my perspective that’s crazy! Wish I was you.