Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 04-01-2019, 02:26 AM   #1
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
3m paint protection film

I ordered a 12"x48" roll of the film and I am going to put in on behind and in front of my wheels. For any that have done it themselves is the any special prep work to the paint i need to do, I have been practicing putting it on my toolbox and the flat panels are pretty easy. I am worried if I mess up the thin ass paint will come off with the film! Bought the car with 6k on it and it was perfect but after me beating on it for 3k miles the damn rocks are getting to the paint. thanks
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:34 AM   #2
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'd polish the paint to remove dirt, waxes and paint imperfections 1st.

It's pretty hard to apply it perfectly, even on a flat panel, but you don't need to... tiny bubbles will come out on their own in a few days, letting the car sit in the sun after applying is a good idea.

After a week or so letting it cure I apply a paint sealer + wax.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:44 PM   #3
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Thanks Dave, going to trace me out a template tomorrow morning after work. Seems like 75% of the chips are inFRONT of the rear tires. Had rock guards on the front but not the back, ordered zl1 addon rears and they sent fronts...They are shipping rears I hope, said they would expedite them but that was Thursday and now they show to be here this Thursday, so they just reg shipped them.
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote