Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2019, 08:58 AM   #29
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Not to "bump" my own thread that took a 180 but all I can say is.....Damn this is one hell of a car, my brakes will last forever because I just turn and go lol. Think my first mod will be side skirts, then smoked led markers. 2 days in and I hate the placement of the drive mode switch, keep hitting it with my wrist when I have my hand on the shifter. Look down and I'm in track mode! Hell no lol, sport and some power slides is all I've done. 5k max
Really wanted a ZL1 but damn how can you drive it on the street, this car will pass everything but a gas station. I'm sure I'll get use to the power I may be bias but I think it looks better than the ZL1!
I'm 6'0 and 290 and these seats are SNUG, great motivation for a diet lol. I envy you skinny fuggers

Last edited by beedo; 01-27-2019 at 09:12 AM.
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #30
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedo View Post
Not to "bump" my own thread that took a 180 but all I can say is.....Damn this is one hell of a car, my brakes will last forever because I just turn and go lol. Think my first mod will be side skirts, then smoked led markers. 2 days in and I hate the placement of the drive mode switch, keep hitting it with my wrist when I have my hand on the shifter. Look down and I'm in track mode! Hell no lol, sport and some power slides is all I've done. 5k max
Really wanted a ZL1 but damn how can you drive it on the street, this car will pass everything but a gas station. I'm sure I'll get use to the power I may be bias but I think it looks better than the ZL1!
I'm 6'0 and 290 and these seats are SNUG, great motivation for a diet lol. I envy you skinny fuggers
Out of all the 6th Gen. Camaro's , I think the SS 1LE looks the best. I do love the wing and dive planes of the ZL1 1LE, but I am not a huge fan of the satin black wheels or the wheel design. Same with the ZL1, not a fan of the wheel design.

The SS 1LE design wise, just knocks it out of the park. It looks great from every angle, there is minimal fender gap, the wheels are pushed out flush, the wheel design is as great as anything I have seen aftermarket, and they went with a more dark gray color and not black wheels.

I would still take a ZL1 1LE over the SS 1LE if they offered it with the normal F1 Supercar 3 tires, and lowered the spring rate just a bit, but I would make that switch for the performance reasons only, not cosmetic.

Name:  IMG_8601.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  175.2 KB

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:16 AM   #31
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Out of all the 6th Gen. Camaro's , I think the SS 1LE looks the best. I do love the wing and dive planes of the ZL1 1LE, but I am not a huge fan of the satin black wheels or the wheel design. Same with the ZL1, not a fan of the wheel design.

The SS 1LE design wise, just knocks it out of the park. It looks great from every angle, there is minimal fender gap, the wheels are pushed out flush, the wheel design is as great as anything I have seen aftermarket, and they went with a more dark gray color and not black wheels.

Attachment 972931
Concur 100% the 1LE is the only Camaro I would buy besides the ZL1 which is out of my price range. Also the only Chevy I would buy. They got the looks, performance, and stance spot on. And the value per dollar is ridiculous. Now if only they knew how to market the car :-/
Old 01-28-2019, 01:24 AM   #32
Cam1977
The Crush

Drives: 2019 1SS/1LE Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post

I would still take a ZL1 1LE over the SS 1LE if they offered it with the normal F1 Supercar 3 tires, and lowered the spring rate just a bit, but I would make that switch for the performance reasons only, not cosmetic.

Attachment 972931
Man that is one beautiful ride you have their
Cam1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #33
beedo

Bought the car Saturday and it was flawless, Wednesday night going to work kit a pothole AT work and scuffed a wheel......Really??? Not a week into ownership I have this shit happen. Not bad but knocked a pea size chunk of paint off, touch up paint is on order so it should conceal it.
Is that my tire manufacturer date??
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #34
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Bought the car Saturday and it was flawless, Wednesday night going to work kit a pothole AT work and scuffed a wheel......Really??? Not a week into ownership I have this shit happen. Not bad but knocked a pea size chunk of paint off, touch up paint is on order so it should conceal it.
Is that my tire manufacturer date??
Yes.
47th week of 2017.
Or something like the third week of Nov 2017.
Sorry to hear about the rim damage, at least you didn't bend it.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #35
beedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Yes.
47th week of 2017.
Or something like the third week of Nov 2017.
Sorry to hear about the rim damage, at least you didn't bend it.
Car went into service 03/18 so and are damn near full tread so I know car wasnt a used.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #36
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Car went into service 03/18 so and are damn near full tread so I know car wasnt a used.
Good buy man, and congrats.