Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 08-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
BustaRs32

Drives: 2016 camaro rs
Questions about warranty

I was wondering if Chevy dealers can still fix your car if your warranty is voided and also if you didn’t buy the car from a Chevy dealer but a local private dealer ? Question #2 does anyone know of a good mechanic shop to take a look at my camaro ? Codes P0700 / P3400 / P0711 popped up on my car this past month .
BustaRs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Of course a Chevy dealer can/will fix your car after the warranty is done. Most dealerships hate warranty work, customer pay jobs is where they make their money.

As for as your second question, California is a pretty big state, don't you think it would help if you listed your location?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
OBD2 reader: the most important tool in the modern toolbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustaRs32 View Post
Codes P0700 / P3400 / P0711 popped up on my car this past month .
Unless you know you broke your car in an obvious way, 90% of the time random codes from around the car are caused by a temporary low voltage issue (which may or may not be caused by something needing repair).

Buy a cheap OBD2 reader off ebay or amazon for $20 and clear the codes yourself. Or give $20 to a local mechanic to do the same. Or go to an auto parts store and get it done for free.

If the car returns to normal and the codes don't come back, then you're good.

No need to drop a pair of hondos at the dealer for what you can get done cheap or free.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote