#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-13-2018, 10:21 PM   #113
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
This is a no-go; you're cutting off a large portion of the airflow to the engine with your emblem placement. It may not even start now. IJKS of course.

But I like the way Chevy redesigned the front, flow-tie placement and all.
Yea, we get it; you've been riding the new design this whole thread. You've succeeded in convincing us...that you have bad taste and possible vision problems, it's cool

All jokes aside, that render looks much better with the flowtie moved to the grill. In its standard placement, it looks to be aerating the bumper(real bumper not the exterior cover). Point of a flowtie was to allow more air to pass through the GRILL than a solid bowtie would.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:04 PM   #114
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I see no poll. I read the article, but couldn't find the poll. ??
Old 08-14-2018, 12:05 AM   #115
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I see no poll. I read the article, but couldn't find the poll. ??
At the bottom of the page, lower-left.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:43 PM   #116
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
All jokes aside, that render looks much better with the flowtie moved to the grill. In its standard placement, it looks to be aerating the bumper(real bumper not the exterior cover). Point of a flowtie was to allow more air to pass through the GRILL than a solid bowtie would.

Yea, Flowtie looks better in any rendering but ain't happening till a Gen 7 lets say. Beating a dead horse with all the emblem shit. Don't like it, don't get the 19's. Really simple. As for the Flowtie to let more air pass through, Who are you trying to teach what is known already. I feel like putting a big DUH sign at the end.... Also i don't think Klutch is trying to convince anyone to anything. He's just showing his own opinion on it like everyone has here.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:25 PM   #117
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Yea, Flowtie looks better in any rendering but ain't happening till a Gen 7 lets say. Beating a dead horse with all the emblem shit. Don't like it, don't get the 19's. Really simple. As for the Flowtie to let more air pass through, Who are you trying to teach what is known already. I feel like putting a big DUH sign at the end.... Also i don't think Klutch is trying to convince anyone to anything. He's just showing his own opinion on it like everyone has here.
Basically. I'm not going to go in on anyone who thinks differently than me about something as trivial as an automobile; not my style. It's all good. I just don't respond; too easy.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #118
Wontspeak

Drives: 1SS 1LE

Maybe not as much of a resemblance as the Lexus line up, but when I see the front end, I say to myself, You're one... *ugly* m*****f*****!

And just to be clear, I don’t think it’s ugly at all, I just think of that face and the movie line when I see a Lexus product or anything remotely similar. *laughs*
Wontspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #119
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by artey34 View Post
Steel grey
That is a fantastic color on the Camaro. When I see this photo, I can almost forget about the front bumper.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #120
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabush View Post
Paint, 5 min job :

Looks much better. Like that I buy it. The bowtie belongs here and nowhere else !!!
Completely changes the look. Love it. Such a simple change and it would please 99% of all Camaro fans.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #121
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Completely changes the look. Love it. Such a simple change and it would please 99% of all Camaro fans.
Someone needs to make a bumper flowtie delete kit with a new grill flowtie to make this happen. Seems simple enough, and they could make a killing as cost would minimal and people would be glad to pay it seems.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #122
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
I added emojis to denote that I was speaking in a joking/light-hearted manner and messing with someone as opposed to seriously insulting them... I wasn't trying to teach anyone anything about the flowtie, just stating that in the current position it doesn't do what it was intended to do because it flows air at the bumper structure underneath. You should have been able to tell that if you read with your mind and not your emotions. Try not to get your knickers in a twist lad

Random history lesson: for 2012, Honda made the Civic uglier. The complaints were such that Honda made tweaks to make it nicer for 2013 and it looked way better. IE, there's always hope.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #123
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Someone needs to make a bumper flowtie delete kit with a new grill flowtie to make this happen. Seems simple enough, and they could make a killing as cost would minimal and people would be glad to pay it seems.
For aftermarket, dont even need a grill flowtie. We all know it's a Chevy. Just delete the bumper flowtie and call it good. Still ugly but not as.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:53 AM   #124
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Fake inlet bumper pained black is fake. Yes, I know there are pretend intakes on a lot of cars, but this is getting out of hand.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:55 AM   #125
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I added emojis to denote that I was speaking in a joking/light-hearted manner and messing with someone as opposed to seriously insulting them... I wasn't trying to teach anyone anything about the flowtie, just stating that in the current position it doesn't do what it was intended to do because it flows air at the bumper structure underneath. You should have been able to tell that if you read with your mind and not your emotions. Try not to get your knickers in a twist lad

Random history lesson: for 2012, Honda made the Civic uglier. The complaints were such that Honda made tweaks to make it nicer for 2013 and it looked way better. IE, there's always hope.

Like i said before, The flowtie crap position has been cried about enough. Magically its not going to change on the refresh. The way you come off sounded like insult to me, so take it how it is. And trust me i think with my mind not emotions. If it was emotions i would have really let loose on a post but no, was just saying it like i see it lad...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #126
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Just move to one of the states that require a front license plate , someone can make a holder for the plate that fits right into the flowtie ,problem fixed . Now having to put a license plate on the front of your car is how you ruin a look.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote