Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-24-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
Jman64

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE in Rapid Blue
stock 2018 1le question

So I'm starting to look around for a 1LE, probably still a month or two from buying, but starting to look. I drove one this past weekend, and the sales guy was talking it up naturally. He seemed to be a bit of a track day guy, as he was talking about running his vette. Anyway he mentions that the stock 1LE is capable of an extra 20-30hp with just a tune, as it has the upgraded intake, but it's not tuned to really take advantage of it. I wasn't aware that the 1LE had the gm CAI stock, is that accurate? I also mentioned not wanting to void my warranty to which he scoffed at saying I wouldn't with just a tune. I've definitely heard arguments that you will, but I'm not certain of that either.

I'm plenty happy with the power in the 1LE as it sat so when I get one, I'm not going to be looking to mess with it right away. However if this is true, down the road I might look into a tune if the gains are there to be had.
Jman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:46 AM   #2
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
He is talking out his a$$.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman64 View Post
So I'm starting to look around for a 1LE, probably still a month or two from buying, but starting to look. I drove one this past weekend, and the sales guy was talking it up naturally. He seemed to be a bit of a track day guy, as he was talking about running his vette. Anyway he mentions that the stock 1LE is capable of an extra 20-30hp with just a tune, as it has the upgraded intake, but it's not tuned to really take advantage of it. I wasn't aware that the 1LE had the gm CAI stock, is that accurate? I also mentioned not wanting to void my warranty to which he scoffed at saying I wouldn't with just a tune. I've definitely heard arguments that you will, but I'm not certain of that either.

I'm plenty happy with the power in the 1LE as it sat so when I get one, I'm not going to be looking to mess with it right away. However if this is true, down the road I might look into a tune if the gains are there to be had.
No, it does not come with a different intake.

Yes, GM can deny powertrain warranty claims if the tune has been modified.

Do not listen to that guy.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 01:43 AM   #4
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Yea that sounds like typical dealer BS
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:27 AM   #5
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
He's right about one thing, adding the GM air intake does require re-flashing the ECU so it knows how much air to expect coming in. If it has the air intake, make sure that they did the factory required tune (it's in the instructions that come with the air intake).
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman64 View Post

Will say anything to sell.

Get the service manager to put it in writing and you might have a chance. And I would go for headers before some "CAI".
Old 07-24-2018, 06:43 AM   #7
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
SS 1LE or ZL1 1LE?
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #8
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
A tune will gain from 412/420 to 450/460 with e85. And it will void engine warranty but who cares. Lol
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
Jman64

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE in Rapid Blue
Sorry I should have pointed out, it was a SS1 1LE. I figured he was full of it, but thought I was ask the experts! As far as the car goes, I think I'm fine with it's stock performance, it was more a curiosity. I may track the car a little, but mainly it's just for my personal enjoyment and fun. As for the warranty, that's one of the main reasons I'm planning on buying new. I don't want to worry about repair costs for a few years.
Jman64 is offline   Reply With Quote