Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #15
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
Gee TJ is from Toronto area...
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:48 AM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Hey Guys, my 2010 LLT engine was stolen, when I was visiting Toronto 2 weeks ago. Have you heard of any for sale lately?

Kappa
Hey Gee your profile says 2011 butyour post says 2010
Pm me your Vin !

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Great to hear! Ya know, I somewhat misunderstood your posts. I thought you were running a compression test on the engine purchase you were considering and not yours. Now that I understand that, I certainly agree to go ahead and repair your factory engine. Compression test looks good to me. And of course, you will get the improved timing chain. So glad to hear you are saving money and a whole lot of work. Just be sure that when you do the chain, you clean cover and all mating surfaces extremely well and use GM FACTORY sealant only!! Replace the front crank seal, as well. You don't want any irritating oil leaks! Keep us posted!

Gee! try LKQ used auto parts for an engine.
Honestly the sign of relief. When we first did compression she was pushing about 30 pounds on a few cylinders. I told my buddy that I think the battery is to low. So we had it boosted while doing the compression test and it was solid across the board. Fired her up and its just the chains we hear, not valvs or anything. Havnt heard her in almost 2 months. I could not be happier!

Thanks for the tips im going to call the shop and make sure they use the right sealant!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #17
Nelb4z00d

Drives: 2010 camaro
Hi , I'm new to this never been on here before so sorry if I'm doing this wrong but just wondering if a 08 Cadillac CTS engine 3.6 liter will fit in a 2010 Camaro 3.6 both VIN numbers 8 digit are V both are automatics one person I talked to said the timing chain covers won't line up correctly because the pullys or something like that another person said that people swap these engines out all the time for the 2010 and 2011 camaro .and make them work so wondering if anyone can help if there's a thread and I'll get to that thread I tried to do a search but it won't let me my screen goes blank every time I hit it. thank you also will the computer in my car read it properly. Thanks again
Nelb4z00d is offline   Reply With Quote