Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #15
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Most likely you did not blow your motor. If the timing chain is truly in need of changing then it could be a simple problem as MagnumForce said with the ecu not being to correctly start the motor.
I have been through the blown LLT issue before and I can tell you that they dont need to eat oil in order to go, however, if this is a lower end issue and not due to the timing chain it doesnt sound like it will be a simple rod bearing, but rather a complete failure in the crank.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:11 AM   #16
arkentect

Check out this page, see if your build date is within the time span
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...engine+failure
Old 03-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #17
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Your biggest issue may be how many valves did you bend if they hit the pistons as the pistons were coming up . Or worse did you damage a piston or connecting rods . If you knew the Timing chain was bad you shouldn't have tried to start the car. And you could have put it in accessory without turning it to start.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:32 PM   #18
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Have you taken it to the dealer yet? If you want Chevrolet to help, that's your first step.

They really can't tell you anything until a dealer sees it and really knows what's going on. Of course, over the phone sight unseen... nobody can really tell you much. Calling toll free numbers is a waste of time. Have the dealer look at it, and call their Chevy rep.

Unless you're really experienced in DOHC direct injection heavy engine work, I'd stay away from that as a DIY project. Maybe swap in a whole salvage yard motor as a DIY project. Exact replacement motor. A V8 swap would get beyond complicated and expensive.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:06 PM   #19
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Have you had this to the shop? Time to call a great indy shop and see if they can sort it out for sure.
We have a pretty awesome shop that is somewhat local to me so going to give them a shout when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Get an expert view for a few $ :-)
lol I want info on a LS swap then I can make lemonade out of this situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
It probably did not eat the oil that fast, more than likely the cams are out of position now and the ECU can't correctly idle the engine within its parameters. My car ran very bad when the throttle body went, sounded like everything broke but it didn't.

If you are really concerned, check the oil with the dipstick and look at the oil filter.
This made me feel much better. I will check it in a bit (just got home from having X-rays done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Bluetooth speaker and you phone will solve that lol . The Beats pill is a good 1
LOL those are super loud. Ps Im seriously considering a LQ9 swap so I will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Most likely you did not blow your motor. If the timing chain is truly in need of changing then it could be a simple problem as MagnumForce said with the ecu not being to correctly start the motor.
I have been through the blown LLT issue before and I can tell you that they dont need to eat oil in order to go, however, if this is a lower end issue and not due to the timing chain it doesnt sound like it will be a simple rod bearing, but rather a complete failure in the crank.
Fingers crossed man...would give me more time to save for my other priorities but if its blown, I need to figure out a solution asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Your biggest issue may be how many valves did you bend if they hit the pistons as the pistons were coming up . Or worse did you damage a piston or connecting rods . If you knew the Timing chain was bad you shouldn't have tried to start the car. And you could have put it in accessory without turning it to start.
Honestly, I knew the chains were bad, but for some dumb reason, I figured the car would be okay. I just wanted to move it in the morning when normally I would be driving it to pick up the chains. But it clearly bit me in the ass.
Hoping nothing got bent. It just sounded like it was firing out of wack when I first started it that morning.
The motor not wanting to start in the evening is what has me going uh-oh
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/MYrmq2 Posted by TJ91[/url] Hey guys so for those who read my timing chain thread,
I went to move my car into the garage this morning as I just ordered the chain kit and the motor was hestitating to start..but as you know our ignition, once you turn the key it turns the motor over itself. So it turns as it sounds as if it has low battery voltage, it starts and the motor sounded awful and I shut i off quickly. Sounded like the cylinders were all firing out of wack.
All day I was freaking out at work
Got home just now attempted to restart it and the motor wont start.

So guessing my motor is blown?
Hello TJ91,

I regret to hear about this motor concern and the negative experience you say you?ve had with our vehicles. I certainly understand how multiple trips to the dealership can be frustrating, and I assure you that this is not the impression we want to have on our loyal GM customers.

If you?d like me to investigate your motor issue further on my end, please send me a private message with your full contact info, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership name.

All the best,

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #21
TJ91

I was hoping you would respond. I truly appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I will head home from the office, clear my inbox and send you a PM.

Thanks again
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 03-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #22
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello TJ91,

I regret to hear about this motor concern and the negative experience you say you?ve had with our vehicles. I certainly understand how multiple trips to the dealership can be frustrating, and I assure you that this is not the impression we want to have on our loyal GM customers.

If you?d like me to investigate your motor issue further on my end, please send me a private message with your full contact info, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership name.

All the best,

Corey K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Is chevy doing anything to address the LLT timing chain issues? I have a 2011 LLT with 60k miles and warranty expired and I am nervous.
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #23
arkentect

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4rMach1ne View Post
Is chevy doing anything to address the LLT timing chain issues? I have a 2011 LLT with 60k miles and warranty expired and I am nervous.
From what i hear they have address it in every other model that has the LLT, except the camaro
Old 03-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #24
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
From what i hear they have address it in every other model that has the LLT, except the camaro
The unfortunate truth
Old 03-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #25
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
The unfortunate truth
Its on a "case by case" basis.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #26
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
So what did the dealer and Chevy rep decide?

Did they diagnose your car and determine the cause of the failure?
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #27
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
Anyone know the date when they updated the chains?
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:31 AM   #28
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
So what did the dealer and Chevy rep decide?

Did they diagnose your car and determine the cause of the failure?
Havnt even had a chance to tow it to the dealer yet.

Funny when one thing goes wrong in life, gernally a million other things do as well.

Hoping to have the car towed this weekend to the dealer since I will be on vacation from work and will have time to do so. (Not what I wanted to be doing on my vacation but it is what it is).