Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #15
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wowwwwww could've done it through that? Lol jeez wish I knew
Well this thread has become quite informative so thanks Cisco and all you guys
Lets keep it going!
Share the carbon free love
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Should you do it before or after an oil change?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Before

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Putting me on the spot huh lmao! Sounds like a good idea, I will make one on tomorrow or Monday since our engine isn't really covered in any of the C5 DIY videos. I think our engine is simpler as we can spray through that side IM port. I'm do for a oil change anyway.
Yessss!

Don't you put some in the oil, and the rest through the intake? What about the brake booster? I did it through the booster on my old car. 160,000 miles, lmao I've still never seen so much smoke...
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Before
Cool, I'm do for an oil change so guess I'll have to do this too, went 11k without out before the catch can.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #20
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Like "lscamaro" said before as you may want to do the Seafoam in the engine oil also for a full cleaning. But be clear that ALL the steps isn't needed, it's just depends how much of a deep clean you want. Or how comfortable you are doing it. The easiest steps are the full bottle in the gas tank and the spray in the IM. The booster line and oil seafoam step is good but not a must.

Also if you own a NOS kit or a Meth kit most likely you don't need a deep cleaning as these 2 power adders act like a cleaning agent when sprayed. It acts like the non DI V8's where the fuel passes over everything and cleans the engine off causing less build up on the V8's.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Like "lscamaro" said before as you may want to do the Seafoam in the engine oil also for a full cleaning. But be clear that ALL the steps isn't needed, it's just depends how much of a deep clean you want. Or how comfortable you are doing it. The easiest steps are the full bottle in the gas tank and the spray in the IM. The booster line and oil seafoam step is good but not a must.

Also if you own a NOS kit or a Meth kit most likely you don't need a deep cleaning as these 2 power adders act like a cleaning agent when sprayed. It acts like the non DI V8's where the fuel passes over everything and cleans the engine off causing less build up on the V8's.
Now that's a GREAT excuse for someone to get a nos or meth kit

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Yes it is a solid reason to get a N2O kit!
But heard brake booster only feeds half the motor for the LLT?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #23
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Yes, it will disperse it more to 3,-6,as the through the throttle body does mostly 1-4. In other words, it would be best to do it from both ends.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
So if the brake booster only cleans half, how do I clean the other half?

What exactly will seafoam in the gas tank, oil, and sprayed into the throttle body do for me? And after putting it in the oil how quickly do I need to change my oil?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
http://www.lt1engines.com/tech/how-t...arbon-buildup/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=seafoam
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Also these are the same steps I used to seafoam my engine. But I altered it a little as our TB doesn't open up with the engine off since it electronic. I haven't tried it with the car in just the accessory on position. But I have done this...instead of pouring the seafoam in the booster first I did the IM spray part first. I also did it with the engine running in the IM side port. The engine will surge like it will when you pour in the booster hose so don't freak out. It will also smoke if it's real dirty. Then you can do the boost hose part and let the engine sit.

Disclaimer (you can remove the TB and spray into the IM directly if you like. Or you can also push open the TB blade with you fingers and spray in the IM if you want to follow the steps listed in the links.) I just prefer doing it my way as it involves not taking the TB or the intake off.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #27
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
With the proper catchcan you wont have the buildup, but seafoam (or similar) will loosen much of the deposits and they are expelled out the exhaust. The problem with using it to often (I would install a can , do a cleaning, and then not agin unless the deposits return....) is every time you use it, some of the hard deposits get pushed between the piston and cylinder wall and it causes scouring on the skirts, etc. Minor scoure marks are not a big deal, but eventually it will get to the point the rings are not sealing as well and then the damage is done. I would only do one after a can, and maybe 50k miles later (or the km equivilant).

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #28
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Yes it would be nice if someone could do a LLT 3.6 specific Seafoam Proper way to Treat the motor with the right steps etc...
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote