Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Bootlegers 28 and tail of the dragon highly recomended. Tail of the dragon is tight 318 corners in 11 miles. Both located at the tn and nc boarder prety much. Both were aweso.e on the bike the tail will be tight and a work out of the steering wheel to get through it.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #16
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
This topic should be renamed don't buy sts. too many problems point black. The only thing left from my orginal sts kit is the blow off valve and that suprisng it hasn't broken yet.
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
MyWorld

Drives: RJT 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
This topic should be renamed don't buy sts. too many problems point black. The only thing left from my orginal sts kit is the blow off valve and that suprisng it hasn't broken yet.
Your preaching to the choir here!!! Tracy is redoing the pipe connections because they keep popping under boost. Really the only thing I have left of my STS kit is the intercooler and the blow off valve.

I am so happy to be getting this new setup that's going to rock!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
MyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
MyWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
Bootlegers 28 and tail of the dragon highly recomended. Tail of the dragon is tight 318 corners in 11 miles. Both located at the tn and nc boarder prety much. Both were aweso.e on the bike the tail will be tight and a work out of the steering wheel to get through it.
That was where I was wanting to head! I saw a vid of an older guy in his convertible following his son who was on a bike, and it looked like a blast. There is nothing like that anywhere near Chicago. Thanks for the names, I can google it much easier now

Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #19
MyWorld

It's still about two weeks away, but I'm so excited to about the trip home:

Day 1 - Sat, March 30 - Fly from Ohare to Sarasota
Pick up car @ RX Performace ... woo hoo!
Drive to Ft Myers Beach to visit family

Day 2 - Sun, March 31 - Spend Easter with family
Drive to Augustana, GA

Day 3 - Mon, April 1st - Stop at MGW first thing in the morning, and get a shifter
installed (free installation)
Drive up US 129 North through Deals Gap

Day 4 - Tue, April 2nd - Drive the rest of the way home

Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
It's still about two weeks away, but I'm so excited to about the trip home:

Day 1 - Sat, March 30 - Fly from Ohare to Sarasota
Pick up car @ RX Performace ... woo hoo!
Drive to Ft Myers Beach to visit family

Day 2 - Sun, March 31 - Spend Easter with family
Drive to Augustana, GA

Day 3 - Mon, April 1st - Stop at MGW first thing in the morning, and get a shifter
installed (free installation)
Drive up US 129 North through Deals Gap

Day 4 - Tue, April 2nd - Drive the rest of the way home

Add to that the charahala hwy or skyway (certainly spelled wrong) and the devils triangle in tn. 28 coming north form south carolina is nice as well I hear. Everything is great down there and with those new turbo mods you shouldnt have trouble running if you hear bango music.

Be very cautious on the tail. Big tickets if you get caught crossing the center line. Also be prepaired for on coming trafic to be on your side of the line.

One of the photo companys got me on the wrong side. Caught on camara

Look forward to seeing the car at hooters if you make it up and I make it down. If we cross paths there I will tell you my story of my trip to deals gap and an epic journey on the charahala.

Last edited by Macrackie; 03-19-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #21
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
How far is RX from the airport?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #22
MyWorld

It is really close, about 10 miles. If your feeling adventurous, you can even take a bus from the airport straight north, and either walk or take a cab the last mile.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #23
MyWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
Add to that the charahala hwy or skyway (certainly spelled wrong) and the devils triangle in tn. 28 coming north form south carolina is nice as well I hear. Everything is great down there and with those new turbo mods you shouldnt have trouble running if you hear bango music.

Be very cautious on the tail. Big tickets if you get caught crossing the center line. Also be prepaired for on coming trafic to be on your side of the line.

One of the photo companys got me on the wrong side. Caught on camara

Look forward to seeing the car at hooters if you make it up and I make it down. If we cross paths there I will tell you my story of my trip to deals gap and an epic journey on the charahala.
Yep, will definitely be at hooters and look forward to hearing about your journey there.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #24
MyWorld

T-minus 7 days till I pick up my car at RX performance

Old 03-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #25
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
let me know if you see my car there. I haven't heard anything, I'm assuming its on its way across the atlantic
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
MyWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
let me know if you see my car there. I haven't heard anything, I'm assuming its on its way across the atlantic
Nope, it's parked right next to mine
Old 03-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
Yep, I'm going to make a three day trip out of it and head a little further east than I need to before heading northwest.

I want to check out the southern Appalachian roads in eastern Tennessee/Kentucky on the way back.

Some specifics on the roads so you don't miss some of the best-

A few friends and I used to take our bikes down there for long wkends and rent a cabin. We'd run the Gap til I'd get motion sickness (it is alot like a rollercoaster) and nearly throw up into my helmet... good times!

Anyway you can make a loop (if you have time) and see some of the most magnificent scenery in the country (and drive on some really kick-a$$ roads).

You'll need to come north across the N.Carolina/Tenn border on Highway 129 (Deals Gap aka Tail of the Dragon). Route 28 mentioned in some earlier posts intersects with 129 just south of the Gap and would be a good warm-up for its 318 curves in 11miles.

At the end of the Gap you'll see a fairly wide pull-off on both sides of the road where there is a scenic overlook on the lefthand side. There's nearly always a few bikes and cars pulled over to catch their breath and ratchet up their courage before assaulting the Gap once more.

If you have to continue north (due to time) the road will then drop down a hill to a big lake (Chihowee Lake). Turn right and in a few miles you'll see the Foothills Parkway- beautiful road with some seriously high speed sweepers that will tempt your throttle foot to go deeper and deeper! Great fun!

Or if you have time and just gotta drive the Tail once more (highly recommended), turn around and shoot the Gap again. This time keep going on 129 past 28, on down to Route 143 east and the Cherohaha Skyway.

It will begin in about 12miles and continue for 40 more. It cost $100 million to build and is worth every penny. It's a wide 2-lane road with elevations from 5400 ft above sea level, back down to 900. It may be the best scenery you've ever seen.

Have a great drive and remember to keep the shiny side up!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
MyWorld

I'm thinking about finding some place to stay Monday night near Deals gap, and doing the entire ride home Tuesday.

I think it'd be with it.