Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
ttanman23

Drives: 2017 A8 Arctic Blue 2SS
ProClip dimensions?

Can any proclip users tell me the dimensions of the mount? I am looking for dimensions of just the mount, not the separate phone holder. I would like to make my own holder out of magnets but checking how much would fit.

For the console mount, I am mainly looking for the width where the screw holes are.
I am also curious about the dash mount dimensions, but not entirely sure I would like my phone being that close to my hand.

Links for reference:
Console mount: https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount
Dash mount: https://www.proclipusa.com/product/p...ter-dash-mount

Thanks
ttanman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
I have the console mount. The horizontal dimension is 1 15/16". The vertical dimension at the point in which it becomes flat after the curve is 3 1/4" to the top.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
ttanman23

Drives: 2017 A8 Arctic Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
I have the console mount. The horizontal dimension is 1 15/16". The vertical dimension at the point in which it becomes flat after the curve is 3 1/4" to the top.
Thank you! Exactly what I needed
ttanman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #4
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
I have had two ProClips in the past in my 5th gen and CTS-V. It was perfect in the 5th gen, but the V it stuck into the passenger side too much.

How is button access with the console mount?
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
I have had two ProClips in the past in my 5th gen and CTS-V. It was perfect in the 5th gen, but the V it stuck into the passenger side too much.

How is button access with the console mount?
It’s fine as far as I’m concerned, but I don’t mess with the phone much once it’s in the mount as I have the USB connection. Most everything I need is in CarPlay. If you want to do more button pushing I think the higher dash mount would be better.

I posted a fairly lengthy review.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534116
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #6
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
It’s fine as far as I’m concerned, but I don’t mess with the phone much once it’s in the mount as I have the USB connection. Most everything I need is in CarPlay. If you want to do more button pushing I think the higher dash mount would be better.

I posted a fairly lengthy review.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534116
I have this one as well. The only issue I had was it would loose connection, but ProClip sent me out another cord for my iPhone7 where the cord is connected to the block that screws to the cradle. Seems to have eliminated my issue with connection.
I like it though, It looks clean and out of the way and I can get to it if needed. I have the cord tucked up under the passenger side of the console but I'd like to drill a hole in the console jut large enough to get the connector through from underneath to keep all concealed. but being ProClip sent a black cord it's hardly noticeable. My white Apple cord I covered with Flextec so it was black for concealment.

ProClip make great stuff and I've had it in previous cars since 2003 to present.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #7
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
I have the dash mount and the plate is 3"W x 2"H. I added an extension plate (made it 2.5" wider) to move it to the right to better clear the turn-signal stalk, and made my own cradle for the phone.