Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Gen5DIY

Old 04-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #995
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
The hood alone is one of the best improvements on this refresh, and that is what this is, a refresh. Any and all refresh of vehicles are met with a measure of negativity, I never liked the 2011 Charger and still have a hard time with the 2015 Charger models, but somehow it is growing on me. BTW, I only have a Charger because of work, but I am a true Camaro guy. Always will be. I took a third look at the photos of the 2019 Camaro SS refresh and while, initially, it does look somewhat weird, I would still buy it. I am a performance minded type of guy and looks or aesthetics never really mattered to me, so long it can "turn and burn", or "whoa and go". You performance guys know what I mean.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #996
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Nope.

This is the same stupid logic that the 5th Gen Pre-Fresh owners said about the 2014's..it wasn't true then..

And it's not true now.

But by all means, if it helps you sleep better, believe what you will.
WOW..........I'm sure glad I don't have to live next door to someone like this. Calling someone stupid for a simple comment is well........STUPID!!!! Man I hate it when I sink to such a low level. It's crap like the above comments that keep people with ideas, questions or thoughts (good or bad) from posting. Maybe next time......."hey dude probably not"
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #997
RobC2

Drives: 2018 Charger Hellcat
Usually these updates take a little time to grow on me. I am not sure this one will though. It does look a little better than when I first saw it, but the front is just unbalanced and unattractive. I don't think time is going to change that. I may be in for one of the last ZL1s of this generation since they are not changing the front and the rear looks okay. I know it is going to be a while, but I would really love to see where they go with the next generation after this.
RobC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #998
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
The 5th gen when it launched was like driving a concept car on the road.

I'd like to see Chevrolet do that again with the 7th gen.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #999
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

That's a great way to describe how they originally knocked it out of the park.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #1000
BuckeyeROC

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 & 2013 Super Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

But driving the refresh will be like driving a real Transformer!
BuckeyeROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #1001
IOMike

Drives: Couple of old Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wow ! That close up doesnt help. I feel really bad for hating this design. Its a shame.
Glad the ZL1 is staying the same.

Edit: that's going to be a mother to clean too, and i bet the paint doesnt hold up on those sharp points and angles on the fingers. Probably snag your wash mitt on it too.

Styling is so subjective. I still cringe when I see a ZL1 on the road, I just don't like it one bit. I'll save y'all the details, but I dislike it for the same general reasons I dislike the new SS front it's unnecessarly over the top and unattractive.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 PM   #1002
hotlap

Drives: 18 Hot Wheels 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I would never ask them to give me inside info, so what I say next is my POV, without any discussions with anyone I know at GM.

Can they make changes? They could probably make a decision to offer body color on the black bar. Quite frankly, with the fingers where they are, I doubt it would look better and probably would look worse.

I seriously doubt anything can or will be done to remove / relocate the flow tie. I’m pretty sure it is where it is to optimize additional airflow and/or cooling underhood. Depending on what the manufacturing process is for the bumper bar, removing the flowtie could be non-trivial. It’s one thing to remove a tool from a die. Completely different to re-engineer a mold.
Never noticed until now but the bow tie is in that location on a lot of product so I think its about design language more than function. It has to make a miniscule difference in air flow.

I've acclimated to the SS completely and have not problem with the flow tie. I daily drive my 16 SS blade spoiler so ...if Chevy offered to swap me into a 19 I'll gladly be rolling advertisement for them. So folks and be exposed to it.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #1003
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by man0steel View Post
WOW..........I'm sure glad I don't have to live next door to someone like this. Calling someone stupid for a simple comment is well........STUPID!!!! Man I hate it when I sink to such a low level. It's crap like the above comments that keep people with ideas, questions or thoughts (good or bad) from posting. Maybe next time......."hey dude probably not"
I didn't call YOU stupid, I called the logic stupid. It's stupid logic because it's been shown to not be the case time and time again. A person can be smart but exercise stupid logic to arrive at a conclusion..this is one of those times.

If you want to take it personal, that's fine, go ahead..but that's on you, not me.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #1004
shaffe

Drives: 2018 Mazda6
The flowtie can't be that critical for airflow. As others have stated, for the unfortunate people that will have to have front plates on the car, thats going to block airlfow you cant tell me the flowtie makes that much of a difference
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #1005
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #1006
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy

This refresh would sell like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #1007
GearheadSS

Drives: 15 1LE/16 1LT/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
It has been broke for 3 yrs... Sales never saw a pick up when the gen6 came out and now have pretty much tanked compared to competition. Btw Mustang seems in the same sinking boat after the latest refresh. GM had to do something different as doing more of the same never leads to better results. So they changed the overall look of the car completely. Styling is subjective and only sales numbers will prove if their refresh choices were correct or not. Personally i see a lot of retro split bumper cues on the SS grille and dont mind it at all. But it is a very different look thats for sure.

NB theyve raised the height of the front splitter. A lot.
So this also contributes to a very different look. Less aggressive imo but easier on the curbs. Thats proly why they went with an extractor hood to increase front downforce and why they added Vette like rubber dams below the splitter...
I wouldn't say they've tanked. One thing hurting Camaro is that GM just hasn't put any good incentives on these cars in like 2 years. Look how much more expensive the 6th gen is over a 5th gen from 8 years ago. It just costs a lot more to get into a Camaro now than it did with the 5th gen. The Challenger is on a platform that dates back to the Model A Ford so they can afford to throw big incentives at that car. That's a big reason that its sales have increased.
Our Current Camaro and Corvette Inventory
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #1008
CamaroSue

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2010 SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Since they wanted different front fascias, they should have gone the C6 Grand Sport/Z06 route. Given the SS more of a ZL1 look. Wouldn't have the supercharged engine, but also wouldn't have the supercharged price. I don't know many people that don't like the look of the current ZL1. I think that would be a big seller while waiting for the 7th gen to come out. That's what I would have done - but nobody asked me to be in charge of the refresh.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, wtf?!?!