Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #29
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post
actually it's 30 horses, not 455.
You lost me.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:50 PM   #30
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
You lost me.
1 actual horse provides about 15 horsepower. Horsepower is not so literal that 1 hp = 1 horse, it's about how much energy can be exerted in a short amount of time. The specifics of how horsepower came about is somewhat interesting and worth a quick google search.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:45 PM   #31
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
So one horsepower is defined as lifting 550 lbs one foot in 1 second. At least that's one calculation I saw. Another was the amount of work for a horse to pull 150 lbs out of a 220 foot deep hole. or 745.7 watts. So a 6th gen 6.2 liter is a 339Kw car?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:23 PM   #32
Need4Camaro

Hah. Learn something new everyday… I prefer my older interpretation though :( … now my SS feels weaker.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:11 PM   #33
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
. . it taunts other drivers.
^This. You can't believe how often people race me when the light turns green. All kinds of cars, with drivers of all ages, male and female. Of course, they win every time, as I mosey on, happy to have enough hp/torque to not have to prove it to anyone.

It reminds me of when my daughter was in karate, on her way to second-degree junior black belt. Her teacher looked out on the playground one day to see many students of her class engaged in their idea of "karate," except for my daughter, the only one in the class that was a martial artist.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:29 PM   #34
Need4Camaro

My Z28 gets challenged more than my SS… but I do fear the day that some idiot takes off right beside me and a cop sees it and assumes we were both engaged…
Old 08-07-2022, 07:32 PM   #35
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Some old guy in a base model Altima was taunting me today, had to blow his doors off....

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:41 PM   #36
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
My Z28 gets challenged more than my SS… but I do fear the day that some idiot takes off right beside me and a cop sees it and assumes we were both engaged…
A year or so ago I pulled up to a stop sign next to a hot rod Mustang. Two lane one way street and cross traffic didn’t have to stop. He’s definitely running a cam and doing some revving. In my rear view I see a local cop pull up behind me. I tell my son ‘watch this.’ The cross traffic clears and Mr. Mustang lays two wide strips of rubber(and sounds great doing it). I proceed slowly and watch. Local PD pulls him over right in front of the gym where I’m taking my son for his basketball game. After the game the Mustang was still there. No driver.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:39 PM   #37
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
Nope, not really. Too busy avoiding idiot drivers than driving like one of them.
Found the old guy^^
Old 08-07-2022, 11:09 PM   #38
Need4Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
A year or so ago I pulled up to a stop sign next to a hot rod Mustang. Two lane one way street and cross traffic didn’t have to stop. He’s definitely running a cam and doing some revving. In my rear view I see a local cop pull up behind me. I tell my son ‘watch this.’ The cross traffic clears and Mr. Mustang lays two wide strips of rubber(and sounds great doing it). I proceed slowly and watch. Local PD pulls him over right in front of the gym where I’m taking my son for his basketball game. After the game the Mustang was still there. No driver.
Yeah. That’s what I would do too. It’s funny to sink in all this money but can’t really use the power legally but I don’t want to lose my license or my car being an idiot. Thing is, my Z28 is cammed so even at idle it can still sound like I was intending to go at it, and the stigma of the car overall.

FWIW I was recently pulled over for doing 15 over (the city dropped the speed limit on the road from 45 to 30 and I was used to it being a 45 and wasn’t paying attention to it). Cop asked me if I had an emergency. I was just upfront and told her I wasn’t paying attention. Cop gave me warning… so I guess it’s not too terrible.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:32 AM   #39
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. That’s what I would do too. It’s funny to sink in all this money but can’t really use the power legally but I don’t want to lose my license or my car being an idiot. Thing is, my Z28 is cammed so even at idle it can still sound like I was intending to go at it, and the stigma of the car overall.

FWIW I was recently pulled over for doing 15 over (the city dropped the speed limit on the road from 45 to 30 and I was used to it being a 45 and wasn’t paying attention to it). Cop asked me if I had an emergency. I was just upfront and told her I wasn’t paying attention. Cop gave me warning… so I guess it’s not too terrible.
Oddly enough I have been cut more slack in my 2016 SS and my 2018 SS than any of my previous cars. In six years I have had two warnings that could have been 15+ over tickets and one super speeder infraction that the trooper knocked down to a no points 9 over infraction.

Only one straight up, ‘here’s your ticket loser’ incident. Both cops who gave me warnings complemented me on my car.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:59 AM   #40
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Found the old guy^^
Actually, you found the guy that once received enough speeding ticket points to have driver license revoked (well, just 1 point shy of that, thankfully). Also, whose long-time insurance company cancelled coverage, with a state-sponsored high-risk motorist pool being the only source of insurance coverage available. The cost of that was about 4 times higher than my previous coverage. That overall debacle was part of a maturing process that fortunately caused no physical harm to innocent parties, unlike many of the crashes we witness as commonplace today.

Moral of the story? Bold and smart drivers jam out on closed courses or tracks, with appropriate personal safety gear and prepped cars. Bold and stupid drivers just do whatever they want on the street, with no concern for anything but their whim or cell phone. The latter are everywhere, and I know that you see it, no matter where you are.

Stay safe while enjoying your 6g!

Last edited by LT1gen6; 08-10-2022 at 08:10 AM.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:23 AM   #41
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
^This. You can't believe how often people race me when the light turns green. All kinds of cars, with drivers of all ages, male and female. Of course, they win every time, as I mosey on, happy to have enough hp/torque to not have to prove it to anyone.
This seems to happen to me all the time too. It's kind of strange to me that my car appears to bring the racer out in everyone. Of course I'm usually in sport mode listening to the exhaust burble and crack when I decelerate, so I tend to get the attention of the cars around me.
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
2003 Nissan 350Z (modified)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:41 AM   #42
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
This seems to happen to me all the time too. It's kind of strange to me that my car appears to bring the racer out in everyone. Of course I'm usually in sport mode listening to the exhaust burble and crack when I decelerate, so I tend to get the attention of the cars around me.
See that's why you need to have the upgrades I have along with the tune and stock axle-back.

Incognito mode for me: I don't get purples or crackles at any RPM.

Just smooth sailing exhaust

But honestly I don't get a lot of people wanting to race me. Few and far between. Last person I did a short pull with was a challenger wide body. He didn't win but short pull was that we both had to slam on our brakes to make the turn coming up. I'm sure the people behind us enjoyed the show though lol

Otherwise I haven't had a street race in a while.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote