Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 05-04-2017, 04:41 AM   #29
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
A8 is not hard to do the burnout with. Turn T/C off, push shift lever over to the left to keep it from shifting, foot on brake, and smoke them.
Yea, I do that but always end up pulling sideeays
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:49 AM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
What's wrong with a button on a wire in the console you can take out when racing? A coiled wire worked for me in the past. I wouldn't mind a line lock, I just dont want to mess with the brake lines again.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #31
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
What's wrong with a button on a wire in the console you can take out when racing? A coiled wire worked for me in the past. I wouldn't mind a line lock, I just dont want to mess with the brake lines again.
I prefer a toggle. Just so I don't have to hold a button while doing my burnout. Just preference. I've decided on a toggle in the center console, then I'll use the cigarette lighter for my clutch control.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:17 AM   #32
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
I have some lights in my heat extractor in the hood hooked to a wireless transmitter setup, that is paired to my homelink buttons. I wonder if this would be a viable option. Link to the transmitter, if love to use this if it would work for a line lock.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LM...22L&ref=plSrch

I know some use it as an over ride for npp, so they can force a quiet start up, or change to loud without going through the drive modes

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:00 AM   #33
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
I prefer a toggle. Just so I don't have to hold a button while doing my burnout. Just preference. I've decided on a toggle in the center console, then I'll use the cigarette lighter for my clutch control.
I see, but as I remember I tapped the button with the brakes on to lock and tapped the brake to let it go. I don't think I had to hold it. It is a fuzzy memory though.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:21 AM   #34
Cdflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I see, but as I remember I tapped the button with the brakes on to lock and tapped the brake to let it go. I don't think I had to hold it. It is a fuzzy memory though.
Some switches will do that. All the ones on a coiled wire I have seen have been momentary though. I just put it on a 15amp toggle in the console. It's out of sight and not too difficult to switch. Plus I'll close the console before I Stage the car. It was a bit difficult drilling the hole in the console though. I hate the idea of doing it on an 11,000 mile car. Lol
Old 05-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #35
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
Some switches will do that. All the ones on a coiled wire I have seen have been momentary though. I just put it on a 15amp toggle in the console. It's out of sight and not too difficult to switch. Plus I'll close the console before I Stage the car. It was a bit difficult drilling the hole in the console though. I hate the idea of doing it on an 11,000 mile car. Lol
I'd love to see some pics of your set up. I think I'd probably mount a toggle switch somewhere on the drivers side, lower dash area...maybe below where I have my ALP touch pad. What do you guys think? I'm trying to avoid drilling any holes as well. Maybe some 3M tape would work.

ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #36
Cdflyer

I ended up putting mine in the console. It works relatively well. The hardest thing to get used to is closing the console after the burnout.