#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2022, 06:47 AM   #57
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1rob View Post
. So yes, an oil change will be $230.00 plus 12% tax, not including the $33.00 they raped me for, to buy a PF64 filter.
That is truly rape You could get that filter for $3.60 online.
I paid 10 at local store and questioned my decision.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:44 AM   #58
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Hard to believe all these minuscule changes in the formulation of the same oil would even matter when one changes their oil every 3-5k miles... the only understandable reason to prefer Mobil 1 is the warranty IMO.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:21 AM   #59
F1rob

Drives: 20 ZL1 Conv, 69 Pace Car, 69 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
That is truly rape You could get that filter for $3.60 online.
I paid 10 at local store and questioned my decision.
Yes, i know these are a lot cheaper in the U.S., but shipping to Canada would then nullify the cheaper price.

Good for you guys, bad for us up North! Not to mention, we pay $9.85/gallon for premium on the West Coast!!!!!

Rob
F1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:28 AM   #60
F1rob

Drives: 20 ZL1 Conv, 69 Pace Car, 69 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Hard to believe all these minuscule changes in the formulation of the same oil would even matter when one changes their oil every 3-5k miles... the only understandable reason to prefer Mobil 1 is the warranty IMO.
You are right! The whole motivation right now is to maintain the warranty - GM spec'd(and ideally supplied) lubricant, and ACDelco filter.

Our previous Ford Explorer had a motor issue - an engine knock that occurred from about 30 seconds after start-up, until about 3 mins into the warm-up cycle. I battled with the dealer that this was not right, until they finally pulled the motor and found an incorrectly installed wrist pin on rod #6 that was seized. The cockroach service manager gave me a hard time, and wanted to deny the claim, since it had a Fram filter on it. It was only after one of his tech's "accidentally" told me this was not a related issue, did he back down. In the end, they replaced the short-block under warranty.

Since then, use the factory stuff, and then once the warranty is expired, i will be less concerned about buying their over-priced stuff.

Rob
F1rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:07 AM   #61
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
You are right! The whole motivation right now is to maintain the warranty - GM spec'd(and ideally supplied) lubricant, and ACDelco filter.

Our previous Ford Explorer had a motor issue - an engine knock that occurred from about 30 seconds after start-up, until about 3 mins into the warm-up cycle. I battled with the dealer that this was not right, until they finally pulled the motor and found an incorrectly installed wrist pin on rod #6 that was seized. The cockroach service manager gave me a hard time, and wanted to deny the claim, since it had a Fram filter on it. It was only after one of his tech's "accidentally" told me this was not a related issue, did he back down. In the end, they replaced the short-block under warranty.

Since then, use the factory stuff, and then once the warranty is expired, i will be less concerned about buying their over-priced stuff.

Rob
Ford sucks period on customer service or trying every step to get out of honoring their warranties. Unfortunately with the times they aren’t the only ones and things are getting worse in that regard. After my battles with them over my previous GT350s, some weirdness with past F-150s and being a fleet manager dealing with shitty Fusions I’m done with that company.

The thing I never can figure out though is why a dealership service manager would deny guaranteed paid warranty work. The only things I can think of is that their shop is either overworked or they get kickbacks from Ford to keep warranty work down. Especially big jobs like this.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:18 AM   #62
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Ford sucks period on customer service or trying every step to get out of honoring their warranties. Unfortunately with the times they aren’t the only ones and things are getting worse in that regard. After my battles with them over my previous GT350s, some weirdness with past F-150s and being a fleet manager dealing with shitty Fusions I’m done with that company.

The thing I never can figure out though is why a dealership service manager would deny guaranteed paid warranty work. The only things I can think of is that their shop is either overworked or they get kickbacks from Ford to keep warranty work down. Especially big jobs like this.
Warranty repairs are paid by the factory, not the dealership. Factory requires validation that it falls under the terms.

Additionally, warranty repairs are often flat-fee with little margin for the dealership. They make far more money by charging you for all parts and all labor against their margins.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:23 AM   #63
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Warranty repairs are paid by the factory, not the dealership. Factory requires validation that it falls under the terms.

Additionally, warranty repairs are often flat-fee with little margin for the dealership. They make far more money by charging you for all parts and all labor against their margins.
I know all of this and I still know dealerships usually love warranty work as it is a guaranteed revenue stream. Something else is up for a service manager(s) to work this hard and be willing to create some serious negative attention for their dealership/brand. Especially on a case where it is clearly a job that falls under the manufacturer warranty.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:29 AM   #64
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I know all of this and I still know dealerships usually love warranty work as it is a guaranteed revenue stream. Something else is up for a service manager(s) to work this hard and be willing to create some serious negative attention for their dealership/brand. Especially on a case where it is clearly a job that falls under the manufacturer warranty.
It depends on the warranty job. Very involved things are much more lucrative for the dealership because they can recommend all kinds of "while we have it apart" items. They have to be a little more careful about doing that along with warranty jobs because the factory doesn't always want them working on "other" items against what they are paying for labor time.

There's a LOT of variables that go into the whole process and there's no way to provide any kind of broad stroked answer for this sort of thing. In the end, some dealerships just suck.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:33 AM   #65
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It depends on the warranty job. Very involved things are much more lucrative for the dealership because they can recommend all kinds of "while we have it apart" items. They have to be a little more careful about doing that along with warranty jobs because the factory doesn't always want them working on "other" items against what they are paying for labor time.

There's a LOT of variables that go into the whole process and there's no way to provide any kind of broad stroked answer for this sort of thing. In the end, some dealerships just suck.
Gotcha, definitely agreed with the last sentence.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:51 AM   #66
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
More expensive but I'm gonna switch to this! Ash % sameas esp. Looks to have better wear additives.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:52 AM   #67
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
we pay $9.85/gallon for premium on the West Coast!!!!!
:face palm:

$4.29 Detroit Area Costco Gas

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:58 AM   #68
minn19

What are peoples thoughts on Redline? I used there gear oil and MT transmission oil in my 19 ZLE and really liked how the MT shifting/transmission felt afterwards. I’ve never used there engine oil though.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:02 PM   #69
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL-1 1LE
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I'm running Amsoil Signature
+1
Old 03-31-2022, 05:27 PM   #70
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
+1
Look up ASH percentage (low saps) of Amsoil it's 1.2 or higher.. then do a search about ash% and DI motors and you will see why a low or mid ash oil from .0 to .8 is important and why not to use 1.0 and greater in a DI car. A lot people think the ash % just has an affect on emmision parts which is true bit it also effects DI intake valves.

Amsoil is great best wear protection, best TBN of like 13 if I recall for longer intervals but it's ash/ saps are to high.

You are never going to exceed what mobil 1 esp can protect against and your never going to go double the oil change life recommended intervals!!!!!

Why screw with a high sap/ash oil?

You can Cleary see the amsoil email states it's greater than 1.0 it does meet dexos 2 in 99% of dexos certifications but 1 (low saps ash %) and its not on the list.

If any one should run Amsoil it it's me!
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote