Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #15
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Was Delphi separated from GM back then? But yes, Ferrari used it by license.

I left out the point about Cadillac and Ferrari, which was MRC was and is for both luxury and performance driving.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #16
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
Also depends on your roads. The roads here are pretty good so I opted to go without MRC and I don't have any issues. I find the standard suspension to already be softer than my previous car so.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #17
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Don't think they were.. I don't honestly remember when the "divorce" happened. I do remember the "shots fired" Caddy commercial calling out Ferrari on it though.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #18
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Then why is it going to be standard on the 1LE? I don't think that's true.
because its a piece of luxury that can perform as well, allowing the transition from track to tour with the simple press of a button.

but trust me, there will be better suspension sets that will be able to out-perform the MRC, only down side to that is that you will be stuck with a stiff track-purpoused set up that cant be softened by the press of a button, like the MRC. The 1LE is supposed to be a track-ready street car, so having MRC be standard for it makes sense. but for a full on track monster like the Z28, I predict either an improved MRC system (doubt it) or a static good ol fashioned stiff suspension.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #19
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
I the stock SS suspension is amazing without it. as many have mentioned, MRC is more of a comfort feature than performance, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Motor Trend liked the standard SS supension over the MRC. Drive both before making your decision..

I was in exactly the same position. Found a car that had everything I wanted except the MRC. Not one to endure the wait I went ahead. I'm very pleased with the stock suspension...I like the Constant predictability of it. Not really one for the soft ride option. As others have said, go drive a few and make your move.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #20
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Ordering a new Camaro is not a quick proposition.
I have a super price on my ordered car but have been waiting for 5 weeks for the dealer to get an alocation, which they got today. It will take 8-12 weeks before it is in my driveway.
There are no cars anywhere in the country that exactly match my specs.
Chevy is now also pumping out convertibles and the new 2.0 so the production lines are really at capacity

Now here is something to think about. The order banks for 2017s open at the end of March with production slated to begin on June 6th.
Soooo. Do I go with the ordered car or wait a few weeks and order a 2017 that I might get within 10 to 14 weeks, or more, of the expected delivery of my 2016??????

I think these are the kinds of thoughts you my also be having.

P.S. My wife has MRC on her ATS and I love the fact that I can set it to my current driving needs.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #21
brdornon

Drives: 1988 pro street and 2016 2ss
Yeah pretty much nailed some of my concerns. With ordering at this stage. I think tomorrow I'm going to head in and see what deal the will cut on the one in stock. And also see what they will do on my built car.
brdornon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #22
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Personally I would order what you want.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #23
Yankees1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - Nightfall Gray
I just ordered mine on Monday, my dealer had allocation. It was what I wanted at the price I wanted. If you want it I would say go for it. I did not want to wait for the '17's
Yankees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #24
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob13567 View Post
Really?
They did a comparison between a 2SS with MRC and an M4 with the standard suspension.

Then they said they preferred the conventional suspension on the Camaro and the adaptive dampers for the M4.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #25
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdornon View Post
Went to the car lot yesterday. They have a Camaro with everything I want every option but mrc. Should I pull the trigger on the car on the lot or order one. 6-8 weeks seems long time to wait and I'm worried about cost of repair in the future on mrc. As i plan on keeping the car for a very long time. But also worried I'll regret it if I don't get the mrc
The real question is are you a patient man?

Without knowing what you intend to do with the car and your local road conditions, it would be hard to say how useful MRC would be to you.

Realize this though.... you can always replace MRC with stock shocks.... It would be very hard to retrofit MRC later on though.

I plan on tracking and have to deal with some awful stretches of highway... fortunately GM is going with MRC for the 1LE so its an easy non-decision for me...
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #26
Lethalphoenix

Drives: 2013 SS// 2016 SS
Not for nothing but... Get what you want! Upgrading after the fact will be expensive not to mention a headache! That being said.... I drove both with and without MRC, call me crazy but I didn't really notice the difference! iMHO ... It's just another thing that can go wrong later! Having said all that, it's you're car! Get it how you want it! Just get it!!
Lethalphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #27
brdornon

Drives: 1988 pro street and 2016 2ss
Well I went in today and placed my order. Now I wait.
brdornon is offline   Reply With Quote