Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-09-2020, 12:25 AM   #1
yourmomshouse

Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
Wideband sensor install

When installed these for log file and afr gauge readout, which hole do I use on the stock headers? Are the secondary o2's behind the cats important? When going aftermarket header such as Kooks, do I have to weld a bung? What happens to the secondary o2's when going aftermarket catted headers?
yourmomshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmomshouse View Post
When installed these for log file and afr gauge readout, which hole do I use on the stock headers? Are the secondary o2's behind the cats important? When going aftermarket header such as Kooks, do I have to weld a bung? What happens to the secondary o2's when going aftermarket catted headers?
The secondary O2 sensors are there to monitor the cat performance. So, unless they are tuned out, if you remove them you will get a check engine light. You want the wideband O2 bung before the cats.

So, you can either weld in another bung into the factory piping, or add another bung to your headers before installation. I added one before getting the headers ceramic coated.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
The secondary O2 sensors are there to monitor the cat performance. So, unless they are tuned out, if you remove them you will get a check engine light. You want the wideband O2 bung before the cats.

So, you can either weld in another bung into the factory piping, or add another bung to your headers before installation. I added one before getting the headers ceramic coated.
Are there any headers that come with an extra o2 bung provision for the wide band?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #4
yourmomshouse

Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
I'm getting a remote tune on. Stock headers and cats right now.
Pray told me the wideband should go in one of the secondary bungs. I left the factory secondary o2 zip tied up out of the way. I guess this is only a stop gap.

Also, in my logs files, I'm not seeing the O2 gauges moving or registering anything at all. Is this normal?
yourmomshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:57 PM   #5
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post

Had to revive this old thread...

Where specifically would I have my muffler guy weld in a bung for wideband on my Texas Speed Performance headers/catted x pipe? I plan to do what you did: coat them after I get the bung welded on.
17MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:21 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17MaroSS View Post
Had to revive this old thread...

Where specifically would I have my muffler guy weld in a bung for wideband on my Texas Speed Performance headers/catted x pipe? I plan to do what you did: coat them after I get the bung welded on.
This is what I did.
Attached Images