Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
photorph

Drives: 19 zl1 le hopefully
New here, help with pricing. Dealers aren't willing to negotiate

Hi all, I've read every thread here about pricing. I'm looking for a 2019 or 2020 ZL1 LE in orange crush or blue or garnet red. I've contacted and went to so many dealers and it just seems like none of them are eager to sell...

Best price I have gotten so far for a ZL1 ILE is $73000 out the door. (selling price of 68,000 for a 2019 with an MSRP of 74k). I have a the GM supplier discount (but not employee pricing) and am currently in a GM lease. If I try to negotiate most dealers don't really seem interested or just outright don't reply.

Yet I'm seeing posts here about others buying theirs for low 60s for the 1LE and even in the high 50s?? How is this possible? The dealers I spoke to aren't budging, even when I'm ready to sign... they'd rather let me walk out or not reply to emails instead of budging on price.

I'm in Michigan if that helps. We have one 2019 orange crush 1LE in the state with a manual (what I want), 73k out the door is what they said and they stopped replying when I asked about doing better on price.
photorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
I wouldn't put a lot of faith into some of the "deals" you see here. Low prices can become fogged up with high fees and low trade prices.
Do a search on Auto trader then CALL the dealer and start the process. That's how I purchased mine earlier this month.
Your OTD price can be very different due to sales tax and registration fees in your state.
When I was looking, dealers were offering much better deals on 1LE cars compared to the stock ZL1. My gut tells me GM was offering the dealers some type of incentive to sell the 1LE's as there are a lot in inventory. It doesn't surprise me that dealers are holding out for higher prices since the factories are now closed. If you can wait prices might go lower in a couple of months.
Life is short, if you find the car you like in the right color with the right options and the price is decent, buy it.

If time permits, drive to the dealership with your checkbook and be ready to offer a deposit. I imagine they get hounded by tire kickers constantly and don't take things to seriously.

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 03-21-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
https://www.donohoochevrolet.com/Veh...-AL/3458589193

Here’s a ‘19 Riverside Blue. The same MSRP for the ‘20 is about $700 more. This will be one of the better dealers to work with. The current times benefit you. If none of them work with you now give it a few months. They’ll be begging for a sale here shortly.

Another good dealer.
https://www.criswellchevroletofthurm...-MD/3502797193

Last edited by 900RFWN; 03-21-2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Added info
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
https://www.donohoochevrolet.com/Veh...-AL/3458589193

Here’s a ‘19 Riverside Blue. The same MSRP for the ‘20 is about $700 more. This will be one of the better dealers to work with. The current times benefit you. If none of them work with you now give it a few months. They’ll be begging for a sale here shortly.
I purchased my SS sedan from the same dealer. They treated me very good, no games or surprises. They never strung me along or surprised me with any other fees, etc.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
I purchased my SS sedan from the same dealer. They treated me very good, no games or surprises. They never strung me along or surprised me with any other fees, etc.
I only dealt with them by phone but all the numbers they gave were clear as day and called back when they said they would. Criswell just had my color and just as clear on the pricing. I’ll deal with Donohoo if there’s a next time before these Texas dealers. It’s really not that difficult. Just don’t play games with customers.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:42 PM   #6
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Both good dealers, I was planning on getting a hyper blue new 2018 ZL1/1LE mid year last year, was about to head that way when it sold for high 58K at Don. But I got the one that was meant for me from cargurus ! Check them out and do a 200 mile radius, maybe even 500 miles !
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #7
Road Pressence

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZLE
Honestly you shouldn't have any issue finding a new 19 for around the 64k mark or 2020 for 66k but will more than likely have to purchase out of state.

I would say give Donohoo a call also i spoke with them when i was looking to buy and them seem to have a good selection and upfront prices. Theres a dealer in Austin TX that's had this Garnett red for a while and it looks to be on the cheaper side.https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5693/overview/

Right now seems like the time to buy new with 0% finance rates but if you really want a good deal you can buy slightly used also, there are several 19s out there in the high 50s. I bought my car last December for 56k with 2500 miles. Just have to keep researching, good luck you won't regret it.
Road Pressence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:33 AM   #8
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
OP, as others have stated it's really all about how comfortable you are with rolling the dice. If you wait, you risk losing the car, but perhaps think about these factors from a fellow Michiganer here: Our weather is still not ideal, shoot, coming home from work yesterday and snow flurries were in the air- no bueno for the stock GYSC3R tires with the cold temps. Also, I'm a nurse and this COVID-19 situation is most definitely going to get worse before it gets better. Economy is getting worse because of said COVID issues which should bring about lower interest rates as well as the fact that people will not be spending money on a sports car in this climate when work is shutting down like it is for most non-healthcare industries. I say you let that dealership sit on that car and eat the costs to keep it there. They'll be giving you a ring in a few months more willing to play ball I guarantee it. I can't remember exactly what my out the door price was but I wanna say it was around $73K with multiple options (ordered my 2020), GM supplier discount, and a negotiated $1k off.
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:50 AM   #9
Xeno13

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE / Nightfall Grey
Wait a few weeks and they will beg to make a deal - the economy sucks now and they will need all the help they can get
Xeno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:41 AM   #10
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
Hi all, I've read every thread here about pricing. I'm looking for a 2019 or 2020 ZL1 LE in orange crush or blue or garnet red. I've contacted and went to so many dealers and it just seems like none of them are eager to sell...

Best price I have gotten so far for a ZL1 ILE is $73000 out the door. (selling price of 68,000 for a 2019 with an MSRP of 74k). I have a the GM supplier discount (but not employee pricing) and am currently in a GM lease. If I try to negotiate most dealers don't really seem interested or just outright don't reply.

Yet I'm seeing posts here about others buying theirs for low 60s for the 1LE and even in the high 50s?? How is this possible? The dealers I spoke to aren't budging, even when I'm ready to sign... they'd rather let me walk out or not reply to emails instead of budging on price.

I'm in Michigan if that helps. We have one 2019 orange crush 1LE in the state with a manual (what I want), 73k out the door is what they said and they stopped replying when I asked about doing better on price.
Did you try Becky @ James Martin Chevy?

BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:49 AM   #11
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
You need to walk into the dealership with green backs in your hand, that will get their attention.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #12
Gator94

Drives: 2019 ZLE
Consider talking to FL dealers

I just bought a 19 Garnet ZLE two weeks ago in FL. Any dealer that had one(which were only a few) were really dealing on them. I ended getting mine for a huge discount. Here is one I was looking at that's still available:

https://www.jenkinschevroletofvenice...-FL/3447437563

I know it's not one of your color preferences, but they were willing to match the same price I got on the one I bought. Good luck!
Gator94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:29 AM   #13
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
If you shop nationwide and drop the color preference, you'll find 18% off msrp. I did it all last year on a few vehicles, including my ZLE and ZR2. Just have to find the dealers that really want to move the car. They are not likely nearby. Car is worth every penny of MSRP though.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #14
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Wow!!!
I got a smoking deal the way our Canadian dollar is right now.
I would say come up here and buy one but I think there is some sort of a catch with buying one new and shipping it out of country. Not sure if GM voids the warranty or something like that????
It would not make sense to me to void the warranty as the cars are the same on both sides of the border.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote