Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
homero89

Drives: 1LS
Need help deciding...

I'm in the market for a new Camaro, and I've narrowed my search down to a few cars. The cars out there don't have exactly the options I'm looking for, so I will have to take one option over the other. It basically comes down to me having to choose either the sunroof or the red adrenaline package. I've never had either option before in a car, but can definitely see myself wanting both. I'm looking for pros and cons of both to help me make a decision.

P.S. I know there are cars out there that have both these options but I would be giving up other options like NPP or manual, which I'm not likely to do.
homero89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by homero89 View Post
I'm in the market for a new Camaro, and I've narrowed my search down to a few cars. The cars out there don't have exactly the options I'm looking for, so I will have to take one option over the other. It basically comes down to me having to choose either the sunroof or the red adrenaline package. I've never had either option before in a car, but can definitely see myself wanting both. I'm looking for pros and cons of both to help me make a decision.

P.S. I know there are cars out there that have both these options but I would be giving up other options like NPP or manual, which I'm not likely to do.
I could never own a car without a sunroof. If your choice is between the two I would suggest considering the fact you're choosing between a functional option or simply a cosmetic option.

Sunroofs are the perfect compromise between a convertible and hard top. The nice thing is what you can do with them. I will open mine on every clear, sunny day that isn't too hot (over 85). Notice I didn't say too cold - because what you can do with a sunroof is open it even in winter, crank the heater up on high, direct it to the floor, and as heat rises it will rise up and out through the roof but you'll still be warm. I love sunroofs.

But that's just me lol.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Skip the sunroof and get the awesome reverse mohawk look. It's just more shit to possibly break.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Skip the sunroof and get the awesome reverse mohawk look. It's just more shit to possibly break.
Moonroofs are reliable. I’ve Owned 3 cars with well over 100,000 miles on each and never had a moonroof break or leak. Everyone I know whose had one never had a problem either.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:03 AM   #5
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
The problem with the sunroof is that you lose the awesome reverse mohawk style roof.

The adrenaline red package will have a lot more visual impact than just the sunroof. It's up to you, but ask yourself how many times have you used a sunroof in the past? A lot of people get them, but then they never really use them.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #6
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I found 26 with a simple search on cars.com/ Manual, red inter, with sun roof. pretty handy tool if your willing to go get it or have it shipped.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Just say NO to moonroof...

It kills the lines on these cars.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:26 AM   #8
fastball
Banned

That inverted mowhawk is completely subjective. I don’t miss it one bit.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #9
Rooster OG

Drives: 2016
I like and use my sunroof. If you’re never going to use it, don’t get it.
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #10
Hot2016Red

Drives: 2016 2SS
Frankly, only YOU can answer that question. Do you want something really looks cool (interior color) or something that makes you feel cool? I personally like the look without the sunroof. Great lines in my opinion. But that is MY opinion. Only worth 50 cents and a cup of coffee.
Hot2016Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:30 PM   #11
jreagle56

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 NPP MRC Red Hot
hold out for both options. if you are never going to use the sunroof then you know what to do.
I use my sunroof all the time, all 4 seasons..... its the perfect fresh air source without the noise/annoyance of an open window in the ear.
jreagle56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #12
beachlt

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary M6
I use the sunroof almost every time I drive the car. Would not have bought without it , just be sure if you go with the sunroof to check the headroom out. I have not found it to be a problem but others have, especially with a helmet for the track.
beachlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
I have both and if I had to give up one or the other, it would be the seats since I ride with the windows down a lot and the sunroof stops the wind shuttering sound. Take one for a test drive and hit +/- 45MPH and have the sunroof both open and then closed and you'll see what I mean.

Also, the car is on the dark side inside if you have tinted windows; the sunroof doubles the amount of light you get on the inside making it less claustrophobic.
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #14
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Please NO Sunroof........They look awful.....

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote