Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
SlickbackJr

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT
Exclamation What should I ask for when getting my straightpipe 2010 V6

I’ve been working on my car for looks mainly and feel it’s time to get it some noise for more attention drawing. Friends have told me to get the straight pipe as it’s the cheapest option and even had a friend gift me a switch that’s also ganna get welded in so I can always have the option of quiet or loud.
I wanted to ask you guys since your more expert on Camaro’s.
I want a heavy or strong groan and not a lawnmower or a Honda with vtec
I saw you guys putting on other posts the exact sizes and stuff I gatta ask for can you guys help me out with that? Also any recommendations on what else to do to get a good strong noise going for my camaro would be appreciated.
My background on exhausts is pretty much 0 so I got no idea of anything... will I even pass smogs after this?

2010 Camaro LT2 V6
SlickbackJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Say no to straight pipes it will sound like a weed wacker. Depends on your budget, simply going axle back will change the tone and relieve a few pounds. Changing the h-pipe to the magnaflow will lessen drone and rasp depending on your sensitivity to it. Headers will give you a performance boost and a louder overall exhaust. Long tubes will need a tune though. Shorties won’t. A quality cat-back is expensive, but the whole exhaust will work as intended.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Muffler delete would be fine if and ONLY if you grab a Magnaflow 11386 x muffler or similar and have it welded in where the stock H pipe is. Otherwise yes. It will sound awful. The Magnaflow 11386 will also keep cabin drone down if you get an actual axle back, if you choose to. Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, MRT all have fantastic options for our cars.

It's too bad you're in Cali or you could get high flow cats and get some actual volume and depth.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Please read everything I say carefully below because your question brings me back in time to 2010 when I was in high school and had no idea what I was doing with almost no money...

Look at my build, I have the same exact car and had straight pipes and everything for 5 years straight. It was 100% NOT worth it at all. The drone is INSANELY BAD on the highway and sounds like absolute crap. It was so bad, people did not even want to drive with me. You seriously can't even have a conversation with your passenger. The only thing that sounded ok was startup. As soon as you touch the gas, it would actually damaged my hearing. It was honestly embarrassing until I got the resonated magnaflow x pipe to help, but it still doesn't sound as good as I'd like. Somehow I still have this car today with 120k miles and still have the same setup.

It sounds arrogant and dumb, but if I could go back I'd save all that money and find a way to get the v8. Going with some of the more restrictive magnaflows exhaust systems might be ok, but its around $1k with install. Might want to compare this cost vs selling the v6 and getting a v8. I know its "to each their own", but I'm trying to make sure you don't go the same route that I went and regret it like I do now.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
SonicChris

Drives: 2011 RS
Just a straight pipe will sound TERRIBLE. I've gone through seven different exhaust setups before finding the one I like
Attached Images

Last edited by SonicChris; 01-29-2020 at 05:19 PM.
SonicChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #6
DoWork

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT & 2016 Camaro 2SS
To each there own, I personally don't think its that bad. Did it to my 2LT, and I like it. But I rarely drive it since I got mine 2016 SS. It's only obnoxious when you want It to be
DoWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:51 PM   #7
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
Please read everything I say carefully below because your question brings me back in time to 2010 when I was in high school and had no idea what I was doing with almost no money...

Look at my build, I have the same exact car and had straight pipes and everything for 5 years straight. It was 100% NOT worth it at all. The drone is INSANELY BAD on the highway and sounds like absolute crap. It was so bad, people did not even want to drive with me. You seriously can't even have a conversation with your passenger. The only thing that sounded ok was startup. As soon as you touch the gas, it would actually damaged my hearing. It was honestly embarrassing until I got the resonated magnaflow x pipe to help, but it still doesn't sound as good as I'd like. Somehow I still have this car today with 120k miles and still have the same setup.

It sounds arrogant and dumb, but if I could go back I'd save all that money and find a way to get the v8. Going with some of the more restrictive magnaflows exhaust systems might be ok, but its around $1k with install. Might want to compare this cost vs selling the v6 and getting a v8. I know its "to each their own", but I'm trying to make sure you don't go the same route that I went and regret it like I do now.
Not trying to be rude just truly curious why you never put it back to stock in all those years if you hated it so?
Old 02-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #8
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Ask if it will add 100 hp.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #9
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
i thought that it's against the law to modifi you exhaust in kommiefornia
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #10
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Ask if it will add 100 hp.
If you couple it with some chrome skull valve stem caps, certainly.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.

Last edited by xstuntman; 02-12-2020 at 02:27 PM.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #11
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
If you couple it with some chrome skull valve stem caps, certainly.

And some HP stickers.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, help me, help me i'm a noob, help me please, straight pipe