Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #15
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
OP, if you want a sunroof — you will need a 2SS. I use my sunroof almost everyday. I can even have the windows up and still listen to the NPP through the sunroof! I also use the cooled seats often and passengers seem to like it as well. Don’t forget about the resale value.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #16
beachlt

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary M6
I have the 2SS, the HUD and the blind spot monitors were things I thought I would never need, both are used constantly and when I get in my other vehicle I miss having them
beachlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #17
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
I think the biggest point made has to be that on the used car market, the price difference is pretty small. I honestly don't know what the difference is when NEW...but I couldn't tell 1SS from 2SS based on price when I was shopping. ....after looking at cars on multiple websites, at multiple dealers, over several hundred miles...I started to see a small difference, but not enough to base a decision on.

I also think that Camaro buyers are young and old. Rich and poor, and everywhere in between. First time sports/muscle car buyers and seasoned hot rodders. There's really no way to say what works for one will work for another. How are YOU, the OP going to use the car? Most of my non daily drivers over the years have been many many years old, and many didn't properly function when I bought them! -This time I wanted more car, -more ready to go outta the box, and less diamond in the rough.

My last thought would be to really ask yourself how you're going to use the car? While MY 2SS isn't a daily driver, I can certainly see the logic in the creature comforts being more valuable if you DD the car. And don't fool yourself about track use. Many of us will never track our cars, or at least won't do so enough to buy a "track" capable car. Don't sacrifice leather or heated seats for lap times if you'll never track it. That's a question you've answer for yourself.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #18
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
If you’re daily driving it , you’ll probably appreciate the creature comforts of the 2ss, I agree that the 1ss 1le is a great compromise if you can’t find a 2ss you like
z28pat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #19
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Daily driver. Hell yeah it’s worth it. Weekend car/ racecar, no. Wouldn’t miss it. Just get katskins

1ss 1le is the same price as a 2ss. The 2ss goodies worth it or not, the 1ss is a bargain if u don’t want to spend the extra cash.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #20
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I think the biggest point made has to be that on the used car market, the price difference is pretty small. I honestly don't know what the difference is when NEW...but I couldn't tell 1SS from 2SS based on price when I was shopping. ....after looking at cars on multiple websites, at multiple dealers, over several hundred miles...I started to see a small difference, but not enough to base a decision on.

I also think that Camaro buyers are young and old. Rich and poor, and everywhere in between. First time sports/muscle car buyers and seasoned hot rodders. There's really no way to say what works for one will work for another. How are YOU, the OP going to use the car? Most of my non daily drivers over the years have been many many years old, and many didn't properly function when I bought them! -This time I wanted more car, -more ready to go outta the box, and less diamond in the rough.

My last thought would be to really ask yourself how you're going to use the car? While MY 2SS isn't a daily driver, I can certainly see the logic in the creature comforts being more valuable if you DD the car. And don't fool yourself about track use. Many of us will never track our cars, or at least won't do so enough to buy a "track" capable car. Don't sacrifice leather or heated seats for lap times if you'll never track it. That's a question you've answer for yourself.
This ^^^, I was going to type up almost the exact response Abubaca posted

The one thing I might add is that most of these 2SS items don't feel essential until you have them, yet there's no turning back once experienced. Cross traffic alert, HUD, magnetic ride control, cooled and heated seats, blind spot monitoring, dual zone climate, all stuff our old cars didn't have and we never thought we needed. Even the ambient lighting is something I miss a bit when driving other cars that came without it.

(I know some of these are optioned in automatically with a 1SS 1LE or are selectable during the build, some can even be retrofitted, but IMO the price difference is small enough to make the 2SS worth it.)

Finally, if other useful features such as a full digital gauge, automatic side camera view while turn signals are in use, 360° cameras etc. were offered with the Camaro, they'd fall in the same "never thought I needed, but now can't live without it" category.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:01 PM   #21
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Find a 1SS 1LE. Has most of the 2SS things except stereo, interior lighting, soft knee pads and heated and cooked seats. But you can buy knee pads and the recaro seats can be made to function with a gen5diy wiring kit as heated and cooling functions are inside the recaros.
I agree. The 1SS 1LE gives you the good seats, mag ride, and HUD like the 2SS, plus better wheels and tires, and a much better rear end. If luxury matters why buy a Camaro, buy a Cadillac. Camaros are sports cars, not land yachts.

Yeah with a 1SS 1LE you give up the pretty lights and heated and cooled seats but I could care less about pretty lights, and with good tint my Camaro has never been excessively hot, even after a summer day in Georgia. I wouldn’t mind the cross traffic alert and Bose stereo, but that wasn’t worth the premium to me.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #22
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I went from a 17 1SS to a 19 ZL1-1LE so I skipped the 2SS, the only thing that the 1SS had that the ZLE didn't come with is the sun roof, but IMO the sun roof made it hotter on sunny days but either way I am liking the ZLE.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #23
gchu

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I got a 2017 1SS Convertible - it was a lot cheaper than 2SS (about 7.5K) - and around here it was hard actually to find a 1SS

It was an Enterprise Rental - the only thing I didn't realize when I bought it was that the tonneau cover was dinged up from people sitting on it (everything else on the body was fine).

You can't tell unless you look at it at a steep angle with the top down. Body shop pointed them out to me when I had them looking at adding stripes. Don't think I would have every noticed them otherwise. Now of course that's all I see LOL. They said they can fix them for additional $350 while adding the stripes

It's not a daily driver for me - but if it was I would want the 2SS as my daily driver is a loaded truck (heated seats/steering wheel, Nav, moonroof and all the safety tech) and I would certainly miss it if they didn't have it

I do like the cloth seats over the leather as my last convertible had black leather and I had to put blankets on them during the summer since they got so hot in the sun.
gchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #24
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
I pretty much agree with everyone else...

1SS as a weekend car

2SS as a daily driver. Everything that the 2SS includes becomes very appreciated when you are using it daily. Cross Traffic Alert is the BEST and works very well, an absolute must in any parking lot situation.

Blind Spot monitoring is nice and I thought I needed that the most before I got the car, but now I don't even notice it, as I have my mirrors positioned properly.

Bose upgraded is nice if you like listening to music, while not studio quality sound, if you like to crank up the volume a bit, it does a nice job of keeping everything clear. I have a Corsa Exhaust on mine and I can turn the volume up high enough to drown out the exhaust if I am into listening to music at the time and it stays clear.

Dual Zone is great if you have a spouse.

The heated seats and steering wheel are nice in the winter. The cooling seats are hit or miss, sometimes they work well , other times you can't even tell.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #25
metalhead79
Yep...

Drives: 2019 1SS - sold
I daily my 1SS. It has the features I need. I'm a simple person, I guess.

My CX-5 has blind spot monitoring, HUD, adaptive cruise control, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, lane keep assist, 2.5T engine, etc.. and while they're nice, none of them are really mandatory for me.
metalhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #26
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I agree. The 1SS 1LE gives you the good seats, mag ride, and HUD like the 2SS, plus better wheels and tires, and a much better rear end. If luxury matters why buy a Camaro, buy a Cadillac. Camaros are sports cars, not land yachts.

Yeah with a 1SS 1LE you give up the pretty lights and heated and cooled seats but I could care less about pretty lights, and with good tint my Camaro has never been excessively hot, even after a summer day in Georgia. I wouldn’t mind the cross traffic alert and Bose stereo, but that wasn’t worth the premium to me.
U can get magride in 2ss also the recaros. The only thing the 1le gets you exclusively is the elsd

U can also get magride on 1ss
Old 12-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #27
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
U can get magride in 2ss also the recaros. The only thing the 1le gets you exclusively is the elsd

U can also get magride on 1ss
The SS 1LE gets you the eLSD, the FE4 suspension, the larger forged aluminum wheels (and different tires), and the track cooling package. None of those are available in the non 1LE 2SS, and all of them are performance oriented.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:16 PM   #28
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
Would I rather have a 2SS? Yes. Is it worth the cost? IDK.

For what I got my car for, no. I would like to have the Bose sound system, and built in navigation is nicer than using Android Auto IMO. You would think dual zone climate controls and heated/cooled seats are overrated, until you actually experience them. That rearview camera thing would be nice IMO. Still a new 1SS 1LE for roughly $39,000 is a very nice deal, and it's an extremely nice car compared to DD'ing a GEN4 SS.

Does the 2SS have seat position memory settings that let you go back to a preset position? Also does the 2SS have heated mirrors? For the added cost if they don't have those things they should.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote