Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-31-2019, 08:55 AM   #1
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Codes P2270 and P2272

So ive been getting a check engine light that when i ran a diagnostic...these codes came up. P2270 and P2272. The car is running fine and i couldn't figure out what was wrong until i ran the check. These are emissions codes and im wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what was the solution. I unplugged the neg terminal and the CEL went away for about 2 weeks. Now its back and it looks like i will need to take her in. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Are you all stock? That is a rear o2 sensor code for being stuck lean. I would be worried if it was the front o2s. If the car is all stock for sure take it to the dealer if you still have a warranty. If not sounds like a great time for headers and a tune.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Are you all stock? That is a rear o2 sensor code for being stuck lean. I would be worried if it was the front o2s. If the car is all stock for sure take it to the dealer if you still have a warranty. If not sounds like a great time for headers and a tune.
I have a CAI and ported TB...no tune. Ive had these for a while though.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I have a CAI and ported TB...no tune. Ive had these for a while though.

if those are post-O2 codes I would be worried the cats are bad. The rear O2 sensors only tell the computer if the cats are lighting off and doing their job, it doesnt use the rear o2's for fueling at all.

If you are modded and the tune wasnt adjusted correctly and you are running lean you could have over heated the cats and damaged them.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 06:54 PM   #5
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
if those are post-O2 codes I would be worried the cats are bad. The rear O2 sensors only tell the computer if the cats are lighting off and doing their job, it doesnt use the rear o2's for fueling at all.

If you are modded and the tune wasnt adjusted correctly and you are running lean you could have over heated the cats and damaged them.
Thank you! I kind of had a feeling that the mods might be the issue. I thank i will take her in to get looked at.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post

You know there are a few other owners on here with similar set ups. Im going to revert back to stock andvtake her in for an exam at the dealer. If this does turn out to be a case of my mods without a tune doing damage somehow...im certain a few of you would like a heads up. I hope it is something unrelated because a love these simple mods (cai and ported tb) because the do just enough to make the car a little more aggressive. Smooth launches with improved tip in. The little exta umf from the CAI and much better SC whine! Im gonna be super bummed if they are the culprit.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:16 PM   #7
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. Assuming it’s in warranty.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:08 AM   #8
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
You know there are a few other owners on here with similar set ups. Im going to revert back to stock andvtake her in for an exam at the dealer. If this does turn out to be a case of my mods without a tune doing damage somehow...im certain a few of you would like a heads up. I hope it is something unrelated because a love these simple mods (cai and ported tb) because the do just enough to make the car a little more aggressive. Smooth launches with improved tip in. The little exta umf from the CAI and much better SC whine! Im gonna be super bummed if they are the culprit.
Highly doubt either of those is the culprit.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #9
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
Highly doubt either of those is the culprit.
At my last...recent...oil change the service mng asked if i wanted to switch to the "new oil". I asked if he meant the 0W-40 mobil 1 that the new Zs are getting. He said yes and i said sure. So they supposedly switched me to the new oil. Could this have something to do with my emissions? I also bought the new eLSD calibration at the same time.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:29 PM   #10
Carter97

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
I have a 2018 V6 with Borla Atak Axle-back exhaust and K&N CAI. I had both installed earlier in February or March and everything has been fine. I push my car every now and then. It is my daily driver, and I raced it for the first time last month against a 5.7 Charger. After two runs, my throttle bounces a bit when giving gas. Usually between 1,500-3,000 RPM. A week ago I was driving about 50mph and my engine light came on. OnStar told me it was code P2272 and when I took it to the dealer they told me it was both P2270 and P2272. I told the service tech I had the intake and he said the warranty wouldn't cover, but they didn't void my warranty either. He actually recommended that I got a tune did to the car. I disconnected the negative ground on my battery for a few hours to reset my computers and blew some dirt out of the MAF sensor, still runs the same. Car doesn't run rough, but the throttle does bounce and it's annoying. Regardless of having the CAI dealers should at least be able to inspect the O2 sensors no charge, but I guess that isn't the case. https://youtu.be/kXpohOjV1R4

Last edited by Carter97; 11-16-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Carter97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter97 View Post
I have a 2018 V6 with Borla Atak Axle-back exhaust and K&N CAI. I had both installed earlier in February or March and everything has been fine. I push my car every now and then. It is my daily driver, and I raced it for the first time last month against a 5.7 Charger. After two runs, my throttle bounces a bit when giving gas. Usually between 1,500-3,000 RPM. A week ago I was driving about 50mph and my engine light came on. OnStar told me it was code P2272 and when I took it to the dealer they told me it was both P2270 and P2270. I told the service tech I had the intake and he said the warranty wouldn't cover, but they didn't void my warranty either. He actually recommended that I got a tune did to the car. I disconnected the negative ground on my battery for a few hours to reset my computers and blew some dirt out of the MAF sensor, still runs the same. Car doesn't run rough, but the throttle does bounce and it's annoying. Regardless of having the CAI dealers should at least be able to inspect the O2 sensors no charge, but I guess that isn't the case. https://youtu.be/kXpohOjV1R4
Thank you! I think ill go in for an inspection once im back to stock....
Old 11-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #12
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
This just in from the Wild Hair Up The Wazoo department...

Quote:
Thank you! I think ill go in for an inspection once im back to stock....
Before heading off to the dealer... Put it 100% back to stock and pull the battery cable for a couple hours for a hard reset. Then run it a couple weeks to let the long term "secret long term MAF trim" settle.

I'm talking about the same behavior that the guys/gals see who install Soler and other throttle body mods see ... they get nice punchy behavior for a couple weeks then it goes back to normal as the car slowly adjusts to the "new normal".

It's probably a long shot, but there's a small chance that just maybe it might clear the fault.

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:39 PM   #13
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Before heading off to the dealer... Put it 100% back to stock and pull the battery cable for a couple hours for a hard reset. Then run it a couple weeks to let the long term "secret long term MAF trim" settle.

I'm talking about the same behavior that the guys/gals see who install Soler and other throttle body mods see ... they get nice punchy behavior for a couple weeks then it goes back to normal as the car slowly adjusts to the "new normal".

It's probably a long shot, but there's a small chance that just maybe it might clear the fault.

I hadnt heard that but that is about what id planned to do...just not with such a long neg unplug...didnt know more than 10 mins made a difference
Old 11-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #14
Carter97

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
No problem. I washed my intake filter, and unknowingly, I drove about 5 miles last night on a clean road with the filter still off and the throttle was normal. This morning I put the filter back on after letting it dry overnight and it seemed normal; but it was a short drive. When I get off I'll have to check again. Maybe letting the car idle without the filter, or if you know of a clean area to drive it may do something. Since it's cold there isn't a lot of bugs out at night, especially in the city.
Carter97 is offline   Reply With Quote