Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #8625
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Beautiful ride! How much did the ceramic coat run your pockets? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m pricing around right now. Or at least trying lol!
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #8626
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaystroh View Post
Beautiful ride! How much did the ceramic coat run your pockets? If you don’t mind me asking. I’m pricing around right now. Or at least trying lol!

For me it was CA$1000 with full paint correction.

Included all glass and wheels.
2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:01 AM   #8627
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Added 1LE wheels, got car ceramic coated and added chrome lettering to the fuel rail cover since the red faded off the letters.

Ok I tried to fix the pictures but I don't see any way to rotate them
Where did you pick up the 1LE wheels? Are the the GM OEM Wheels or knock offs?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #8628
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Where did you pick up the 1LE wheels? Are the the GM OEM Wheels or knock offs?
They're oem GM wheels. Picked them up somewhat locally from someone selling them basically brand new with brand new tires as well.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:01 PM   #8629
BlakeR
😁😁😁😁😁

Drives: 1ss
Suede upgrade

My wife covered the 1ss plastic knee bolsters with some suede we found on sale. I would have gone with a darker color, but for the price I think they look and feel great. If they start looking bad, we know how to do it now.
Attached Images

BlakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #8630
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeR View Post
My wife covered the 1ss plastic knee bolsters with some suede we found on sale. I would have gone with a darker color, but for the price I think they look and feel great. If they start looking bad, we know how to do it now.
I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but I need to find a wife first I guess. lol! All joking aside, was it very difficult to do? Is it real suede or suede-like material? Is there foam underneath as well?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #8631
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but I need to find a wife first I guess. lol!
A brand new Camaro with Suede bolsters would be MUCH cheaper!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #8632
BlakeR
😁😁😁😁😁

Drives: 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but I need to find a wife first I guess. lol! All joking aside, was it very difficult to do? Is it real suede or suede-like material? Is there foam underneath as well?
I am assuming suede-like. It was $10 a yard and we used 1/2 a yard. We tried adding a thin padding but seemed a little lumpy for me. She traced it out, cut it and attached with hot glue only on the back so if I take it off it won't damage the good side. I have seen others that added the stitching detail, but this was a good, easy, project for us.
BlakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #8633
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
First mod of my new (to me) car..

When I was driving it home from the sale, I was being blinded by the dash.. Who was the genius that thought putting anything shiny around the outside of the instrument cluster was a good idea??

Broke out the can of Plastidip and I think they came out quite nice. No more blinding.
Attached Images

turbo2ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:39 PM   #8634
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
A productive day getting a few little things done. Took off and cleaned the procharger filter and gave her a fresh oil change, emptied out the mighty mouse catch can and put on the new jack pads.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #8635
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018

Some detailing today, immediate plans for now consist of an offset stripe across and tinted tail lights (honestly prefer a deep dark red over the GM smoked ones on this color)
CoeusAscended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:18 PM   #8636
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2ltr View Post
First mod of my new (to me) car..

When I was driving it home from the sale, I was being blinded by the dash.. Who was the genius that thought putting anything shiny around the outside of the instrument cluster was a good idea??

Broke out the can of Plastidip and I think they came out quite nice. No more blinding.
That looks really good. Did yo have to remove the trim pieces for the Plastidip?
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:19 AM   #8637
turbo2ltr

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
That looks really good. Did yo have to remove the trim pieces for the Plastidip?
Yes they come off fairly easily just pulling on them straight out towards the back of the car. Didn't even need tools. They have a complex shape, but all the tabs pull straight out towards the back, even the top part that wraps around and forward.

Cleaned them with alcohol, an taped up the tabs on the back. First try was a disaster.Luckily, its super easy to clean up and start over. Second try came out perfect.
turbo2ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #8638
NBCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
My first Camaro really liking the car lots of helpful threads here to make the car mine. Just added the 20mm eibach spacers, Magnaflow competition axle back exhaust, and Auto Graphics Pro ralley stripes. Very happy with the way it turned out.....

Attached Images

NBCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote