Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V6 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 08-27-2023, 12:52 PM   #1
Brosiffkev

Drives: 2LT RS
X pipe

Hello everybody this my first post and my first mod!
Got a cheap X pipe installed yesterday.
I’m running npp exhaust disabled and man what a difference it really opened the exhaust getting that monster resonator out! More mods coming!
Brosiffkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 12:55 PM   #2
Brosiffkev

New to forums trying to post pictures haha
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #3
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Welcome!
Old 08-27-2023, 01:39 PM   #4
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Welcome! Exhaust looks good, but you are posting in the for sale section.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 02:08 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Welcome! Nice mod. But I believe this is where the x-pipe should be. It goes right behind the headers. It's where mine is at on my custom catback system. It should be installed where the OEM resonator was.

Name:  jack stands.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  274.5 KB

Last edited by 1JEWLDSSRS; 08-27-2023 at 06:51 PM.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:57 AM   #6
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
It reminds me of a local company that makes exhausts, and they put the X-pipe almost on the end of the Corvette

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OzE4wDgXtoM

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 08:07 AM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
It reminds me of a local company that makes exhausts, and they put the X-pipe almost on the end of the Corvette

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OzE4wDgXtoM
When I did my researching, the rule of thumb on a performance system is 8-18 inches behind the header collectors.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:59 AM   #8
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
When I did my researching, the rule of thumb on a performance system is 8-18 inches behind the header collectors.

I have the same information. So I totally agree
Otherwise it loses its meaning.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:10 PM   #9
DRC69

Drives: 2011 RS 2LT
I love the BMR pic.
DRC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:33 PM   #10
Brosiffkev

Hey guys sorry about late reply I know what you’re saying about X pipe location. The location where I have it sounds good very noticeable more aggressive sound. It is where the oem res was it is located little towards the back I’ll try and get a little video soon. Almost ever since I got the car I’ve had the infamous exhaust rattle that’s been driving me nuts I’m gona mess with some of the shielding right above the cats rn see what happens. I’m thinking about grabbing those arh down pipes after awhile maybe relocate the X pipe but for now I’m happy with it! I’ll try and start a new thread I guesss
Old 08-29-2023, 01:46 AM   #11
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosiffkev View Post
Hey guys sorry about late reply I know what you’re saying about X pipe location. The location where I have it sounds good very noticeable more aggressive sound. It is where the oem res was it is located little towards the back I’ll try and get a little video soon. Almost ever since I got the car I’ve had the infamous exhaust rattle that’s been driving me nuts I’m gona mess with some of the shielding right above the cats rn see what happens. I’m thinking about grabbing those arh down pipes after awhile maybe relocate the X pipe but for now I’m happy with it! I’ll try and start a new thread I guesss

I have no doubt at all that it would sound wrong.
What 1JEWLDSSRS is trying to tell you is that in these places the X-pipe does not fulfill its role and you lose the benefits of this "device"

Old 08-29-2023, 02:03 AM   #12
George-CZ

Anyway, it's interesting.
With USA V8 engines, I have been convinced many times that the stupider the exhaust, the better the sound

When I was at school and there was no money to spare, we would always make some horror out of cut pipes and what a show I made!

What I liked best was the dual thick pipe exhaust I had on the 2nd gen. Camaro.
It was heavy and the tailpipe was bent in front of the driver's side rear wheel.
And to make it look cool, I cut a piece of polished stainless from an old
washing machine drum and riveted on to the ends to make them shine.

And I connected it right after the catalytic converter, which was at the level of the front seats. I caught the road with every pothole I drove over, but at that moment the world was mine

Yeah... I wouldn't trade my youth for today