Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #2717
HuJass

Drives: GM
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #2718
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Thank God you finally got it !
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #2719
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking good! So happy you finally got your car.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:28 AM   #2720
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Congrats Tara, Look at all the well wishers you've accumulated! Take care of that beast and happy driving. Now maybe this thread will finally get closed.
Thanks!

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:29 AM   #2721
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
Thank God you finally got it !
Thank you!

Old 02-05-2016, 12:31 AM   #2722
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking good! So happy you finally got your car.
Thanks Sledgie! I'm glad I found your YouTube channel and am planning to watch you install video for the front lip over and over so I can hopefully install mine right (when I get one!)

Old 02-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #2723
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Angry

One last word...I have to vent...about treatment at my dealership.

My salesman messages me today that my LPO parts are at the dealership (56F wheels and black bowties.) I get to the dealership right after work and find my salesman. He was off yesterday, so he missed the delivery of my car, and I could tell he wanted a ride in it, so I obliged him. When we got back to the dealership, he said we needed to check in with the service manager to schedule installation of my bowties. I had already informed him that I would just pick up the "loose" 56F wheels and have my own installer mount them. (Note here that the dealer was going to use an outside installer to swap the tires to the 56F wheels anyway.)

We arrive in Service and the service writer that my salesman pointed out said that the Service Manager had the paperwork and that I had to talk to him in his office. He also noted that the Parts Manager was in the office, too. The Service Manager admonished me that if I took the wheels and had another installer do the work, that they would not be responsible for that work...<duh!> I assured him that I knew that. The <swarthy> Parts Manager then piped in that "If you take those LPO wheels, you're going to have to bring back the wheels that are on it because we have to send them back to the factory." At this point, my anger is rising, because I can see that I was set up and all of these people were expecting my arrival. I bit my tongue and only responded, "No, I don't." The Parts Manager continued to harangue me about that was part of the deal that I had to turn in the wheels. I told him that I had paid almost $2,000 for a whole extra set of wheels, and he said "No, no, no, those wheels are worth like $3,900 and that's part of the 'discount' to get the wheels so cheap." I'm really pissed off by now, but maintaining my cool. I told him about a previous 2016 Camaro customer at this same dealership who bought the same LPO 56F wheels and received two sets of wheels about a month before. Parts Manager ignored this. Instead he says that we'll just call the guy now who knows. They make a conference call right there while I'm standing in the office, (I, the customer, was never offered a seat.) A younger gentleman gets on the call and Parts Manager tells him what's going on, and asks to verify that he has to send the original SS wheels back. Surprisingly, the fellow says that no, they're not required to send the wheels back as there is no "core charge" for the LPO wheels and that the dealership can keep the wheels or give them back to the customer. The "dealership can keep the wheels" part sounded really shady to me. Keep a customer's property? Really?!? Parts Manager ended the call and sheepishly said that I could keep my wheels. Service Manager had a more apologetic look in his eyes, seeing that I was right all along. Once Parts Manager hears that I'm picking up my wheels in my Camaro, he tells me that there's no way to fit them in the car. I just said, "Unbox them!"

It also looks like they had my LPO items at the dealership for quite some time, although yesterday they told me that they did not. My wheels were in a "conex" -styled storage container out on the back lot of the dealership. A parts worker, my salesman and I unboxed and loaded the wheels into my Camaro with room to spare.

I hate it when someone tries to imply that I'm stupid or ignorant when I know I'm right. Thank goodness for Becky and this forum. Informed consumers are smart consumers! This dealership would have buffalo-ed me out of at least $1,000 worth of original SS wheels.

Old 02-05-2016, 04:21 AM   #2724
HuJass

Drives: GM
You need to blast them on the survey.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #2725
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post

My salesman messages me today that my LPO parts are at the dealership (56F wheels and black bowties.) I get to the dealership right after work and find my salesman. He was off yesterday, so he missed the delivery of my car, and I could tell he wanted a ride in it, so I obliged him. When we got back to the dealership, he said we needed to check in with the service manager to schedule installation of my bowties. I had already informed him that I would just pick up the "loose" 56F wheels and have my own installer mount them. (Note here that the dealer was going to use an outside installer to swap the tires to the 56F wheels anyway.)

We arrive in Service and the service writer that my salesman pointed out said that the Service Manager had the paperwork and that I had to talk to him in his office. He also noted that the Parts Manager was in the office, too. The Service Manager admonished me that if I took the wheels and had another installer do the work, that they would not be responsible for that work...<duh!> I assured him that I knew that. The <swarthy> Parts Manager then piped in that "If you take those LPO wheels, you're going to have to bring back the wheels that are on it because we have to send them back to the factory." At this point, my anger is rising, because I can see that I was set up and all of these people were expecting my arrival. I bit my tongue and only responded, "No, I don't." The Parts Manager continued to harangue me about that was part of the deal that I had to turn in the wheels. I told him that I had paid almost $2,000 for a whole extra set of wheels, and he said "No, no, no, those wheels are worth like $3,900 and that's part of the 'discount' to get the wheels so cheap." I'm really pissed off by now, but maintaining my cool. I told him about a previous 2016 Camaro customer at this same dealership who bought the same LPO 56F wheels and received two sets of wheels about a month before. Parts Manager ignored this. Instead he says that we'll just call the guy now who knows. They make a conference call right there while I'm standing in the office, (I, the customer, was never offered a seat.) A younger gentleman gets on the call and Parts Manager tells him what's going on, and asks to verify that he has to send the original SS wheels back. Surprisingly, the fellow says that no, they're not required to send the wheels back as there is no "core charge" for the LPO wheels and that the dealership can keep the wheels or give them back to the customer. The "dealership can keep the wheels" part sounded really shady to me. Keep a customer's property? Really?!? Parts Manager ended the call and sheepishly said that I could keep my wheels. Service Manager had a more apologetic look in his eyes, seeing that I was right all along. Once Parts Manager hears that I'm picking up my wheels in my Camaro, he tells me that there's no way to fit them in the car. I just said, "Unbox them!"

It also looks like they had my LPO items at the dealership for quite some time, although yesterday they told me that they did not. My wheels were in a "conex" -styled storage container out on the back lot of the dealership. A parts worker, my salesman and I unboxed and loaded the wheels into my Camaro with room to spare.

I hate it when someone tries to imply that I'm stupid or ignorant when I know I'm right. Thank goodness for Becky and this forum. Informed consumers are smart consumers! This dealership would have buffalo-ed me out of at least $1,000 worth of original SS wheels.
That is such BS! I hate almost all GM dealers, they are mostly all the same, not all, but most. After all the crap you had to deal with along the way and now this! Amazing how they think you will do repeat business with them. Yeah like HuJass said, make sure you give them the marks they deserve on the survey!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #2726
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post

Old 02-05-2016, 12:49 PM   #2727
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
Agreed!!!! Also you should say in that survey that you want a telephone number where you can talk to a higher authority and that your claims have been well documented on this forum. I would make backup copies of what's been put on this forum and any other paperwork that you may have.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #2728
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post

Good on you for standing your ground. F that dealer. They live and die by that survey, give it to them.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:53 AM   #2729
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Tara, I want to add my congratulations for getting your new Camaro. I do hope you make it known how disappointed you are with your dealer so other potential customers don't have to go through what you had to. Auto Nation is the largest in the US, but not all their dealers are professional.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #2730
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Tara, I want to add my congratulations for getting your new Camaro. I do hope you make it known how disappointed you are with your dealer so other potential customers don't have to go through what you had to. Auto Nation is the largest in the US, but not all their dealers are professional.
Thanks! I haven't gotten the survey yet. My salesman told me on Thursday that although I thought I had finalized my transaction on 31-Dec-15, they at the dealership didn't do anything until my car actually shipped. That's why I don't have my registration or title yet! I cannot believe these people!!! I wondered why my down (full) payment check is as of yet un-transacted...

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet