Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #15
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Smile Possible way to extend battery life.

For your consideration-

I fully admit that I was a skeptic about super-capacitor boosters for vehicle batteries.
I presumed that the YouTube videos were probably just hype or wishful thinking.

However, based upon positive experiences with one on our truck, when I bought the Camaro and saw where the battery was located (and how much it costs) I added one.
It is 83.3 farads and is connected from the positive jump start terminal under the hood to the engine block.
If nothing else it stiffens the battery supply path in the engine bay after its long cable and chassis run from the trunk.
Just like on our truck it now cranks a bit faster and seems to recover quicker.

I also added one to our Cruze a while back and even when it sits at an airport parking lot for a couple of weeks (as it has far too often this year) it will crank over like no time has passed.

Your mileage may vary.... FWIW
Old 10-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #16
zag

Drives: 2018 camaro 2 ss
could someone tell me how you remove that large black piece of plastic by the rear latch in the trunk after you remove the four plastic nuts? You need to remove it to remove the trunk liner from the trunk. Thanks

Last edited by zag; 11-01-2019 at 11:20 AM.
zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:11 PM   #17
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zag View Post
could someone tell me how you remove that large black piece of plastic in the trunk after you remove the four plastic nuts? Thanks
It is sort of flexible like carpet with starch or something in it, so you just kind of gently bend it around as needed.

I have not had to replace the battery on my '16 SS yet, but I did remove the carpet-like covering in order to put a pigtail on the battery for a trickle charger I attach to it when the car is stored over the winter months.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:10 PM   #18
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
there are a couple of clips on the top ...next to trunk latch...pull up as you are trying to remove and the clips will release...

found this video on replacing the battery..