Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
d00mz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Front and rear dashcams?

hey gang, new 17 vert ZL1 owner. Had a 14 vert ZL1.

I'm thinking about getting dashcam(s) installed. Are rear dashcams even an option for our verts? Has anyone mounted a rear facing camera on their 6th gen convertible?

2020 ZL1 Convertible in Shock

-Bone stock (for now)

2017 ZL1 Convertible in Hyper Metallic Blue (sold)
-stock

2014 ZL1 Convertible in Red Hot (sold)
-Roto Fab Cold Air Intake with larger HX Rez
-2.5inch upper pulley, solid isolator
-Ported Blower Snout
-ARH 2 inch headers and longflow off-road pipes
-1000cc fuel injectors
-NGK TR71X plugs
-Catch Can
-Dyno tuned to 600RWHP
-All work done by Advanced Modern Performance
d00mz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Wanting to know this as well.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
I did a front install with the thinkware f770. I'm working on where to mount the rear cam. so far the only thing I can come up with is an interior type cam
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:17 PM   #4
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSS50 View Post
I did a front install with the thinkware f770. I'm working on where to mount the rear cam. so far the only thing I can come up with is an interior type cam
You have some photos of the install? How does the night vision and time lapse work (why is hard wiring required)? How has it performed?
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
I am running a Z-edge z3 on the front. 100 bucks on Amazon. I'll be getting another for the rear. I use go-pro mounts.
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:52 PM   #6
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
I really want something that is as hidden as possible from both inside and outside the car.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
GroundhogSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
I am running a Z-edge z3 on the front. 100 bucks on Amazon. I'll be getting another for the rear. I use go-pro mounts.
What would be the solution for mounting in the rear? Using a suction cup on the rear deck would be a problem with the wires getting tangled up in the top as it goes up and down. The brace just behind the rear seats might work next to the keyhole for opening the trunk if you could find a non-destructive way to attach. I don't want to drill holes.

#TeamBeckyD

Old 05-04-2017, 08:14 PM   #8
Donner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
What would be the solution for mounting in the rear? Using a suction cup on the rear deck would be a problem with the wires getting tangled up in the top as it goes up and down. The brace just behind the rear seats might work next to the keyhole for opening the trunk if you could find a non-destructive way to attach. I don't want to drill holes.

I converted my Z-Edge Z3 camera attachments to use Go-Pro devices that I got off Amazon. I also bought a 1/4 20 nut from Lowes to tighten things up on both ends of the screw. I plan to put a go-pro base on the plastic lip behind the passenger side headrest and then use the mount to extend it up and back like they use on helmet cameras. This part. https://www.amazon.com/ProGear-Tripo...+pro+converter

Mounting it sideways may be easier just to get the base on and off from a parallel to the seat connection. I was going to tinker with both as I already have bot of the parts. https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Side-Mo...M37ZHSNKWQJF30

The link below shows the converter part from Amazon. They call it a Arkon GoPro HERO Mount Connection to 1/4 inch 20 Camera Mount Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Arkon-GoPro-C.../dp/B00IQ7PRHU

Last edited by Donner; 05-07-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
GroundhogSS

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'll be looking forward to seeing what it looks like and how it works when you get it all together.
The first link didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
I converted my Z-Edge Z3 camera attachments to use Go-Pro devices that I got off Amazon. I also bought a 1/4 20 nut from Lowes to tighten things up on both ends of the screw. I plan to put a go-pro base on the plastic lip behind the passenger side headrest and then use the mount to extend it up and back like they use on helmet cameras. This part. https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-AHFMT-0...VZFH4A6GS6ZFBK

Mounting it sideways may be easier just to get the base on and off from a parallel to the seat connection. I was going to tinker with both as I already have bot of the parts. https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Side-Mo...M37ZHSNKWQJF30

The link below shows the converter part from Amazon. They call it a Arkon GoPro HERO Mount Connection to 1/4 inch 20 Camera Mount Adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Arkon-GoPro-C.../dp/B00IQ7PRHU

#TeamBeckyD

Old 05-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Donner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback. I'll be looking forward to seeing what it looks like and how it works when you get it all together.
The first link didn't work.
I fixed it.