Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #29
jazz_whigs

Drives: 2010 gen5 2lt rs, 2016 gen6 2ss
Day 5 now VTC seems to be doing ok, hopefully it stays that way
Old 03-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #30
jazz_whigs

Almost a month installed now, no issues
Old 03-31-2017, 09:16 AM   #31
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
What was the fix? New VTC or did you unplug it and go to dealer?
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:56 PM   #32
jazz_whigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
What was the fix? New VTC or did you unplug it and go to dealer?
Obviously you did not read the whole story on my original post, vitesse sent me a replacement for the one that might've caused the problem, installed it and now everything is working fine. I no longer have that AC/electrical problem. I did not need to take it to the dealership. looks like the first one they sent me was defective and not a preexisting issue with my car after all like some of us thought.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #33
6thgenSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
OP, you don't know anything about cars. You're just like all the other people that don't know what you are doing and then you buy a VTC and then when you mess up the set up you blame it on the VTC.

The original problem could NOT have anything to do with the VTC. If you look at the ECU control drawings there is nothing that ties any input signals from the electronic signal coming from the accelerator pedal to your AC or to the Key Fob system.

It's people like you that need to stop blaming mods when you don't know what you are doing. It's you that is the problem.

Just because you installed a new VTC and you didn't have issues does not mean it was the VTC that caused the issues, you need to learn how to troubleshoot before you come on here. All you do is make false statements and make it harder for other people.
6thgenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #34
gdgraph

So, I'll ask the same exact question again, what was the fix, or did you never actually troubleshoot it and find the root cause of the issue?

Installing a new VTC and not having the issues with AC/key fob does not necessarily mean you had a bad VTC. I'm trying to find out what was wrong, did VTC tell you that the original unit was bad? Did they say how or why it could affect your AC? Did you contact your dealer to ask what could cause those issues to your car?

I only ask for everyone else's educational benefit because there are a lot of people here that don't understand how a VTC (which is not connected to your AC/Key Fob) other than they are electronics. You made some bold claims that it "MAY" have messed all of these things up... what would make things beneficial to everyone reading this later is what was the end result, was it the VTC or was it something else that you couldn't figure out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_whigs View Post
Obviously you did not read the whole story on my original post, vitesse sent me a replacement for the one that might've caused the problem, installed it and now everything is working fine. I no longer have that AC/electrical problem. I did not need to take it to the dealership. looks like the first one they sent me was defective and not a preexisting issue with my car after all like some of us thought.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:20 AM   #35
16maross

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 08 Vette Z06
Yeah, this guy didn't actual provide any update on the problem, just that he put a new VTC on and didn't have issues... that's like saying I plugged in an ipod to play music and my headlights stopped working. I unplugged my ipod and got a new one and a few days latter my headlights were working. Great you got a new ipod but never told us what was ACTUALLY wrong with your headlights, just that you got a new ipod. You didn't prove that the ipod caused the issue with your headlight, and you didn't show proof of how or what the ipod did to the headlights specifically (probably because the answer is nothing).

Not very helpful at all. All you did was jump to conclusions, you were WRONG, now you're embarrassed and don't want to admit you were wrong because you don't know what actually happened. Sounds like you don't really know what's going on here.
16maross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #36
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thgenSS View Post
OP, you don't know anything about cars. You're just like all the other people that don't know what you are doing and then you buy a VTC and then when you mess up the set up you blame it on the VTC.

The original problem could NOT have anything to do with the VTC. If you look at the ECU control drawings there is nothing that ties any input signals from the electronic signal coming from the accelerator pedal to your AC or to the Key Fob system.

It's people like you that need to stop blaming mods when you don't know what you are doing. It's you that is the problem.

Just because you installed a new VTC and you didn't have issues does not mean it was the VTC that caused the issues, you need to learn how to troubleshoot before you come on here. All you do is make false statements and make it harder for other people.
Exactly, everything the OP did cleared up whatever the bad state the car was in and VTC had nothing to do with the issue.

Then, Vitesse gives him a new product to keep the customer satisfied so clearly that was their admission of guilt of a bad unit.
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #37
gdgraph

I feel bad for Vitesse, because if you mess up the set up and then call them, they can only help you out so much on the phone before they have to end up just sending you a new unit. They don't know what else is wrong with your car or what you messed up on the car or install. That and everyone blames them anytime anything electrical happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
Exactly, everything the OP did cleared up whatever the bad state the car was in and VTC had nothing to do with the issue.

Then, Vitesse gives him a new product to keep the customer satisfied so clearly that was their admission of guilt of a bad unit.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:34 PM   #38
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Old 04-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #39
gr120994

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black, 2SS Camaro
Resetting the settings to factory default fixed several key fob problems after clearing my key settings to renumber them.
gr120994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #40
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Plug in VTC and my car turn to hyper Blue! I had mine since new and never had a problem.

My old 2012 had one and stall on me but Ahmed replace it. Good customer service that is why bought another and will buy for my next 7th gen.
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #41
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
When I had that engine reduced power. I just unplug the controller and everything was fine. When I got home I just recalibrated cause maybe I didn't set up correctly. Its been about 2 to 3 weeks now and I'm not having an issue
GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:56 AM   #42
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSS50 View Post
When I had that engine reduced power. I just unplug the controller and everything was fine. When I got home I just recalibrated cause maybe I didn't set up correctly. Its been about 2 to 3 weeks now and I'm not having an issue
I've had a Vitesse on for a year now. Can't live without it. BUT, I was getting this intermittent problem. I'd have to recalibrate it every few months, and then it got more and more frequent, becoming weekly and then daily. Became a real pain but I HATED not having it on there. My only other mod was the skip-shift delete and the Roto-fab intake.

I believe I fixed it, though. I unfortunately did two things at once, so can't be certain which fixed it, but I *suspect* unplugging the negative terminal on the battery for a few hours and then plugging it back in to reset everything is what fixed it. I'd never done that when I put the Roto-fab on (even though it was in the instructions), and I suspect something needed to recalibrate but hadn't. The other thing I did was spray some compressed air and then WD-40 in the connectors between the VTC and the OEM harness, just incase something was stuck in there. I'm pretty certain the battery was the fix, though.

Just a heads-up. If you start getting the issue again, give that a shot and hopefully that'll be the end of it. It's a great product, and I'd hate to have to drive without it - the car is so much more fun with it.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote