Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #1
WspoonSS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Power Steering Pump Pulley

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement power steering pump pulley for my 2010 Camaro SS ?! Is there possible a different pulley that may bolt up. GM apparently discontinued it and I cannot seem to find one locally.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Wow. Why the hell does GM keep doing this? So many vital parts keep being discontinued. I really need a driver side door wiring harness. I bought a new one 2 years ago no issue, but now that I need another one...discontinued. I had a bad leak in my door from the sunroof drain and the harnesses kept getting damaged.

Anyhow, I found a kinda pricey ($100) billet aluminum pulley for you. It does seem to be stock sized though, which is good. Others I have found are undersized. The listing references the stock part number 12610794. Really nice looking part actually. Press fit. This might be your only option unfortunately unless you go to a salvage yard. If I had no choice I would go this route as it's not really obscenely overpriced for what you get.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-C...oAAOSw2NVfY7Bw
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #3
WspoonSS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Wow. Why the hell does GM keep doing this? So many vital parts keep being discontinued. I really need a driver side door wiring harness. I bought a new one 2 years ago no issue, but now that I need another one...discontinued. I had a bad leak in my door from the sunroof drain and the harnesses kept getting damaged.

Anyhow, I found a kinda pricey ($100) billet aluminum pulley for you. It does seem to be stock sized though, which is good. Others I have found are undersized. The listing references the stock part number 12610794. Really nice looking part actually. Press fit. This might be your only option unfortunately unless you go to a salvage yard. If I had no choice I would go this route as it's not really obscenely overpriced for what you get.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-C...oAAOSw2NVfY7Bw
I ordered that part a few hours ago. I was hoping that there might be another GM pulley that might fit or something else. I cant believe I paid $100 for a pulley and it will take forever to ship. I think they discontinued this because of the swap to electric steering on 13+ models
Old 10-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WspoonSS View Post
I ordered that part a few hours ago. I was hoping that there might be another GM pulley that might fit or something else. I cant believe I paid $100 for a pulley and it will take forever to ship. I think they discontinued this because of the swap to electric steering on 13+ models
From what I could find the Camaro SS is the only car that uses that specific pulley part number. I'm surprised a part like that wasn't shared with more models. What you said makes perfect sense as well. Only 3 model years with that pulley. Also, it's a part that rarely gets replaced since replacement power steering pumps usually require you swap over your existing pulley. So to have a large volume on hand in a warehouse somewhere makes little financial sense to them I'm sure.

Anyhow, I'm glad you ordered it. It looks like a very nice quality part and it will look great in the engine bay. Thanks for the challenge btw. I love searching for hard to find parts, weird I know.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:14 AM   #5
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Salvage yard ??
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #6
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I thought there was a law/rule that states they have to make parts available for up to 10 years after production?
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
From what I could find the Camaro SS is the only car that uses that specific pulley part number. I'm surprised a part like that wasn't shared with more models. What you said makes perfect sense as well. Only 3 model years with that pulley. Also, it's a part that rarely gets replaced since replacement power steering pumps usually require you swap over your existing pulley. So to have a large volume on hand in a warehouse somewhere makes little financial sense to them I'm sure.

Anyhow, I'm glad you ordered it. It looks like a very nice quality part and it will look great in the engine bay. Thanks for the challenge btw. I love searching for hard to find parts, weird I know.
Gotta say bro, as always you DA MAN!! You always seem to come through with the answer for what folks are looking for!! And we appreciate that.