BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #701
thamunkee

Drives: 2017 ZL1 BLK
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishjr8 View Post
Looks familiar ... enjoy!!
indeed we have the same car how many miles do you have on it? i just hit 750 today.
thamunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #702
fishjr8

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE PDR SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamunkee View Post
indeed we have the same car how many miles do you have on it? i just hit 750 today.
324 ... haven't had her out much.
fishjr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #703
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I should have stuck with my first choice of silver. Believe it or not, white shows every speck of dust and is easy to get swirl marks which can be seen when in direct sunlight from simply running a California car duster over it lightly. So, now I can't touch it unless I do a full wash. No quick detailer or duster. I'm thinking I may have a soft clear coat or something... I've run my daily drivers through stupid car washes, salt, rain, mud, etc. with zero scratches or swirl marks. This thing, I touch it and it gets fine scratches. Next stop, full detail and ceramic coating. See if that helps.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #704
Tabester

Drives: 18 Camaro Zl1 1LE 06 Pontiac GTO
Just got my 2018 1LE about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. Went to buy a used c7 and came out with this! After I test drove it, I fell in love with it. Ive had a 2006 GTO since I was 21, they wanted to give me $4,250 for a trade in I told em to fu*k off so I kept her. This Camaro is a blast to drive. Happy to be apart of the family now.
Attached Images

Tabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #705
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le
Congratulations!! Beautiful car!! You’ll love it for sure!! There’s a reason you see my WS6 in my signature picture. That cars is worth WWAAAYYYY more to me than I’d ever get out of it. Especially when taking into consideration all the mods I’ve done to it. And speaking of mods, have really done all those mods to your 1le in just the 2 1/2 weeks you’ve owned it!? Now that’s bitten by the mod bug!!

Have fun, enjoy
Old 04-13-2018, 06:46 AM   #706
Tabester

Drives: 18 Camaro Zl1 1LE 06 Pontiac GTO
Hahaha yea that’s exactly what I said I’ve had my GTO for 12 years I’m not letting it go for that cheap, that car has been great to me. Yea man sure have, the car has alittle over a 1000 miles on it so far. I think Chevy should’ve already had the side skirts, black bowtie, darkened taillights and a bose system on it from factory.

Last edited by Tabester; 04-13-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Tabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #707
fishjr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I should have stuck with my first choice of silver. Believe it or not, white shows every speck of dust and is easy to get swirl marks which can be seen when in direct sunlight from simply running a California car duster over it lightly. So, now I can't touch it unless I do a full wash. No quick detailer or duster. I'm thinking I may have a soft clear coat or something... I've run my daily drivers through stupid car washes, salt, rain, mud, etc. with zero scratches or swirl marks. This thing, I touch it and it gets fine scratches. Next stop, full detail and ceramic coating. See if that helps.
Yea, had mine detailed and ceramic coated 2 weeks ago. Learned my lesson when I owned black and dark blue cars ... Now, just wash with water and use leave blower to dry!
Old 04-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #708
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
I always thought white was one of the easiest exterior colors to keep clean, and that has been my experience as well. It sounds like you perfectly described black.
Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #709
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Stig View Post
I always thought white was one of the easiest exterior colors to keep clean, and that has been my experience as well. It sounds like you perfectly described black.
Yeah, right? It looks fine until the sun reflects in it and then all the swirls come out. I washed the car once so far. I used the two bucket method, 8 separate towels, etc. The rest of the time it sat in the garage for winter. Crazy.

And with 1000 miles on it now, I already have a rock chip on the rear quarter despite the zl1 addons rock guards. This thing is a magnet! Just going to park it until I can get it professionally detailed, paint corrected, ceramic coated and Xpel added.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #710
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Yeah, right? It looks fine until the sun reflects in it and then all the swirls come out. I washed the car once so far. I used the two bucket method, 8 separate towels, etc. The rest of the time it sat in the garage for winter. Crazy.

And with 1000 miles on it now, I already have a rock chip on the rear quarter despite the zl1 addons rock guards. This thing is a magnet! Just going to park it until I can get it professionally detailed, paint corrected, ceramic coated and Xpel added.
If you bought your car off a dealer's lot, chances are the swirls were the result of the dealer washing the car. They all show swirls, doesn't matter what color you get. Silver will do it too. Just gotta take proper care to remove the swirls and then do the upkeep to keep them from coming back.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #711
fishjr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
If you bought your car off a dealer's lot, chances are the swirls were the result of the dealer washing the car. They all show swirls, doesn't matter what color you get. Silver will do it too. Just gotta take proper care to remove the swirls and then do the upkeep to keep them from coming back.
Could not agree more!
Old 04-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #712
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I did. The car had just arrived and I asked them not to wash it but they did anyway. I spent about 5 hours removing the few initial swirls with a DA polisher, a bunch more showed up after some dusting and spray detailer after dusting.

I've had several show cars that I've used the same products and methods on with show winning results. Granted, they had high dollar paint jobs with numerous layers of clear, but my DDs are swirl less too. Not GMs.

Probably just the paint GM uses. I'm not used to it. Ceramic coating should do the trick.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #713
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
2017 SS 1LE with Wife's new Z-71 Colorado Midnight

Pic of my 17 SS 1LE & Wife's new Colorado. She traded in 2nd gen Caddy SRX and loves this. Funny, the neighbors think she did it for me. Good pair of rides for a couple who have been together 30 years
Attached Images

Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #714
LJenkins1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Been mine for about a week and half. 350 miles so far.
Attached Images