Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #169
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I still haven't seen one on the road.
Drive down to Saint Augustine and you will see mine!
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #170
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Drive down to Saint Augustine and you will see mine!
Saw one on Sunday for the first time same color as yours with the NPP exhaust and it was a SS. It sounded amazing!!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #171
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Yes...It is all about preference.

Like I said, Chevy is getting dinged by posters on this forum (and other forums) for having multiple options available at different price points for different types of customers.

However, I would also pick a 1SS over a loaded V6 any day of the week.
A V6 is not out of the question for me. Like I would take this 1LT with a RS package for $24K!! This is a steal!!

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/18E73530

We paid a lot more for our 2014 1LT/RS even after the GM Supplier discount.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #172
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
A V6 is not out of the question for me. Like I would take this 1LT with a RS package for $24K!! This is a steal!!

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/18E73530

We paid a lot more for our 2014 1LT/RS even after the GM Supplier discount.
Careful about this dealer. I was thinking of buying from them but see what forum member said when he went there last week.

I didn't end up going down. $1000 of that savings was exclusive for leases and farm bureau customers. The dealer also tacks on an unavoidable $1500 in doc fees and vehicle prep. I say unavoidable because it would be basically impossible to negotiate those away with the already $4000 discount. So in reality, the discount is around $2,500-2,800, but that seems to be what people are able to negotiate in their home towns. Plus I will be able to get supplier pricing so it just didn't end up being worth it.

Good luck to you!

Parker

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #173
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIanB View Post
Careful about this dealer. I was thinking of buying from them but see what forum member said when he went there last week.

I didn't end up going down. $1000 of that savings was exclusive for leases and farm bureau customers. The dealer also tacks on an unavoidable $1500 in doc fees and vehicle prep. I say unavoidable because it would be basically impossible to negotiate those away with the already $4000 discount. So in reality, the discount is around $2,500-2,800, but that seems to be what people are able to negotiate in their home towns. Plus I will be able to get supplier pricing so it just didn't end up being worth it.

Good luck to you!

Parker

Ian B
Awww man.. I knew it was too good to be true. I was thinking it was worth the drive down.. Thanks for the heads up!!!
Old 01-07-2016, 09:14 PM   #174
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicpuppy View Post
The reason I haven’t bought a Camaro SS is because they have Summer Only Tires. If you read the information in the owner’s manual you are not even supposed to drive the vehicle in temperatures under 40 degrees. If that is the case, 1) the dealer should not be letting anyone drive the car and 2) why would you buy a car you can’t drive until the spring.

I live in the south and the temperatures are already below 40 degrees. I have a 2014 SS/RS but I still drive it in the winter but not under 25 degrees, so far no problems.

It doesn’t seem too bright for GM to bring out a car in the dead of winter that can’t be driven. Yet the payments continue during the winter.

The dealers in the Greensboro NC area are beginning to get some Camaros in but I have only seen one on the road so far. Most on the lots are SS’s in the 45K to 51K range. There is a Nightfall Gray SS at Parks Chevrolet in Charlotte that list for $47780 discounted to $45000.

I think you will see a lot of people cross shop for a Mustang GT. I don’t think it is as good of a car as the Camaro but most people shop on price point.
You haven't looked at performance cars before have you? All cars from all manufacturers that are considered performance cars have summer tires. Some will offer an all season option, but any car close to the Camaro will come with Summer Only tires.

Most people buying up North will store it or swap to snow tires. I have all seasons on my SS now.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:19 PM   #175
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I still haven't seen one on the road.
Perhaps because they've only been for sale for about a month.

Just starting to roll into dealerships here. Most either don't or haven't gotten them.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #176
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Not seen one here yet.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #177
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You haven't looked at performance cars before have you? All cars from all manufacturers that are considered performance cars have summer tires. Some will offer an all season option, but any car close to the Camaro will come with Summer Only tires.

Most people buying up North will store it or swap to snow tires. I have all seasons on my SS now.

IIRC The Mustang GT comes standard with all seasons, you dont get summer tires unless you get the PP
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #178
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
IIRC The Mustang GT comes standard with all seasons, you dont get summer tires unless you get the PP
I'm not sure if that is really stupid on Ford's part or not.

It puts their base GT at a significant disadvantage for any magazine test or comparison.

So Ford must be assuming that most people interested in performance are opting for the PP, including the magazines and journalists.

For most of my driving, I'm happy with the AS tires on my SS. I may even leave them on come Spring.

But I know GM has pretty much been summer only on all performance cars simply due to the degradation in braking and handling.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #179
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I thought the A/S were standard on the lower trims, but the 235 summer tires were standard on the GT. If you want the wider 255/275 summer tires, Super Sport or Cup tires you had to move up from the basic GT.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:42 PM   #180
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I thought the A/S were standard on the lower trims, but the 235 summer tires were standard on the GT. If you want the wider 255/275 summer tires, Super Sport or Cup tires you had to move up from the basic GT.
I just read an article (copied below):

Even on the automatic’s loose set of Pirelli P Zero Nero all-season tires, the GT is able to get out of the hole as quick as the stick running the optional summer rubber. We saw 60 mph pass in 4.5 seconds and the quarter-mile in 13.0 seconds at 113 mph, identical to the manual’s times. Still, the low-grip rubber prevented recording anything better than a 0.83-g skidpad run, far less than the 0.95 posted by the last stick-shift car we tested on the summer Pirelli P Zeros.

I think that is saying the auto gets AS and the manual gets summer only.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #181
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
The standard tire on the GT is an all season. There are optional wheels in 18" and 19" sizes that both come with all season tires. Of course the 19" wheels that come with the performance package are shod with summer only tires. The optional 20" wheels come with summer only tires. We went with the 20" wheels on my wife's car. No worries with summer only tires down here in south Louisiana.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #182
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I just read an article (copied below):

Even on the automatic’s loose set of Pirelli P Zero Nero all-season tires, the GT is able to get out of the hole as quick as the stick running the optional summer rubber. We saw 60 mph pass in 4.5 seconds and the quarter-mile in 13.0 seconds at 113 mph, identical to the manual’s times. Still, the low-grip rubber prevented recording anything better than a 0.83-g skidpad run, far less than the 0.95 posted by the last stick-shift car we tested on the summer Pirelli P Zeros.

I think that is saying the auto gets AS and the manual gets summer only.
Ah, well that seems like a weird decision.