Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2023, 02:27 AM   #1
Chevrolet7271

Drives: Chevrolet Suburban
Questions before ordering Camaro

Hello, I'm new here and I did some research but still had some questions since there is no definitive answer to these. In the summer I'm hoping to go in and place an order for a 2024 ZL1 (if possible to get) but had some questions since I've never bought a new car let alone order one.
1. When I go into the dealership to place an order what do I need to bring other than the deposit and a printout of the specs I want from the chevy build & price page, do I bring my pay stubs?
2. Do you talk about financing before or after the car arrives? I'd like to get pre approved from my credit union but if I order the car the pre approved loan would probably expire before the car arrives
3. Do you negotiate the price the day of ordering or after the car arrives?
Also I understand the price will probably not change much. On another note I read to get the final price in writing and signed by both parties so when it arrives they don't try and mark up the price. P.S. excuse the cliche username I couldn't come up with anything
Chevrolet7271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 04:31 PM   #2
CYN_CRVR

Drives: 2023 V6 RS 6MT
I would poke around in this subforum if you haven't already: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226

There's no need to talk financing when ordering a custom configuration. I submitted an order three weeks ago, and all I needed to show was my driver's license and a credit card for the $500 refundable deposit.

Last edited by CYN_CRVR; 04-08-2023 at 04:33 PM. Reason: clarification
CYN_CRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 07:30 PM   #3
Chevrolet7271

Drives: Chevrolet Suburban
Thanks for the link and the info, I hadn't seen those threads before.
Chevrolet7271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:07 PM   #4
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
I paid a $500 refundable deposit when ordering my LT1 in Feb. The final price (msrp) was established, but there was no discussion of financing. That happens the day you pick it up.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:56 PM   #5
Matt1LE

Drives: 2020 3LT Camaro 3.6L 1LE
What I learned when I ordered my car.

First, if you can find an insider person to work with at the dealership, that's the main route you want to go. They can be from another dealer ship, say Lexus. They all cross team work to help out "family". That's how I got friends and family pricing. Look on line for fleet pricing build calculator. That's pretty close to friends and family pricing. You can also go through a credit union, Costco, or Sams club. Sometimes you can get a good price.

1. When I go into the dealership to place an order what do I need to bring other than the deposit and a printout of the specs I want from the Chevy build & price page, do I bring my pay stubs?

Yes, they want deposit. Be sure you know what you want. IF you are not sure of something and think you might want to add it on a year later or so. Get it now because its cheaper. Any add on's or dealer installed items are built into the cost of the car. They do not charge extra labor to add something. Say a spoiler or something. No, finance is when you pick up car.

2. Do you talk about financing before or after the car arrives? I'd like to get pre approved from my credit union but if I order the car the pre approved loan would probably expire before the car arrives

Finance is when you pick up car. So is any Chevy special offers.

3. Do you negotiate the price the day of ordering or after the car arrives?

No, car pricing is determined when you order the car. Any cash back, finance specials are done the day you pick it up. NOTE: friends and family pricing is the cheapest the dealer can give you, or they will loose their franchise license. Not counts Chevy offers (cash back ect...)

Good luck, and happy motoring
Matt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote