Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2020, 04:42 PM   #15
mosaic6

Drives: ZL1 1LE M6, Pontiac TransAm 400-T10
fuel pump prime wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonGofast View Post
1. When unlocking the car, there is a high pitched whining noise that comes from it, is that normal? It goes away after awhile but happens whenever it is unlocked.
This is probably the fuel pump, priming the line in preparation for starting. Stand near the fuel filler door or under the rear by the exhaust tips when unlocking and see if you can hear the sound even louder? Some people probably notice it more than others.
mosaic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:43 PM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Just arrived today! Unfortunately the dealer didn't give me paper tags so nowhere I can drive it but home.

Questions now that I have it.
1. When unlocking the car, there is a high pitched whining noise that comes from it, is that normal? It goes away after awhile but happens whenever it is unlocked.
2. It won't remote start. I lock it, then hold the start button and the lights flash for a second and then....nothing. It starts normally without the remote, and it only has 200 miles on it.
3. This is the automatic. When going into reverse it jerks just a bit. Is that normal?
Hmm.

1) The whining noise you describe sounds like the one mine makes. It almost sounds like small fan heat sinks for the HID lights or something but I'm not sure. Either way, mine has always done it. I don't think you're talking about the fuel prime that occurs when the door is opened.
2) That's odd. It should only refuse to remote start if there's a code or check engine light on. Any dash errors? Check for codes and report back.
3) Normal for it to bump a little bit in reverse and drive even, mostly when it's cold though. Once it's warm mine doesn't really do it at all.

Enjoy.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #17
Tyrolblue67

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
And if it will be a DD, then invest in some tires as the factory ones do not do well in rain.
I agree.
Within a week of purchasing my 2019, I swapped out the factory Goodyears for a set of Michelin PS4s.
Also, the blindspots are a non-issue with the rear camera and blind spot alerts built in the side rear view mirrors.
Just be careful of the low front end when parking (no camera or warning system there)
You'll love the car!
Good luck,
Tyrolblue67
Tyrolblue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #18
Apexslayer

Drives: Zl1 1le
Mine makes that whining noise... ...dealer said it was the brake releasing. Not sure I believe that.
Apexslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:34 PM   #19
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Hmm.

1) The whining noise you describe sounds like the one mine makes. It almost sounds like small fan heat sinks for the HID lights or something but I'm not sure. Either way, mine has always done it. I don't think you're talking about the fuel prime that occurs when the door is opened.
2) That's odd. It should only refuse to remote start if there's a code or check engine light on. Any dash errors? Check for codes and report back.
3) Normal for it to bump a little bit in reverse and drive even, mostly when it's cold though. Once it's warm mine doesn't really do it at all.

Enjoy.
Yes I felt it had something to do with the lights. It goes off when they go off.
Also no dash errors or anything. A green car appears here and there when im cruising but I don't think that's an error. I'll have to set up onstar and see if there is some other reason it won't do it.

Other than that thanks for input. Time to put a few hundred miles on it so I can actually have some real fun!
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:21 AM   #20
harrist5683

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1 A10
Quote:
Just arrived today! Unfortunately the dealer didn't give me paper tags so nowhere I can drive it but home.

Questions now that I have it.
2. It won't remote start. I lock it, then hold the start button and the lights flash for a second and then....nothing. It starts normally without the remote, and it only has 200 miles on it.
3. This is the automatic. When going into reverse it jerks just a bit. Is that normal?
1. It's my understanding that the high pitched noise when unlocking the car is coming from the headlights. I've had a ZL1, Hellcat, and Z06 that all do the same thing. Wait for the headlights to turn off and see if the noise disappears.

2. I don't have a ZL1 anymore, but I remember there's a specific way you have to remote start the vehicle. Try clicking the lock button twice and then holding down the remote start button right afterwards.

3. Normal with the A10 trans.

Mod List:
Corsa Extreme Axle-Back | Borla X-Pipe (#60607) | Roto-Fab CAI | GM Dark Tail Lamps | GM Dark Third Brake Lamp | DD Dark Side Markers | GM CF Fuel Door | Rear Reflector Blackout Kit | Xpel Clear Bra | Modesta BC-08 Ceramic Coat

Last edited by harrist5683; 05-18-2020 at 07:49 AM.
harrist5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:46 AM   #21
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
you have to hit the lock button twice then hold the remote start button a few seconds
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #22
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
The little green car icon on the DIC is for the distance monitoring stuff. It will turn yellow when you start getting too close to the car in front of you. And red when you are in danger of hitting it.

That system can be turned off in the setting screen.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:11 AM   #23
getchapull
TEXIT

Drives: 2019 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
The little green car icon on the DIC is for the distance monitoring stuff. It will turn yellow when you start getting too close to the car in front of you. And red when you are in danger of hitting it.

That system can be turned off in the setting screen.
Does it have to be turned off every time the car is started? I just turn it off at the wheel but it would be nice to permanently turn off via settings.
getchapull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:19 AM   #24
2018$S1le

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE Summit White M6, PDR
The noise you hear when unlocking the car is the fuel pump priming for startup. As for the remote start, never had one but the owners manual will be a good place to obtain that info.
2018$S1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #25
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Quote:
HIf I were to hop in the '19 ZL1 afterwards would the only difference to expect be the power and handling characteristics?
Visibility does not bother me - raise the seat, you can see fine

The ZL1 makes an SS (and certainly a V6) feel like a rental - night and day. It is truly a budget supercar
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #26
Blackzl1Cam

Drives: 2019 BLACK ZL1
I have a 2019 ZL1. visibility is not an issue since they put the camera mirror in, so seeing out the back is not a problem anymore.
my 2018 Traverse has it and I love it.The only thing is the camera mirror in the camaro is not as good as the traverse, which i do not understand. it has a zoom in and zoom out option. I also have my side mirrors set a little wide. the blind spot indicators blink but i wish the had a sound or seat vibration also if you were to try and change lanes.
It is my daily driver I bought in in Feb.. I love it,
they say say the fixed the recline on the seats, but for me the seat does not go back far enough or recline enough. I am only 5'7"
But i still love the car. you would thing for the money they could of fixed the mistakes i mentioned.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #27
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
Well I still have an issue with the remote start for whatever reason. The car's lights flash but then nothing happens.

Other than that everything else is great!
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:23 PM   #28
SoulCyphyr71

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro RS
Only thing I can think of is make sure the hood is fully closed. Remote start will not activate if the car senses the hood is open.
SoulCyphyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote