Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #5895
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Have they benchmarked how not to overspray a new car and learn how to do consistent panel gaps/non sagging bumpers, have their dealers install a splitter corectly etc? I mean it has only been a 100 plus years or so for them to practice how to build a car. Kidding aside, I'm legit curious to see how the initial build quality is on the GT500.

I couldn't resist, even if true. I just had some fun with an old friend over on M6G!
What? Ya think I didn’t notice? I’ve been staying out of that mess.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #5896
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
What? Ya think I didn’t notice? I’ve been staying out of that mess.
You are a wise man, one day I will attain such wisdom.

I am legit curious to go down to my Ford dealer and check out a GT500 they are getting to see the build quality in person. Honestly for their customers I really do hope they upped their game. The GT350s were brutal in that regard and others of course.

GM isn’t perfect, but they’ve at least figured out basic panel gaps etc.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:31 PM   #5897
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think most people who are happy about the GT500 beating the C8 must know that the 500 will have it's hands full when it faces the ZLE. Which is why they're this happy that the 500 got a win against something GM. If the 500 can't manage to best the ZLE, that will really show how bad the 500 is and just how good the ZLE is. It says a lot that GM didn't feel it was necessary to touch the ZLE outside of adding the A10 trans as an option. Like they were that confident that they kinda just said "ok go for it, we've moved on, good luck". LOL!! The 500 has stacked every advantage in it's corner. So if it loses at anything anywhere then that is just a terrible look. Or a worse look.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:51 PM   #5898
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Have they benchmarked how not to overspray a new car and learn how to do consistent panel gaps/non sagging bumpers, have their dealers install a splitter corectly etc? I mean it has only been a 100 plus years or so for them to practice how to build a car. Kidding aside, I'm legit curious to see how the initial build quality is on the GT500.

I couldn't resist, even if true. I just had some fun with an old friend over on M6G!
I've heard it's quite good, and leaps and bounds above a GT.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:53 PM   #5899
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think most people who are happy about the GT500 beating the C8 must know that the 500 will have it's hands full when it faces the ZLE. Which is why they're this happy that the 500 got a win against something GM. If the 500 can't manage to best the ZLE, that will really show how bad the 500 is and just how good the ZLE is. It says a lot that GM didn't feel it was necessary to touch the ZLE outside of adding the A10 trans as an option. Like they were that confident that they kinda just said "ok go for it, we've moved on, good luck". LOL!! The 500 has stacked every advantage in it's corner. So if it loses at anything anywhere then that is just a terrible look. Or a worse look.
Well it's already lost 0 to 60, but that's like 99% meaningless lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:12 AM   #5900
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Well it's already lost 0 to 60, but that's like 99% meaningless lol.
Speaking of 0-60, I saw a clip of the C8 Z51 doing a take off fresh off a dirt/gravel road. That thing hooked something crazy. And the shift was soo fast it made the ZL1 A10 shift seem like a manual. The C8 Base and Z51 are going to be amazing cars. I'm glad I got my allocation!!
Old 01-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #5901
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
Because it's a car, not a person. You talk about it like it dissed your mother and apparently even with all the reasons you're listing it's going to sell out so it's really just all a cry fest for no reason when nobody is NOT buying the car.
Why is it selling? Why are people excited about it if it's such a complete and utter failure of modern engineering? You're clearly just mad that it's popular. (NOBODY IS IGNORING THE CORVETTE)
Is it true or are you just mad about a car you don't like and hate that it's actually putting up decent numbers? Bias is OK but damn you're like an extremist.

I'd rather read about the performance and actual comparisons, and unfortunately you stay FAR OUT among the people that won't stop attacking the car so to "just ignore my posts bro" is a bit hard.

I do think some of your posts are informative but you will NOT stop posting about the price and you pepper it in to literally every post you make and it's on repeat.
And no I don't think blocking you is worth it (if that was your next suggestion), I may just try to skip over anything you post where I see "$" as content lol.
I THINK YOUR MESSAGE IS CLEAR BY NOW, let's talk about what the cars do instead of how badly you hate one of them and all of your money theories.
It's not just the new 500, it has been each and every recent Mustang, Cobra, 15-17GT, 18+GT, PP2, GT350(R), etc, etc, in his mind they are all a POS as he has stated many times. You would think the Mustang stole his GF, Wife, BF, or Husband the hatred is so deep.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:24 AM   #5902
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
It's not just the new 500, it has been each and every recent Mustang, Cobra, 15-17GT, 18+GT, PP2, GT350(R), etc, etc, in his mind they are all a POS as he has stated many times. You would think the Mustang stole his GF, Wife, BF, or Husband the hatred is so deep.
Yea newmoon? You're one to talk. And what of the trash you spew? Several members here already caught on to your trolling. I at least stood up for you a few times. Never again tho. Like I said, you really showed your character.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #5903
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
I call stock, stock parts. adjustments to a stock car without adding any new parts is still stock. The mustang guys crying about an alignment are just being silly as well.
You're at a venue to get the best out of a car, so adjustments are kind of a no-brainer. It's still stock in my eyes.
Agreed. There are some people from both camps that think removing all the seats is still stock which is iffy, but technically not a mod. Especially for Demon/1320 guys since they can buy it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
In this comparison, the $18,500 CFTP option improved the lap time 3.38 seconds over the base GT500. How much of that gain is rims ...vs tires, etc.?

I’d guess the majority is rims and tires. How much rims %, how much tires %
Don't say rims and tires is the main improvement, many people will argue with you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I believe a large percentage of that is stiffening of the suspension bits like they do with the 1le. Speaking with my M6G brethren, it sounds like it's almost the same 1le upgrade minus the racing dampers
Independent testing has shown the suspension really doesn't do much, its mostly the tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
What's a GT350 RR?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #5904
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
You are a wise man, one day I will attain such wisdom.

I am legit curious to go down to my Ford dealer and check out a GT500 they are getting to see the build quality in person. Honestly for their customers I really do hope they upped their game. The GT350s were brutal in that regard and others of course.

GM isn’t perfect, but they’ve at least figured out basic panel gaps etc.
Quote:
This has all sorts of issues for me. All Mustang buyers deserve proper basic build quality. The image of a Ford employee working harder on one car on the line than the rest really puts me off. Oh, the next car is just a GT, dont worry about getting things right, this buyer isn't worth it, just put your energy in to the GT500's.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:01 AM   #5905
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
This has all sorts of issues for me. All Mustang buyers deserve proper basic build quality. The image of a Ford employee working harder on one car on the line than the rest really puts me off. Oh, the next car is just a GT, dont worry about getting things right, this buyer isn't worth it, just put your energy in to the GT500's.
Agreed and what wasn't just the GTs, a lot of the GT350s were brutal to. I don't know if it was true or not, but I had read on M6G a long time ago a customers replacement car was put through some first class like build treatment. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but it goes right to what you are saying, they should all be treated as such. Even down to the Fiestas. But, this Ford and they have a really strange way of doing certain things there.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #5906
minn19

Quote:
Hopefully they are starting to take more pride in their work there/change some of the culture.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:25 AM   #5907
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Agreed and what wasn't just the GTs, a lot of the GT350s were brutal to. I don't know if it was true or not, but I had read on M6G a long time ago a customers replacement car was put through some first class like build treatment. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but it goes right to what you are saying, they should all be treated as such. Even down to the Fiestas. But, this Ford and they have a really strange way of doing certain things there.
I'm pretty certain Ford builds the GTs and EcoBoosts as fast as they possibly can. Not that their workers dont take pride in their jobs but they are shoving those things down the line as fast as possible. A ton of them end up at Hertz anyway so probably only hardcore car guys like us are complaining.

As far as GT500, the interior already looks almost identical to a premium GT. Not that the premium is bad necessarily but it belongs in a 35k car not a 74k or 94k car.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:59 AM   #5908
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Ford has been doing this for decades now. Back in the 90s the GT was barely a match for the Z28. In fact, I'd wager a Prelude could embarrass a GT back then. In the early 2000s even a Civic or Accord, if optioned properly, could whup a GT. Which is just sad. However Ford gave special treatment to the Cobras. If you wanted any chance of beating a Z28 you'd either need to supercharge a GT or get the Cobra. And in both cases a top end kit on the Z28 would still beat them.
Quote:
Hopefully they are starting to take more pride in their work there/change some of the culture.
They did. You just have to spend $75K or $94K plus markups...