Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #5349
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
So a car with 495hp can hang with one at 760hp? Wouldn't that be like running a zl1 with what... maybe an infinity q60? The real story should be that the vette which is around 10k cheaper, with 265hp less can run with a gt500. Mid engine or not, that's a 265hp advantage. Are you serious? Will they be comparing the c8zo6 when released to the cftp 500 next? I really hope so because my bet is they will be more comparable in terms of price, and both 2 seaters. You really can't be comparing the zle to the cftp 500 because of price and 2 seats vs 4 (sarcasm)
And it won at only one thing out of 4 things. 0-60 it lost. Quarter mile it lost. Figure 8 it lost. But it won on a track with a bunch of long straights. So it's a smashing success. I guess at this point just beating a Camaro or Corvette at something, ANYthing, is a huge success for the Ford camp.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #5350
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I know you're not a road course guy, but they tested these cars at a road course (and the configuration) with one of the biggest straights in the US, which gives a big advantage to cars with more HP, and it was less than a second's difference. VIR's full course has a 4000' and 3000' straght.

Put these two cars on most other road courses, and would probably see the C8 win. Put them on a tight technical road course, and the C8 will definately win.

The GT500 is fast, no doubt, the lap time is awesome. But, as has been said many times, the car is a few years too late to the party. There is not much ground breaking changes in the car from most any other pony car, just more power, a DCT, and CF wheels.

This also begs the question, with all the time they delayed the project to get a DCT in the car, why didn't they develop a torque vectoring differential instead of using a Torsen? Makes a huge difference coming out of the turns, and makes an even bigger difference with a heavy front engine car like the GT500, as it helps rotate the car. It definately would have improved the lap times even more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure how you are saying that it is too late. The BASE GT500 4 seat Mustang just beat out the mid-engine C8 by 1.28s both similar in price and options. Remember a base C8 isn't going to compete you will need the Mag and Performance Packages upgrades. We also know that the BASE 500 is capable of 10:60s @ 133 mph at the strip. Knowing this what would you prefer? I know what my answer would be.

A few weeks ago we were all singing the praises of the C8 thinking that it would probably be faster than the CF package never mind the BASE. So yes this is a big deal IMO. I am not naive though and I understand a Z06 package will soon be offered which will surely out pace even the CF package, but for what price? For now I am pretty impressed with what Ford has accomplished especially in the BASE package and pricing.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:26 PM   #5351
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Didn't the regular ZL1 take down the 350R which weighs 3,700 pounds? Do you guys think the C8 Z51 is quicker on the track than a ZL1 or the 350R?

Think this comparison has given Mustang boys too much confidence, as if they aren't dense as is. There have been Camaros that are better on the track than Corvettes for years.

All this chest pounding and a 110 less horsepower ZL1 may be quicker around a track than the GT500.. Lol.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #5352
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
... with that said, C6 and M6G are way more civilized than Corvette forum. Not sure why it's so toxic over there.
I disagree, I’ve been a part of quite a few forums and they all have their fanboys and outright a holes. Even when I had a GT350, I always thought M6G was/is by far the worst.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #5353
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Didn't the regular ZL1 take down the 350R which weighs 3,700 pounds? Do you guys think the C8 Z51 is quicker on the track than a ZL1 or the 350R?

Think this comparison has given Mustang boys too much confidence, as if they aren't dense as is. There have been Camaros that are better on the track than Corvettes for years.

All this chest pounding and a 110 less horsepower ZL1 may be quicker around a track than the GT500.. Lol.
I just riled up the M6G boys by saying that all of these cars close enough that it is a drivers race in mortal hands. A very few handful of people can hit the professional magazine times for a couple of reasons. One is talent of course and the other is not wanting to destroy your brand new car. Most don’t push as hard when it is your car on the line and not a sponsors etc one to drive. So a lot of these lap times and what beats what by a second etc are meaningless in the real world owners hands.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #5354
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I disagree, I’ve been a part of quite a few forums and they all have their fanboys and outright a holes. Even when I had a GT350, I always thought M6G was/is by far the worst.
Maybe so. It probably just depends on where you spend the most time. Almost need to ban yourself after a while just to clear your head of the BS.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #5355
minn19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Maybe so. It probably just depends on where you spend the most time. Almost need to ban yourself after a while just to clear your head of the BS.
Yup, I’ve done many self imposed bans, especially from there.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #5356
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
And when the results are reversed on a track or drag strip? Do you tip your hat? Or say but....but.....but......?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Just so you know, you are saying "but...but...but...it will win on a drag strip."
Quote:
Not a snowballs chance in hell. By the 1/8 mile a car with 265 more hp will pass you like your tied to a stump. Take the magazine win my friend. Drag racing is my wheelhouse.
What ST1LE is saying is that because the Stingray has a better magazine test time, you are saying “ but...but...but...GT500 will win on a drag strip."
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #5357
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
What ST1LE is saying is that because the Stingray has a better magazine test time, you are saying “ but...but...but...GT500 will win on a drag strip."
Ah ok I give up. But in the spirit of the season. I hope the C8 does extremely well. In the street.And at the drag strip.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #5358
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Ahhhhh go back and reread. That's exactly what he said.
No dude, go back and re-reread what he said lol
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #5359
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure how you are saying that it is too late. The BASE GT500 4 seat Mustang just beat out the mid-engine C8 by 1.28s both similar in price and options. Remember a base C8 isn't going to compete you will need the Mag and Performance Packages upgrades. We also know that the BASE 500 is capable of 10:60s @ 133 mph at the strip. Knowing this what would you prefer? I know what my answer would be.

A few weeks ago we were all singing the praises of the C8 thinking that it would probably be faster than the CF package never mind the BASE. So yes this is a big deal IMO. I am not naive though and I understand a Z06 package will soon be offered which will surely out pace even the CF package, but for what price? For now I am pretty impressed with what Ford has accomplished especially in the BASE package and pricing.
It's also capable of an 11.5 on an unprepped and prepped surface as well. Don't forget that.

What whiteboy was saying is that the gt500 did awesome and put up great numbers, but you're delusional if you don't think the c8 could be capable of beating the base's track times at a track with less long straights, even VIR Grand might be different who knows. Look at the video and see where the gt500 made up ground.

You know damn well that a z51 equipped corvette is only in the mid 60s and that's all it needs to be competitive performance wise. The "similarly priced" one in the MT comparo had a lot of non performance features.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #5360
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
So a car with 495hp can hang with one at 760hp? Wouldn't that be like running a zl1 with what... maybe an infinity q60? The real story should be that the vette which is around 10k cheaper, with 265hp less can run with a gt500. Mid engine or not, that's a 265hp advantage. Are you serious? Will they be comparing the c8zo6 when released to the cftp 500 next? I really hope so because my bet is they will be more comparable in terms of price, and both 2 seaters. You really can't be comparing the zle to the cftp 500 because of price and 2 seats vs 4 (sarcasm)
This... but but but it's a mid engine corvette... we learned a few things, the gt500 cftp is very capable, the base is more capable than many thought it'd be, and the underpowered(relatively speaking lol) car that can be had for less can compete with the gt500s and even beat them at certain things.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:07 PM   #5361
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
I just riled up the M6G boys by saying that all of these cars close enough that it is a drivers race in mortal hands. A very few handful of people can hit the professional magazine times for a couple of reasons. One is talent of course and the other is not wanting to destroy your brand new car. Most don’t push as hard when it is your car on the line and not a sponsors etc one to drive. So a lot of these lap times and what beats what by a second etc are meaningless in the real world owners hands.
Very true on all accounts... at my home track I play it safe and back off in one spot coming off a turn toward the wall. One slip and it's a trip to the body shop. It kills my time for sure.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:15 AM   #5362
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
To just like cars in general i find svtp fairly quick to call out the fanboys. But yeah, i almost felt bad when i went from gt to gt350 section on M6G because i had not eaten enough grey poupon.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote