Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #29
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
GM created its own demise for the 6th Gen, Not listening to customers etc... I know many 6th gen owners who went to mustang/dodge and like those cars much better
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #30
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I they get rid of Camaro, then just rid of Chevy too. In fact just let GM Fold. Same with Ford, Chrysler. Just have all buy foreign cars, open the borders and turn the US into a sh!thole and become dependent on China and Japan for our products. Turn the US over to the highest bidder.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:55 AM   #31
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I they get rid of Camaro, then just rid of Chevy too. In fact just let GM Fold. Same with Ford, Chrysler. Just have all buy foreign cars, open the borders and turn the US into a sh!thole and become dependent on China and Japan for our products. Turn the US over to the highest bidder.
that escalated quickly.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #32
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
I think you are GREATLY overvaluing the Camaro's value to GM.

And if you want someone to blame for the proliferation of cheap chinese products you can start with your fellow Americans who want everything at the cheapest price possible. Sure, there are plenty of contributing factors but how many Americans do you think would pay 1.5-2x more for a US made product vs the same exact product made in China, even with the nasty machining oil they use that provides that sweet harbor freight smell?

I know some people who do. They aren't the majority.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #33
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
I've got an idea Chevy-why not give the car some practicality (usable back seat and trunk), then actually ADVERTISE the damn thing? Worked for Dodge....
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #34
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I've seen rumors suggesting gm is waiting to see what happens with the market before making a decision on the next camaros direction. The next viable rear wheel drive platform will be ready for 2025 as suggested already, and the camaro will either get discontinued in 2023 or extend to 2025.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:58 PM   #35
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
To me it looks like the entire American auto industry is stuck. They don't really have a vision of anything other than going electric and autonomous. The electric part still has its issues, and the autonomous part I don't see a lot of the public being much in favor of. Right now the industry is just basically riding the truck/SUV bandwagon for as long as it lasts, hoping it doesn't end, but it will and when it saturates and flattens out, then what? They've already given up the passenger car market to all the foreign companies. Can you see the truck/SUV market wanting to pay those prices for an autonomous version? I don't. So where do the auto companies think they're going?

Part of the problem to some degree is that they're still basically doing things they way they have for the last 70 years or more, but the world is vastly different than it was then. Times have changed. Media and communication has also changed. The American family doesn't all sit around watching TV after dinner every night the way they used to. Attention-wise, they're all over the place now.

The whole industry needs to reinvent itself in many ways, including manufacturing and distributing as well as marketing, but they aren't. They've become stagnant and it's showing. The world industry/market is now a reality, and that's something they have to deal with, which includes labor; something the unions do NOT want to deal with. They'd better wake up and smell the coffee before the hand writing on the wall 'splains it to them. Don't expect that the taxpayers are going to be willing to keep bailing them out either. They need to change and come up with a fresh approach to everything, or they'll just whither away. It won't happen this year or the next, but there's a steady degradation that's not going to stop if they don't figure it out. Blaming the customer isn't the solution. Everything else has changed, they need to change too.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #36
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
GM was quick to make styling and packaging changes for the 2020 model year, but the Camaro nameplate may once again be shelved after the 2023 model year, according to one report. An expected redesign of the car in 2021 was reportedly canceled.
If this has any credit (big "if), the 2021 redesign is interesting and kind of believable. It would mean GM is still struggling to strike a chord with buyers after the 2019/2020 refreshes. It might be wise to leave things alone, since some people are starting to make fun of the car for how many different font ends its had since 2016 -- original SS, original RS, ZL1, refresh SS, refresh RS, and finally tweaked refresh fascia. That's 6 freaking fascias in just 4 years. Compare that to the 5th gen which basically had 3 front ends, granted the SS and RS were very similar to each other both pre and post refresh.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #37
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
To me it looks like the entire American auto industry is stuck. They don't really have a vision of anything other than going electric and autonomous. The electric part still has its issues, and the autonomous part I don't see a lot of the public being much in favor of.

I agree with this. Electric vehicles are cheaper to make. Autonomous vehicle development is very politically correct for a bailed out company like GM. Plus, who knows how much money in grants they are getting to develop autonomous cars.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:07 PM   #38
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
I agree with this. Electric vehicles are cheaper to make. Autonomous vehicle development is very politically correct for a bailed out company like GM. Plus, who knows how much money in grants they are getting to develop autonomous cars.
Due to the high cost of batteries EVs remain more expensive to make. This is slowly changing but Battery costs aren’t there yet.

https://www.transportation.gov/av/grants
Old 08-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #39
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:

No!...The attempt is to prevent that now.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #40
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I think you are GREATLY overvaluing the Camaro's value to GM.

And if you want someone to blame for the proliferation of cheap chinese products you can start with your fellow Americans who want everything at the cheapest price possible. Sure, there are plenty of contributing factors but how many Americans do you think would pay 1.5-2x more for a US made product vs the same exact product made in China, even with the nasty machining oil they use that provides that sweet harbor freight smell?

I know some people who do. They aren't the majority.

I would if it meant American jobs. The American job you save may be your own.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #41
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
If this has any credit (big "if), the 2021 redesign is interesting and kind of believable. It would mean GM is still struggling to strike a chord with buyers after the 2019/2020 refreshes. It might be wise to leave things alone, since some people are starting to make fun of the car for how many different font ends its had since 2016 -- original SS, original RS, ZL1, refresh SS, refresh RS, and finally tweaked refresh fascia. That's 6 freaking fascias in just 4 years. Compare that to the 5th gen which basically had 3 front ends, granted the SS and RS were very similar to each other both pre and post refresh.
This is full of misinformation, let's be real here. The 20 isn't a ln emergency refresh either, more of an emergency minor tweak.

The only tweak was they covered the flowtie and painted it body color.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #42
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
100% agreed, now what we need is a 2021 Camaro "Halloween" edition.....
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote