Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-12-2021, 10:33 AM   #43
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
. Especially don't waste it being angry at something you can't control... none of us is going to stop time and progress.
What do you mean? I can still buy a horse.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:51 AM   #44
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
What do you mean? I can still buy a horse.
…but you can’t ride your horse on the highway

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #45
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
Technology and time aren't waiting around for anyone. I would imagine over a hundred years ago there were people sitting around a saloon saying something along the lines of, "Take away my real pony for that machine? Mankind doesn't need a machine to get me from point A to point B. My horse and I can do it, I don't care how fast it can travel either. Nothing like man and horse on the trail." Or perhaps pilots talking about how "real flying" doesn't require jet propulsion to keep them aloft.

It kind of comes back to that old cliche, "That isn't music!" Older generations will always have trouble adapting while younger generations grow up with whatever is pushing the future, be it travel technology, medical technology, music, mathematics, whatever the case may be. The good news is none of us is living forever. Live a good life and have some fun. Slow down, look around at what you already have done and can do. Don't let negative thoughts turn you sour, we only get this one life don't waste it being angry. Especially don't waste it being angry at something you can't control... none of us is going to stop time and progress.
Oh boy - Im having plenty of fun and will have even more as I acquire gas powered toy/weekend cars. Im not angry - just frustrated that they are trying to ram some things down our throats that not only arent anywhere near being ready but also arent as popular as they seem to think. "They" being the do gooder politicians who of course will be able to weasel out of most of this stuff anyways. This isnt about slowing down technology or any of the horse-buggy stuff. Its about freedom of choice and having options.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote