Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-04-2021, 11:08 PM   #15
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded

look at that splitter lol..utterly terrible. this mofo thinks putting another splitter on that thing is gonna improve it.
stands out like a sore thumb that thing. the cars ugly enough as it is lol.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
This is my favorite part of the Mach 1
Quote:
"You can 'pop out' the round parts of the grille and do your own lighting customization," Ford spokesperson Mike Levin told CarBuzz. We bet it will only be a matter of time until aftermarket companies start selling specially designed lighting kits for the Mach 1.

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-ford-ma...resting-secret
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #17
hotlap

The Mach 1, like the GT350 and other V8 S550s, has sections of the front grill blocked off. It looks silly and must collect dirt. (image in #16 above)

Chevy goes all out to maximize airflow through the front fascia directing it to the brakes and three radiators. The entire front is open.

Damn, that is one masculine look.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 09-05-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:26 AM   #18
Camaro fanboy

camaro looks amazing
mustang looks like a catfish mondeo.
looks wise no comparison. our cars look a million dollars
Old 09-06-2021, 03:22 AM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The Mach 1, like the GT350 and other V8 S550s, has sections of the front grill blocked off. It looks silly and must collect dirt. (image in #16 above)

Chevy goes all out to maximize airflow through the front fascia directing it to the brakes and three radiators. The entire front is open.

Damn, that is one masculine look.
I don't think the Mustang front looks bad but I do think it is not optimal for cooling. At least not under extreme track conditions. Which again shows that GM put a lot of thought, money, R&D, and time into the 6th Gen. And that again is why the Camaro initially costed much more than the GT. Because it straight up came from the factory with much more in the design and a factory backed warranty from GM that encouraged people to take the car to the track. Ford put a warranty but then gave a bunch of mixed messages and confusing wording and back and forth because they really didn't want people tracking their cars hard.

Although I didn't know as much then as I do now, I gotta say I never had a gripe with paying MSRP (well, minus $3K in rebates) for my ZL1. I looked it up before I bought it and all the info I read told me that the ZL1 was worth every penny of MSRP. Matter of fact I was wondering why the MSRP was what I still consider to be low for all you get. Going back, I would gladly pay MSRP all over again. It just feels good to have a car that was as well thought out and well built from the chassis up. The Mustang on the other hand is pretty much just a car that was built and then parts were thrown at it later on to make it perform better.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #20
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post

look at that splitter lol..utterly terrible. this mofo thinks putting another splitter on that thing is gonna improve it.
Fugly!!!! And Mach 1s were going for 80k due to ADM! 80 grand and the Camaro is a better car and cheaper. You can buy two LT1s cheaper than a Mach 1 right now.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:55 PM   #21
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't think the Mustang front looks bad but I do think it is not optimal for cooling.
Let me disagree this time, Blaq, I personally can't take to the 'dumb catfish' look, the deeply seated 'taper' headlights, the weird splitter or the droplet roof/body shape (I know, visibility and headroom, but still). On the other hand, the rear of modern Mustang incarnations is pretty doable, getting better with almost every tweak and iteration.

The front is so bad that I would much rather put up with the 15-year old Challenger front end design than with any of the Mustangs. Their inflated price tags are just the final nails that seal the deal for me.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #22
Camaro fanboy

That splitter lol..never seen anything so utterly ridiculous. stands out like a beacon of ugliness.
these clowns think by just bolting on another splitter it's gonna improve things lol.
i wouldn't even drive that thing to the store with that thing stuck on the front.
too much going on on these mach 1 things. tacky looking.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:17 AM   #23
hotlap

Quote:

I see what you're saying
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -
Old 09-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #24
Camaro fanboy

Ha Ha..ofc it looks like a double chin.
how anyone can choose the mustang over the camaro amazes me..different lague of car in everyway and looks like a movie star..all i see is ford mondeo when i see an s550.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:39 AM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Ha Ha..ofc it looks like a double chin.
how anyone can choose the mustang over the camaro amazes me..different lague of car in everyway and looks like a movie star..all i see is ford mondeo when i see an s550.
I think your criticisms are a bit too harsh. I understand that you happened to get a lemon. But that was just bad luck from what I can see. I have had harsh things to say about Mustangs but it was always specific to their performance as compared to the competition. And even more specifically, it was towards the 15-17 GTs. I had a 15 GT. And the performance was lame. But the car was good, it ran perfectly, it was reliable, I had no problems or issues with it, it was rock solid. So I have nothing negative about anything other than performance related subjects. I don't think they are garbage despite me calling them that in the past...it was all due to the performance tho. All in all the Mustangs are a good car at a great value...well besides the upper trims which are horrible values and have terrible reliability. I think if you let go of your hatred for the car and tried another one then maybe your opinions might change.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #26
Camaro fanboy

Hi mate .
i cant. mine wasn't a lemon..
drivelink clunk and thud.
hood flutter was a joke.
trying to keep the thing straight on the motorway drove me crazy.
i hate all fords tbh. terrible cars. i got a brand new ford transit long wheel base company van. it's garbage.
me and ford are done with..i'll never ever own another one
Old 09-08-2021, 08:35 AM   #27
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
A neighbor a few blocks away works for Ford and has had Mach 1 engineering cars all year. The double chin splitter was the first thing I noticed. It looks pretty bad.

This month, he's had an A90 Supra and a Riverside Blue Camaro ZL1 also. I wonder what exactly Ford is benchmarking those cars for? Could be anything I guess.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #28
Camaro fanboy

double splitter lol..
showed some work friends what they thought of the front end of that car.
first thing they said was wtf is that thing on the front. your eyes get drawn to it.