Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-26-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
kfull49

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1lt RS V6
Secondary Cats Question

Hey guys so I have a 2017 V6 with the NPP exhaust option. I love the way it sounds but I've seen people talking about doing a secondary cat delete. I was wondering if anyone here has a secondary cat delete with the stock NPP and how it sounds. I know it shouldn't be a huge difference but just wondering what it does. Also, I think it keeps the option to quiet it down which I would like to keep. Is that true?
kfull49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
From what I've heard it will be more raspy, but nothing crazy. Just for reference I have a Flowmaster axle back on my 2018 V6, and even with the rest of the exhaust stock, I personally wouldn't want it any more raw or raspy than it already is. Obviously the V6 has that inheritantly higher pitched type sound as is, so it can get raspy rather quickly with minimal exhaust mods. Obviously it's all personal preference
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #3
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
I have it and it is much louder, more burbly at 1.5-2k rpms and you hear more decel pops and bangs and it’s louder.
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 09:00 AM   #4
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
I killed my secondary cats and they got me a little better performance because I'm using Jones Turbine mufflers, resonators, and exhaust valve deletes
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
kfull49

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1lt RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
I have it and it is much louder, more burbly at 1.5-2k rpms and you hear more decel pops and bangs and it’s louder.
That sounds awesome because I'm mainly looking for the burbles and pops. Does it still sound good and is it decently quiet when the valves are closed? Thanks for the reply!
kfull49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:40 PM   #6
OniCamaro

Drives: Camaro V6 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfull49 View Post
That sounds awesome because I'm mainly looking for the burbles and pops. Does it still sound good and is it decently quiet when the valves are closed? Thanks for the reply!
I have NPP exhaust with secondary cat delete. No burbles and pops lol... I wish!
Happy with results overall though. louder and more raw overall. Much louder in high rpms. Bit raspy around 3-3.5k rpms, I think. Sometimes I do wish it was a bit louder. But I feel a little bit louder will be so much more expensive, if you want to keep NPP, because you'd have to get an aftermarket system and I think only Borla makes them for V6.
OniCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote