#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 09-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #701
MattG_1031

Drives: 2012 RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
DISPATCH: Dispatch to highway patrol. Dispatch to highway patrol. Be on the lookout for a convertible sports car headed your way at a high rate of speed.

HWY PATROL: Roger that. Can you help me out with a color?

DISPATCH: <silence>

HWY PARTOL: Hellooooo! Color please? Anybody? Bueller?
Knew posting it on here would give me the best replies! There's not hiding in that car
MattG_1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #702
Yaz8

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
DISPATCH: Uh... Vehicle owner listed as ROY G BIV. Over and out.
LOL
Yaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:39 PM   #703
Suidae

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Name:  20220118_134407.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  198.6 KB
Suidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:38 PM   #704
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
2017 50th ss.

Beach shot.
Attached Images

oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:12 PM   #705
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Top up??????
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #706
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak99 View Post
Top up??????
You mean like yours is? In your profile pic?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:16 AM   #707
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
It was cold that day.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:28 AM   #708
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak99 View Post
It was cold that day.
Of course it was! It's Canada! lol

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to traveling periodically for work... I'll be in the GTA from time to time (along with Montreal and maybe even Alberta) to work with my team.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:38 AM   #709
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
New to me drop top

New to me BVM over Kalahari, 2LT with LGX auto. Blue top. Picked it up at a local dealership off trade back in November after searching for a LTG drop top for a few months. I had already made arrangements to have one shipped from out of state when this one popped up in my searches. I was extremely happy with the 2.0T in the ATS that this Camaro replaced. I felt the drivability of the turbo 4 is better, especially after a mild tune, than the V6 even if the numbers don't bear that out. LTG pickings were pretty slim after factoring in mileage, price and need of HUD & RS packages and the potential of having to ship or travel to get what we wanted (forget it if you want the 3rd pedal! I have a 4th Gen if I need to row gears), so I added the LGX to the search mix. We hadn’t been looking for or even really aware of the color combo until we saw this one. Our ATS was also BVM (or Dark Adriatic Blue in Caddy lingo), so we were already aware of the color’s characteristics. It cleans up nice, but there are quite a few minor cosmetic issues that will warrant attention.

List of upgrades waiting for warm weather to install: Brembos up front (12.6” rotors with the J55 option) ZL1 rockers (waiting on paint). Replace broken top “slider” panel. Soler TB, SEMA grill, black bowties, front bumper extension and eventually shed the terrible run flats. I already have a compatible Modern Spare from the ATS for longer trips, Thanks to the forum for providing spare tire packaging tips.

I would like a set of SS 1LE wheels or ZL1 replicas, but will probably settle on OEM 20x9.5's out back (If I can find them) when I decide to replace the OEM RFTs.

Yes, that's a car seat in the back. Tight fit, but the daughter seemed to be OK with it (for now).
Attached Images

GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:42 PM   #710
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP08jrf View Post
New to me BVM over Kalahari, 2LT with LGX auto. Blue top. Picked it up at a local dealership off trade back in November after searching for a LTG drop top for a few months. I had already made arrangements to have one shipped from out of state when this one popped up in my searches. I was extremely happy with the 2.0T in the ATS that this Camaro replaced. I felt the drivability of the turbo 4 is better, especially after a mild tune, than the V6 even if the numbers don't bear that out. LTG pickings were pretty slim after factoring in mileage, price and need of HUD & RS packages and the potential of having to ship or travel to get what we wanted (forget it if you want the 3rd pedal! I have a 4th Gen if I need to row gears), so I added the LGX to the search mix. We hadn’t been looking for or even really aware of the color combo until we saw this one. Our ATS was also BVM (or Dark Adriatic Blue in Caddy lingo), so we were already aware of the color’s characteristics. It cleans up nice, but there are quite a few minor cosmetic issues that will warrant attention.

List of upgrades waiting for warm weather to install: Brembos up front (12.6” rotors with the J55 option) ZL1 rockers (waiting on paint). Replace broken top “slider” panel. Soler TB, SEMA grill, black bowties, front bumper extension and eventually shed the terrible run flats. I already have a compatible Modern Spare from the ATS for longer trips, Thanks to the forum for providing spare tire packaging tips.

I would like a set of SS 1LE wheels or ZL1 replicas, but will probably settle on OEM 20x9.5's out back (If I can find them) when I decide to replace the OEM RFTs.

Yes, that's a car seat in the back. Tight fit, but the daughter seemed to be OK with it (for now).
Beautiful car! You won’t get that modern spare in the trunk with the top down, so plan on a fixit kit or AAA!

I have a set of ‘16 SS silver painted split spokes with 3k miles on them I’ve been thinking of getting rid of. Mint condition. Same wheels you have but silver instead of grey. PM me if interested.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes

Last edited by TP2SS; 03-06-2022 at 10:59 PM.
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 07:48 PM   #711
DeltaEliteMan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Nightfall Grey Vert
Are there any pics of convertible 6th Gen ZL1's with rollbars installed?
DeltaEliteMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:59 PM   #712
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Beautiful car! You won’t get that modern spare in the trunk with the top down, so plan on a fixit kit or AAA!

Actually, with the top down, you have about 8 inches of room. I remember someone posting a few years ago that a modern spare will fit under the top. I keep an air pump, a small jack and lots of other stuff there year round.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 05:26 PM   #713
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Actually, with the top down, you have about 8 inches of room. I remember someone posting a few years ago that a modern spare will fit under the top. I keep an air pump, a small jack and lots of other stuff there year round.
Yep, it will fit… of course, you have to remove the divider to do so.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:25 PM   #714
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Yep, it will fit… of course, you have to remove the divider to do so.
How did you circumvent the sensors that won't let the top retract if the divider isn't place? I'm assuming it's some sort of proximity sensor that detects the presence of the clip on the tab. If it's just proximity that could be solved by hacking up a divider and just putting the clips on the tabs. What I don't know is if there's some sort of continuity circuit that connect the upper clips with the lower, making all 4 needing to be in place, with a circuit connecting them.

I'm going to get some non RFs at some point and plan to take some longer trips in areas that could take roadside service a hours-long wait. That's not too appealing!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote