Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-04-2017, 12:11 AM   #29
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Currently using the Trifecta tune on a stock 1lt. Still pretty early to do any reviewing but it 100% corrects for the "dead zone" / acceleration blip on light acceleration from a stop that many have experienced. I'll have more by this weekend to say about it.
Did you have any other tunes in mind before you pulled the trigger on this one? And how did you decide Trifecta was the right tune for you?

Im interested in getting a tune for mine, but I dint hear many ppl commenting on tunes here or giving their opinions on them.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:05 AM   #30
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
Did you have any other tunes in mind before you pulled the trigger on this one? And how did you decide Trifecta was the right tune for you?

Im interested in getting a tune for mine, but I dint hear many ppl commenting on tunes here or giving their opinions on them.
When I flashed it, there were no alternatives. Trifecta was first.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #31
bishopski

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT | 3.6L V6 | A/T
Anything more than what was out a year ago was my point. I am not sold on the Trifecta tune. Its too much for too little. Are there other options at a better cost or with more gains?

Trifecta took the base tune off their website. I am guessing too many people complained?

Keep watching George Takei...If thats what you call reality. Its your world dog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I'm confused. You took the time to post this in an existing thread that specifically references an available tune that came out over a year ago.

I've been watching lots of old star trek episodes lately but I'm pretty sure my reality is your reality so... wtf?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #32
jingaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopski View Post
Anything more than what was out a year ago was my point. I am not sold on the Trifecta tune. Its too much for too little. Are there other options at a better cost or with more gains?

Trifecta took the base tune off their website. I am guessing too many people complained?

Keep watching George Takei...If thats what you call reality. Its your world dog...
Other options out there seem to be the Overkill tune and in the tuning section RDP store says they do remote tunes. Haven't seen any reviews on them though. And this Cunningham tune is new to me.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #33
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezangel886 View Post
Recently got my car tuned by Cunningham using hp tuners and with my bolt ons they were able to squeeze 61 horsepower and 54 lbs trq (to the wheels) out of the car from the base dyno

Since I know anyone won't believe me I'll upload a pic of the dyno chart tomorrow morning ����

Gonna go e85 and see how much more I can get soon!
waiting on that 61 horsepower and 54 lbs trq

not that i dont believe you , but i'll be looking into a road trip to Cunningham (no idea where they are) once confirmed!
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #34
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
For those of you who claim "gm didn't leave much on the table for the LGX" Here's the proof it has a lot of potential!
just putting it out there.... that was the "reason" tuners weren't initially available for the LFX in the 5th gen.

I remember Diablosport saying they didn't leave anything on the table, not much gain.

then HP tuners came out and people were jumping from 240-250 RWHP with basic boltons (intake, exhaust, sometimes a ported TB) all the way to 270-280 RWHP.

I saw quite a few cars locally that were remotely tuned by Matt @ FSP.

not saying other tuners weren't getting similar results, but that's who did my transmission tune and who the shop used.

Trust me, you'll also hear that about suspension, chassis, and brakes as well. not that GM DIDNT do a good job. they did a PHENOMENAL job for these cars, all trims, out the gates.

but most anything can be improved. sometimes it just takes the right tuner, or R&D company.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #35
jingaling

So about 13 hp and 6 tq gain? How does it compare vs stock? I'd imagine it's pretty similar, but I could be wrong.

This thread showed a stock dyno with numbers that didn't look too bad... http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475431

Just trying to hunt down the best bang for my buck in mods.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #36
jingaling

Quote:
Not trying to throw you under the bus but do some research before saying anything. That's the base dyno FOR THAT SPECIFIC CAR. My car did not have a base dyno with same numbers as THAT CAR. I gained power from MY BASE DYNO not from another cars dyno numbers. Plus you have to consider the different dyno's that were used what elevation the cars were, temperatures etc. Do your research before saying anything bud 🙂

I see where you're coming from and that's why I was asking. You said you were gonna post your base stock dyno run and On your photo it says run 2 was the baseline. I wasn't sure if that was the before and after in 1 shot. Where are these guys located?
Old 07-05-2017, 12:56 AM   #37
lopezangel886

Drives: 2016 v6 camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I see where you're coming from and that's why I was asking. You said you were gonna post your base stock dyno run and On your photo it says run 2 was the baseline. I wasn't sure if that was the before and after in 1 shot. Where are these guys located?
Numbers are not too impressive but then again they're dyno is called the "heart breaker". They're in Temecula area in California. Google Cunningham Motorsports and they'll pop right up. Talk with Troy about pricing, they are honestly the best tuning shop IMO.. With the tune it was a night and day difference..
lopezangel886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Numbers are not too impressive but then again they're dyno is called the "heart breaker". They're in Temecula area in California. Google Cunningham Motorsports and they'll pop right up. Talk with Troy about pricing, they are honestly the best tuning shop IMO.. With the tune it was a night and day difference..
So what exactly is your picture showing? yeah...I see it's not your car, but then why did you post it, since its numbers are not even close to what you claim you got with your car?

We need to see your dyno runs.

Don't get upset, but I'm very skeptical of your claims of 60+ HP and 50+ TQ. I am very familiar with the LLT, and the LFX in terms of potential from mods and tunes...yes the LGX is a new engine, but still similar to the LFX. Assuming your base dyno run was even remotely close to the stock power a V6 should be putting down (lets say, 240 - 270 rwhp) that means your new dyno should be showing your car in the range of 300 - 330rwhp or better, meaning your car is really cranking out 390+ HP.....from a tune and one or two basic bolt ons?

yeah...you said "heartbreaker" dyno. They exist....but....yeah.

In the real world, with a tune, and basic bolt ons (intake, TB, ported manifold, high flow cats) nobody should be expecting more than 30 - 40HP in gains on the V6.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #39
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I must be confused also.. Unless you dynoed stock at only 220 hp??
Yeah...gonna need to see some baseline runs. You get get 61 hp and 54 ft. lbs. if you read the chart completely wrong.
Chez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #40
Chez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Please tell me how there's not a baseline run on this? I must be reading this wrong as well.
Between Run 1 and 2 you lost 13 hp and 6ft lbs
Chez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #41
jingaling

I think there is a slight misunderstanding... Run #2 was your baseline 275hp / 221 tq..... Run#1 looks like the dyno run after the tune 288hp / 228 tq

At the bottom by your name it says cms is #1 and stock #2... That's where I was confused last night and thought there was maybe another stock dyno run not posted.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:24 AM   #42
viewska

Drives: Red Hot Vert
OMJeeze y'all,

I caught his mistake also, but like, can't you just let the man be happy with his tune?? Y'all were prolly those kids running around 2nd grade making sure everybody knew santa wasn't real.

To the poster who misread his dyno sheet:
Double digit hp gains are still pretty good, and any increase to the area under the curve will make you faster.
viewska is offline   Reply With Quote