Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #15
wik.haider
 
Drives: 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: ON
Posts: 4
Hi everyone,
Here's the math in CAD:

Msrp: 67k (2SS with design package 1 and a couple of small things)
tax @13%: 8.7k

Downpayment = 25k. Cost of finance (interest @ 3.99%): 6200
Total payment over 7 years would be: 67k+8.7k+6.2k = ~81.9k

Downpayment = 0. Cost of finance (interest @ 3.99%): 9928
Total payment over 7 years would be: 67k+8.7k+9.9k = ~85.6k

Hope it clarifies it.
wik.haider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #16
dfxrte
 
Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GTA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by wik.haider View Post
Hi everyone,
Here's the math in CAD:

Msrp: 67k (2SS with design package 1 and a couple of small things)
tax @13%: 8.7k

Downpayment = 25k. Cost of finance (interest @ 3.99%): 6200
Total payment over 7 years would be: 67k+8.7k+6.2k = ~81.9k

Downpayment = 0. Cost of finance (interest @ 3.99%): 9928
Total payment over 7 years would be: 67k+8.7k+9.9k = ~85.6k

Hope it clarifies it.

okay so you included the total financing cost into the payment. Usually on road numbers are just what you pay for the car + tax.


Regardless, why on earth would you pay 67K for an SS -- unless it's the 1le package? I know 2ss 1le are selling around 64K msrp which makes a lot more sense
__________________
Sold: '17 m6 2SS [arctic blue]
Current: '22 m6 zl1 [vivid orange]
Status - Delivered
https://ibb.co/qpWHXZM][img]https://i.ibb.co/NKm0Q46/zl1.jpg
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:28 PM   #17
Exia
Exia
 
Exia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Corvette Z06 | 2019 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 78
Even at an MSRP of 67k (this still seems high). I'd save another 7k and just get a base ZL1. It will hold more value and that increased cost will pay itself back long term. A high option 2SS is going to tank hard compared to a ZL1 with low options to the point a ZL1 makes more sense, it will depreciate less and now you have a ZL1.
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 04:39 PM   #18
dfxrte
 
Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GTA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exia View Post
Even at an MSRP of 67k (this still seems high). I'd save another 7k and just get a base ZL1. It will hold more value and that increased cost will pay itself back long term. A high option 2SS is going to tank hard compared to a ZL1 with low options to the point a ZL1 makes more sense, it will depreciate less and now you have a ZL1.

Ya, that just an insane price. I think even the 1le msrp base is 55K or something lol. ZL1 shits on both of these cars and you don't have to add anything to them, they come loaded to the teeth
__________________
Sold: '17 m6 2SS [arctic blue]
Current: '22 m6 zl1 [vivid orange]
Status - Delivered
https://ibb.co/qpWHXZM][img]https://i.ibb.co/NKm0Q46/zl1.jpg
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:24 PM   #19
wik.haider
 
Drives: 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: ON
Posts: 4
I think after reading all the comments and looking at it again, the ZL1 makes more and more sense

FYI the 67k high cost is because its a convertible and not coupe. I thought I had mentioned that but I just realized I had not.

I hope to join this club soon
wik.haider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:14 PM   #20
arpad_m


 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by wik.haider View Post
I think after reading all the comments and looking at it again, the ZL1 makes more and more sense

FYI the 67k high cost is because its a convertible and not coupe. I thought I had mentioned that but I just realized I had not.

I hope to join this club soon
Sound thinking, hope you'll have your best luck trying to score a ZL1 convertible
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS — G7E MX0 NPP F55 IO6
735 rwhp | 665 rwtq

Magnuson TVS2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE replica wheels | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:55 AM   #21
dfxrte
 
Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GTA
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by wik.haider View Post
I think after reading all the comments and looking at it again, the ZL1 makes more and more sense

FYI the 67k high cost is because its a convertible and not coupe. I thought I had mentioned that but I just realized I had not.

I hope to join this club soon

Try working with Eastside GM in Markham. Catherine is my saleslady there. You can mention that Daniel had referred you. She has exceptional communication and they're one of the highest producing Camaro dealers in Ontario, so you're more likely to receive an allocation with them.
__________________
Sold: '17 m6 2SS [arctic blue]
Current: '22 m6 zl1 [vivid orange]
Status - Delivered
https://ibb.co/qpWHXZM][img]https://i.ibb.co/NKm0Q46/zl1.jpg
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.