Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 10-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #15
silverscreamo

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 with RS package
Pretty excited for this weekend. My buds over at City Soundz in Miami are installing a new sound system for me. We all know the stock speaker setup is pretty weak, but I have a feeling the previous owner REALLY abused them. Looking forward to more clarity and power.

My pops and I will also be wrapping the car little by little when we can. This week, we'll be wrapping the hood in matte metallic purple. The plan is to do the hood, roof, and trunk in that color, while the rest of the body will be done in satin black. Finally, I'll probably have the rims redone in a darker purple as well. The satin finish I have now is nice, but kind of boring ultimately.

Really does feel good to have a project car going again with the old man. Married life is nice, but I've missed tinkering like this on the weekends.
Trifecta Tune
silverscreamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:15 AM   #16
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverscreamo View Post
when the Cruze just won't feel special enough
I can't imagine this scenario.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:38 AM   #17
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
I can't imagine this scenario.

We took the thing over to Home Depot the past weekend to get supplies for her garden. I told her it'd have more get up and go if she'd let me put in a bigger turbo, CAI, exhaust, and get the thing tuned. She told me she'd sooner give up gardening.
Trifecta Tune
Old 10-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #18
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:

We took the thing over to Home Depot the past weekend to get supplies for her garden. I told her it'd have more get up and go if she'd let me put in a bigger turbo, CAI, exhaust, and get the thing tuned. She told me she'd sooner give up gardening.
Had a Cruze LT as a rental a couple years ago. I actually enjoyed the car a lot. Fun compact IMO and was comfortable.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #19
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Had a Cruze LT as a rental a couple years ago. I actually enjoyed the car a lot. Fun compact IMO and was comfortable.
It's a great little car! Reason we ended up buying one is that we had a rental during our honeymoon a few years prior. And you can haul quite a bit, but I needed something more engaging since I'm always on the road for work.
Trifecta Tune
Old 10-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #20
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
It's a great little car! Reason we ended up buying one is that we had a rental during our honeymoon a few years prior. And you can haul quite a bit, but I needed something more engaging since I'm always on the road for work.

i hate my cruze lol bought my camaro ss in 2016 and change jobs in 2017 so i decided to buy one as i needed a daily over 100k on it now but its so slow and boring...should have gotten something faster but i only cared about those mpgs
Old 10-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #21
silverscreamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i hate my cruze lol bought my camaro ss in 2016 and change jobs in 2017 so i decided to buy one as i needed a daily over 100k on it now but its so slow and boring...should have gotten something faster but i only cared about those mpgs
It's definitely boring on long commutes, but I say it's a great city car. My wife only has a 2 mile commute, so a single tank in the cruze lasts usually over a month. I feel you though, it's why I got my Camaro as well in the end as well
Trifecta Tune
Old 10-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #22
silverscreamo

So I had a pretty... eventful weekend. The original plan was to redo the sound system. I had the standard 6-speaker setup and could never stand how quiet and muddied it was. With the cash and some time available, I finally did an upgrade:

The amp is a DS18 S3000.4D, a pair of noise filters, with a Hi/Lo 4 channel converter.

The front and rear speakers are DS18 Pro- ZT6's, along with a pair of Pro-TW220 tweeters.

Wish I could say I installed this stuff myself, but I'm not using to messing with the electronics on more modern cars. That said, my dad and I ARE in the process of upgrading the audio in his 2001 Chevy Silverado, so maybe I'll share pics of that too sometime.

Unfortunately, Sunday morning, I came out to find an enormous crack on my windshield. Put a bit of a dent in my enthusiasm, but that didn't stop us from making our first attempt at wrapping the hood:

We went with VViViD+ Matte Metallic Purple. It was an absolute nightmare and, no matter what we did, the hood would not stop bubbling up. That said, it was a good learning experience for us. Despite it, I do like the color so will probably just try again with a new roll. The plan is to cover the hood, roof, and trunk with purple and a satin black (or gunmetal gray) around the body and spoiler.

Apologies for the crappy photos, but I'll take some better ones once I get the kinks sorted.
Trifecta Tune