Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #1
casper17
Cali the Camaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M
2017 2.0t Mods

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to the car community in general. I just bought my manual 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0t last month, and I'm looking for the best mods to buy for it. I'm wanting a new exhaust but I think I'm going to struggle to find a way to get a deep, aggressive sound. The only videos I have found of an aftermarket exhaust all sound kind of like a ricer or whiny and that's what I'm trying to avoid. So if anyone knows of an exhaust system or a way to get a deep aggressive sound on the 2.0, please let me know! I'm also looking into doing a cold air intake - does anyone know the best one for the 2.0? I also can't figure out how to add a profile picture to my account, but that's a thread for another day hahah.
casper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #2
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Borla, MRT, and mishimoto sound about as aggressive as you can get. Hence, a 4 cylinder.
Far as intake injen, k&N, AND ZZP are probably the best ones we can get
Old 10-11-2021, 07:04 PM   #3
casper17
Cali the Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
Borla, MRT, and mishimoto sound about as aggressive as you can get. Hence, a 4 cylinder.
Far as intake injen, k&N, AND ZZP are probably the best ones we can get
Yeah, I guess there’s not many options with it being a 4 cyl I was just wondering if there was something floating around I just didn’t know about but thanks for the info on both the exhaust and intake! Looking into other mods as well
Old 10-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #4
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Mishimoto "Pro Cat-Back" sounds the best paired with any catted downpipe.

Also, you can put any kind of resonator "mid-pipe" for additional sound depth like the one Borla makes.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
casper17
Cali the Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Mishimoto "Pro Cat-Back" sounds the best paired with any catted downpipe.

Also, you can put any kind of resonator "mid-pipe" for additional sound depth like the one Borla makes.
Thanks! I'm going to definitely look into that one. I appreciate it!
Old 10-12-2021, 07:57 PM   #6
Davescamaro

I'm currently using the zzp catted downpipe with mrt v2 axle back. Gives it a very low tone, not super throaty, nor do you hear the turbo whine up or down from the exhaust, but the power is quite noticeable.
I plan on putting thr borla mid pipe soon and retune along with the throttle body upgrade. I should notice probably 10% deeper tone.
Question for startthe machine. Can I go with those mods along with bigger IC core without upgrading the clutch and bottom end. Heard 350whp is about the cap you want to hit and I'm hitting 306 as of now.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:55 PM   #7
SS_AL

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS l4 turbo
I put a Mishimoto catted downpipe on and kept the stock muffler, I'm pretty happy, I've got a nice tone and great burble on deceleration, but that's just my opinion..The burble is from a custom HP Tuner mod. FYI, I raced a 5.0 mustang on the highway, and it was like he was standing still !!
SS_AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 07:46 AM   #8
casper17
Cali the Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_AL View Post
I put a Mishimoto catted downpipe on and kept the stock muffler, I'm pretty happy, I've got a nice tone and great burble on deceleration, but that's just my opinion..The burble is from a custom HP Tuner mod. FYI, I raced a 5.0 mustang on the highway, and it was like he was standing still !!
Thanks! I told myself if I couldn't find anything to make it sound deep I wasn't going to do any changes to the exhaust, but I've been looking more and more into the Mishimoto catted downpipe and been considering it. Just curious .. how would I go about getting a custom HP Tuner? I'm new to all of this haha.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:21 PM   #9
SS_AL

I bought Hp Tuner software in June, and watched A LOT of Goat Rope Garage on YouTube, I Eventually did the downpipe, Mishimoto, because of the lifetime warranty, Injen Evolution intake, E-85 sensor, ZZP Catch Can, I step colder Spark Plugs, ZZP Large Intake and T.B spacer,(for Boost Line), after going through about 100 different programs, I finally found one my car loves, I'm actually pushing 501 WHP, Just trying to be careful about my internals until I can Replace them too, I HIGHLY recommend HP Tuning, it's very satisfying when you hit the "sweet spot" on you car
Old 11-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #10
casper17
Cali the Camaro

Quote:
I bought Hp Tuner software in June, and watched A LOT of Goat Rope Garage on YouTube, I Eventually did the downpipe, Mishimoto, because of the lifetime warranty, Injen Evolution intake, E-85 sensor, ZZP Catch Can, I step colder Spark Plugs, ZZP Large Intake and T.B spacer,(for Boost Line), after going through about 100 different programs, I finally found one my car loves, I'm actually pushing 501 WHP, Just trying to be careful about my internals until I can Replace them too, I HIGHLY recommend HP Tuning, it's very satisfying when you hit the "sweet spot" on you car
I'm not going to lie ... this sounds like gibberish to me haha. I would love to get a tune done, just don't know what to do (at all) or how to go about it. As for all of those products listed above .. I'm going to drop links and tell me if I'm on the right track or not haha.
Catted downpipe - https://www.mishimoto.com/chevrolet-...pipe-2016.html

Injen Evolution Intake - https://www.americanmuscle.com/injen...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

ZZP Catch Can - https://zzperformance.com/products/z...xoCPOwQAvD_BwE

Can you link the E-85 sensor? Also, what is the T.B spacer & the "I step colder Spark Plugs"? I'm sorry I just have no idea what I'm doing .... yet!!!
Old 11-15-2021, 08:05 PM   #11
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
, I'm actually pushing 501 WHP, Just trying to be careful about my internals until I can Replace them too, I HIGHLY recommend HP Tuning, it's very satisfying when you hit the "sweet spot" on you car

Your pushing 501 WHP?? Really? Got a dyno or time slip for that? Doubtful at best.

@casper17, contact me for LTG tuning needs if using HPT...

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:56 AM   #12
casper17
Cali the Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Your pushing 501 WHP?? Really? Got a dyno or time slip for that? Doubtful at best.

You might not want to say that ... I have a feeling I'm going to need a LOT of help
Old 11-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #13
Davescamaro

I would imagine maybe 380 at the wheels max without a turbo upgrade. That td04 stock can't push too much boost (more than 30 at capped).
With my setup I'm only hitting maybe 330 crank horses if lucky.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #14
SS_AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post

I should have said BHP not WHP
Attached Images