Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 09-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
Vettethret

Drives: 2023 ZL1 1LE
SWIFT SPRING UPGRADE ON BC COILOVERS..

Has anyone upgraded to swift springs at a heavier spring rate than the 6kg/12g starting set up?

Since I don't track the car, I'm not sure I want to spend the money on the superior MCS set up. I already have 15k in parts coming for this thing, so if I have save 3K on something that would be overkill for the street, I would like to. I will be running an aggressive wheel set up with 20x10 fronts and 20x12 rear setup. The car will be lowered 1.25-1.5", so i am looking for a stiffer spring set up. I have all BMR adjustable arms with sways and cradle lockout coming for it as well. Ride comfort is not a primary concern. Anyone with experience with this spring upgrade?

2023 ZL1 1LE 19" BC Forged RS45- 325/345 Toyo R888R, KPMF Satin Pearl Wrap, GT Huas Exhaust. Incoming- Girodisc- Heads/Cam
Vettethret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #2
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Do these coilovers not just take standard 2.5" springs? If they do, you just need to determine what free length you need and you can get almost any rate you want from a number of suppliers.

I can't exactly tell if true performance is really important to you or not, but if you're asking about spring rates I'm guessing it is. As you may know by now, those BC BR-series dampers are not good. The single adjuster changes both rebound and compression, and since it has "linear valving" rather than digressive valving, the adjustments change the damping rates at all piston speeds. You're never going to get proper damping from these.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #3
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
I have swift springs, 8k/12k on my silver's coilovers. I can't really give a comparison to any other spring, I switched from BMR lowering springs when I installed the coilovers.

I know my car drives great on the street and track, but I'll probably have to give the credit for that to the dampers. I went with Swift because all the reviews are fantastic, I have zero complaints but also not an apples to apples comparison that would help you.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
swift hyperco eibach all make great springs the hard part is trying to figure out the spring rate that will work best with your car and shocks
Old 10-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #5
Vettethret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
I have swift springs, 8k/12k on my silver's coilovers. I can't really give a comparison to any other spring, I switched from BMR lowering springs when I installed the coilovers.

I know my car drives great on the street and track, but I'll probably have to give the credit for that to the dampers. I went with Swift because all the reviews are fantastic, I have zero complaints but also not an apples to apples comparison that would help you.
Thank you, I will probably go this route

2023 ZL1 1LE 19" BC Forged RS45- 325/345 Toyo R888R, KPMF Satin Pearl Wrap, GT Huas Exhaust. Incoming- Girodisc- Heads/Cam
Old 10-02-2021, 07:12 PM   #6
Vettethret

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
swift hyperco eibach all make great springs the hard part is trying to figure out the spring rate that will work best with your car and shocks
I'm going to start with the BC first to see how they are on the street, if they dont work out, the MCS will be next: