Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-20-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
DarkKnyte

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
2020+ IOT/Bose AMP Pinouts

I'm trying to get a Fix86 to calibrate using a T harness I got with another purchase from here, but I keep getting "Incomplete Audio Spectrum" errors using the 4 wires labeled Front L/R. Looking at the graph, I think they must be splitting off the highs for the tweeters in the dash.

I reached out to LLJ Customs to get a new loopback style harness made, but took 3 tries just to get them to respond to me at all and I still haven't gotten a price back yet on what I need. The website says it's backordered by a week anyway, so I'm just looking at modifying the harness directly rather than using an adapter, which is why I need the pinout.

Seems like most of the diagrams on the forums are for MY19 and earlier with different amps. If anyone has these schematics handy (or ideally the full service manual), I'd appreciate if you could post it.

Edit: Specifically, I need the 2021 IOT w/Bose 8 Speaker schematics in case there are other differences I'm not aware of.
DarkKnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 02:08 AM   #2
DarkKnyte

Update:

The harness I got from LLJ took a ridiculously long time to get here after I ordered it. I want to say I ordered it in October and it showed up in December, only being shipped after I made several inquiries as to when it was going out. Weather got cold by then and I was unable to do the install until last week when it warmed up.

I had nothing but problems for most of last week. My Fix86 refused to calibrate because channels were missing. Took many, many hours of head scratching, cussing, and troubleshooting just to find that LLJ's harness was the problem. The harness was built incorrectly with the front right input and output channels connected to the wrong wires inside his own harness. Grey was soldered to green instead of grey to grey. He has some weird 6 pin going to an 8 pin connection between 2 halves of the harness. Depending on how the 6 pin is fit into the 8 pin, you could either have front left door channel working or front right door channel working, not both. This is why the FIX was missing audio signals. Absurd. The wires are literally the same color before and after the connectors. How are you going to solder green wires to grey ones 4 times?

I had to remove all the nice finish work to find and fix the problems. The tweeter connections I paid extra for were just left entirely disconnected with the wires looped in the wrong direction inside the harness. I had to connect them myself to the dash channels (which uselessly are all blue wires in his harness) and run them correctly from the connector to the input and output halves of the harness.

Also had to add 2 sub channels to the harness which were not an option from LLJ when I bought it, and are required to make the Fix86 work properly with our 9 speaker system.

The terminals 'upgrade' option I bought along with the harness were cheap hollow junk, and only crimped on the input side. The ground terminal fell off when I was plugging/unplugging the Fix from the harness. Output side wasn't even stripped, let alone terminated. Tinning the ends made for a more reliable termination if not cleaner. I do not recommend anyone else selection this option.

After spending the better part of a work day with the harness on my bench finding and correcting LLJs mistakes and adding in the sub channels, the FIX86 calibrated perfectly on the first try.

I did ask LLJ what he was using as a reference for speaker pinouts to the connector to base his harness off of, and did not get a useful answer. The older pre-2020 Camaro wiring diagrams I could find were incorrect for the 2020-later models w/Bose. I ended up having to diagram out the connectors by hand and trace all the speakers to get it right.

I sent an email to LLJ a couple days ago, but as has been my experience he takes a long time to reply. Mailing a letter would probably be faster.

I do have my amp hooked up working, but it's not done yet. I see this thread pop up when I'm searching for 2020+ Camaro audio information, so I did want to update it with my experience with LLJ so that others have some idea of what to expect if they choose to order from him.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:30 AM   #3
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I don't have the wiring diagram you're looking for, but I'm sure the Bose system does all sorts of trickery with the signals to the various speakers. Given that, I think the only way you're going to get a good full-range signal is to use an interface that's dedicated for Bose-equipped Camaros. I am guessing that the FiX86 can't do it by itself.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:58 AM   #4
DarkKnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I don't have the wiring diagram you're looking for, but I'm sure the Bose system does all sorts of trickery with the signals to the various speakers. Given that, I think the only way you're going to get a good full-range signal is to use an interface that's dedicated for Bose-equipped Camaros. I am guessing that the FiX86 can't do it by itself.
What did you have in mind? The Nav-TV GM-AVB has been out of stock for year. The company that makes it has literally said 'it's two to six weeks out' since October. I haven't been able to find them used either.

I've made some progress on the sound. I fixed the missing bass issues, and I understand the problem better. I'm putting together some notes to post up here so others have something to work from when they want to tackle this.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:37 PM   #5
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnyte View Post
What did you have in mind? The Nav-TV GM-AVB has been out of stock for year. The company that makes it has literally said 'it's two to six weeks out' since October. I haven't been able to find them used either.

I've made some progress on the sound. I fixed the missing bass issues, and I understand the problem better. I'm putting together some notes to post up here so others have something to work from when they want to tackle this.
I could be wrong, but I think the Axxess AXDSPL-GM30 will work on a Bose-equipped car. I would definitely call them to discuss it first, though.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:28 PM   #6
DarkKnyte

It says “Designed for non-amplified models”. That’s not gonna work, but thank you.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:29 PM   #7
Msquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnyte View Post
It says “Designed for non-amplified models”. That’s not gonna work, but thank you.
Ugh! Sorry about that. They have another interface that says that and I thought this was for amplified models. Yeah, this is a big PITA.