Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #645
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Lagging sales had nothing to do with the Camaros design, and everything to do with marketing.

GM just doesn't want to admit they have the worst marketing in automotive history.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:35 AM   #646
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
Refreshes are always controversial. That being said, I immediately liked the 16 refresh on the Camaro and the 15 refresh on the mustang. The 19 Camaro refresh looks like pure garbage.
When I first saw the gen6 it was love. It looks good in any color. That is my number one marker of great car design for me. Its funny that the mid cycle refresh on the Gen5 made people very angry but yet 15 was the highest sales year for the gen5. Go figure. Maybe this uglest will sell.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:39 AM   #647
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Lagging sales had nothing to do with the Camaros design, and everything to do with marketing.

GM just doesn't want to admit they have the worst marketing in automotive history.
While I agree that I have never seen a 6th gen major marketing ad.. I've also haven't seen a major Mustang marketing ploy since the last generation.

Take the Edsel for example. Ford poured billions into the car and it's marketing. Guess why it failed? Because a majority of America didn't like how it looked.

A car can fail purely because the public isn't into how a car looks.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #648
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
While I agree that I have never seen a 6th gen major marketing ad.. I've also haven't seen a major Mustang marketing ploy since the last generation.
It's not only about tv spots. Just look how many press Releases the 18 Mustang got. It was like every 3 weeks another news (special packages, 0-60 time ads, Line Lock ads, Bullitt, etc) about the car, so everybody talked about it.

Just check Chevy media side how many stuff they got about the 6th Gen Camaro, it's like nothing. No videos that the press could share (remember this directly impacts how many online magazines report about the car), no real presentation of features of the car.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:43 AM   #649
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
This is what they shoulda done....Attachment 929205
I like the merger of the 3rd gen 80s Camaro mixed with the 1st/5th/6gen styles. I agree with the Camaro team that the car shouldn't have abandoned the 1gen feel similar to how Porsche has never abandoned their look. If the 7th gen had some of that 3rd mixed in I'd fit it very cool. I've always had a soft spot for the 3rd gen.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:55 AM   #650
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
The more pics that get posted the worse it looks...
Sad that people are already making excuses for it...

'if we do this and this then it doesn't look so bad'
Fail GM, just fail...the pre-refresh will be the car nearly everyone wants when looking at them second hand as toys to have fun with.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:00 AM   #651
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTPIV View Post
"No one ever likes a refresh... last time this forum blew up about the tail lights.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285117

62% in the poll here disliked..." -mlee.

Honestly this is truth. No one ever to my knowledge has ever liked refreshes. refreshes always get hate and then are loved in about 1-3 years. Just wait for the gen 7. Everyone will hate on it and then in 2024 people will love it. Its a cycle and GM isn't blind to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly, go back and read the comments in the link above, virtually the same as we have here, yet many ended up trading in their dated models to get the latest and greatest refresh. Same will happen here. Same thing occurred with the 15-17 Mustang owners trashing the 18, now many are trading in.

Suddenly you find yourself driving the old model, in the case of the A8, likely the slower model, the new A10 should be bad A!!. IMO great move by Chevy, should increase Camaro sales by not only attracting new Camaro owners but also present owners looking to trade up.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:03 AM   #652
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
The more pics that get posted the worse it looks...
Sad that people are already making excuses for it...

'if we do this and this then it doesn't look so bad'
Fail GM, just fail...the pre-refresh will be the car nearly everyone wants when looking at them second hand as toys to have fun with.
I have no interest in second hand cars. But I also have no interest in anything but a V8. Doesn't make my opinion or tastes right compared to yours. It's just my preference. An opinion is just that. An opinion.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #653
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I cann't see how any one would want that front end. Hope they dont screw up the ZL1 as bad as that.
ZL1 front is not changing, only the rear. Just like the ‘14 refresh
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #654
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
ZL1 front is not changing, only the rear. Just like the ‘14 refresh
Thank God some one has sense in that company.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #655
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
I have no interest in second hand cars. But I also have no interest in anything but a V8. Doesn't make my opinion or tastes right compared to yours. It's just my preference. An opinion is just that. An opinion.
It's a good way of looking at everyone has their own opinion. As far as I'm concerned one place you can never get anything but a V8 is a pickup truck.

As far as the Camaro goes the V6 and turbo 4 are very viable options. There lighter and handle better than the V8. they're also quite quick and decent on gas.

Basically they're good for daily drivers

I love the V8 if it was mine would be nothing but a weekend warrior living in my garage like my old Z28

I used to take that car and beat on it for half an hour to an hour at a time and then put it away it was great stress relief.

And I will honestly say if they had a more reasonably priced V8 I would have bought that instead and daily driven it but it was just too much of a difference in price for a car I'm going to daily Drive
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #656
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
So there has or hasn't been any pics of the SS 1LE yet??

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #657
hyped1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE Hyper Blue
This is pretty much it with the SS grille instead of RS grille

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/5fc...1UOUE9.1-0.jpg
hyped1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #658
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Exactly, go back and read the comments in the link above, virtually the same as we have here, yet many ended up trading in their dated models to get the latest and greatest refresh. Same will happen here.
I don't know. While I wasn't crazy about the 5th gen MCE, it still had the same character. This SS front end is too drastically different IMO.

I slept on it. It's still terrible.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!